First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Retird
For those few of us who have opted for a Prodigy Performance JL Turbo Kit I would like to ask about your experience. As you can clearly see advertised on their web site they claim (with disclaimers) that their kit will increase you rear wheel horsepower by 150 to about 400. I have had my Jeep Dyno tested on the rear axel direct type Dyno and just made 350 RWHP. Although this is a considerable improvement over stock it is WAY short of what they advertise. End result is that I paid $100 per horsepower upgrade. I don’t know your results but I must express my disappointment.

if most of you have had a similar experience then I will take the lead and attempt to force Prodigy to modify their claims. If you disagree then I will remain silent and live with my disgruntled attitude.

In closing I feel compelled to say that at this point I wish I had not purchased this kit and would haven chosen a HEMI swap instead!

Jim Love
Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
For those few of us who have opted for a Prodigy Performance JL Turbo Kit I would like to ask about your experience. As you can clearly see advertised on their web site they claim (with disclaimers) that their kit will increase you rear wheel horsepower by 150 to about 400. I have had my Jeep Dyno tested on the rear axel direct type Dyno and just made 350 RWHP. Although this is a considerable improvement over stock it is WAY short of what they advertise. End result is that I paid $100 per horsepower upgrade. I don’t know your results but I must express my disappointment.

if most of you have had a similar experience then I will take the lead and attempt to force Prodigy to modify their claims. If you disagree then I will remain silent and live with my disgruntled attitude.

In closing I feel compelled to say that at this point I wish I had not purchased this kit and would haven chosen a HEMI swap instead!

Jim Love
Did you get a "before" run on that same dyno? In general, Dyno readings are only particularly useful for same day before and after comparisons.

I'm not defending Prodigy, but peak power is a very finicky thing. You would be hard pressed to find a day with the right conditions to even get the advertised 270ish hp of a bone stock 3.6

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Didn’t someone on here blow their motor using a Prodigy kit and a bad tune?

Anyways, I am sorry to hear your frustrations. That’s quite a bit of money.

If you’re not satisfied with the product or know that it doesn’t provide you what they claim it will then you should certainly reach out via *email* and be very aware of your responses.

Maybe they can assist you?

In the end, for what you paid, 80hp isn't a tremendous amount over stock.

Best of luck.

OP
OP
jimlove9771

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retird
Didn’t someone on here blow their motor using a Prodigy kit and a bad tune?

Anyways, I am sorry to hear your frustrations. That’s quite a bit of money.

If you’re not satisfied with the product or know that it doesn’t provide you what they claim it will then you should certainly reach out via *email* and be very aware of your responses.

Maybe they can assist you?

In the end, for what you paid, 80hp isn't a tremendous amount over stock.

Best of luck.
Yes. I am that person but I openly admit that I was completely at fault in that situation. I put a boost controller on my engine to attempt to achieve their stated accomplishments. Being a novice I made the mistake of turning the boost wide open instead of off. As a result the boost spiked to over 30 psi and I blew the engine.

Even so I absolutely do NOT hold Prodigy responsible for that failure! My quest is still to find out if anyone achieved their stated and boasted results. All I am suggesting* is that they should not claim what they can not achieve. Towards this end future potential buyers may want to seriously consider that Prodigy’s claims are enough exaggerated that they would be better served by considering another alternative.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jimlove9771

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retird
Did you get a "before" run on that same dyno? In general, Dyno readings are only particularly useful for same day before and after comparisons.

I'm not defending Prodigy, but peak power is a very finicky thing. You would be hard pressed to find a day with the right conditions to even get the advertised 270ish hp of a bone stock 3.6
In general I would agree with you however this was not a simple roller Dyno. The wheel and tire were removed and the Dyno was directly connected to the axel. It is the most accurate test available.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Yes. I am that person but I openly admit that I was completely at fault in that situation. I put a boost controller on my engine to attempt to achieve their stated accomplishments. Being a novice I made the mistake of turning the boost wide open instead of off. As a result the boost spiked to over 30 psi and I blew the engine.

Even so I absolutely do NOT hold Prodigy responsible for that failure! My quest is still to find out if anyone achieved their stated and boasted results. All I am suggesting* is that they should not claim what they can not achieve. Towards this end future potential buyers may want to seriously consider that Prodigy’s claims are enough exaggerated that they would be better served by considering another alternative.
@Kevin8086 also had issues that ended up in engine failure.

I'm pretty confident that the 2.0L with a tune and some bolt on's will get to 350hp. Right now >300hp is possible and it's still the early days.

2019RUBI

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Camry, 2017 Camaro 2SS, 1990 Mustang, 2019 Rubi on order
I don't see where they claim 400hp at the wheel on their site but I admittedly didn't watch the videos. I know from experience that a 2019 Wrangler 3.6 makes right around 220-225 hp at the rear tires.

If you put down 350HP to the rear tires that is an improvement of 125-130hp at the tires. When you figure in the average 20% drivetrain loss you're right around 420hp at the motor.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
All I am suggesting* is that they should not claim what they can not achieve.
Admittedly I have not gone to their site or read any of their descriptions. So, below is based off of what I’m gathering from you from a 50,000 ft view.

Sounds like this to me so far, especially if other users of the product also have similar dyno runs....

Legal Definition:

False Advertising

The crime or tort of publishing, broadcasting, or otherwise publicly distributing an advertisement that contains an untrue, misleading, or deceptive representation or statement which was made knowingly or recklessly and with the intent to promote the sale of property, goods, or services to the public.

+++++++++++

Any fine print in the purchase or on their site? Curious..

@Sean K. | @rustyshakelford | @TTEChris may be able to tell you if you’re crazy or not. They are in the industry.

OP
OP
jimlove9771

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retird
@Kevin8086 also had issues that ended up in engine failure.

I'm pretty confident that the 2.0L with a tune and some bolt on's will get to 350hp. Right now >300hp is possible and it's still the early days.
You and most all owners of the engine are not gonna like this but the only reason Chrysler only came up with the 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo was to meet mandated mileage requirements. Straight and simple. Facing huge financial penalties if they did not comply.

Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
LiteBrite has a video about this already. "old news" - on youtube.

OP
OP
jimlove9771

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retird
I don't see where they claim 400hp at the wheel on their site but I admittedly didn't watch the videos. I know from experience that a 2019 Wrangler 3.6 makes right around 220-225 hp at the rear tires.

If you put down 350HP to the rear tires that is an improvement of 125-130hp at the tires. When you figure in the average 20% drivetrain loss you're right around 420hp at the motor.

Just reviewed their website and you are right they have changed it significantly but when I was seduced they did claim 400 RWHP.

One slight correction I would make to your comment is that stock engine made 245 RWHP so my 350 was only 105 not 150. I can understand a reasonable amount of tolerance but 33%!, No way.

Just to add credence to my claims. I was the FIRST to purchase and install their new JL Turbo Kit. I have spoken to all 4 of the principles at Prodigy on multiple occasions including TODAY, Wes (Founder, designer and chief engineer), Danny, Michael and Todd. They all know me. The sad part is that while I consider all of them to be good people with only the greatest of intent but their product just does not measure up to its hype.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
You and most all owners of the engine are not gonna like this but the only reason Chrysler only came up with the 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo was to meet mandated mileage requirements. Straight and simple. Facing huge financial penalties if they did not comply.
And the point you are making is? Because regulations forced FCA to come up with something better and the 2.0L was the result doesn't bother me. The 3.6 is not competitive in todays market and FCA knew it so they had to go another direction.

So I'm quite happy with my "mandated" 2.0L that gets >20% better mileage and more power versus the 3.6.

As a reference I added 6psi of boost to my engine with a $400 chip and it's running really well with no drivability issues. You added 6psi for $10k and blew it up. I believe I made the better choice.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Just reviewed their website and you are right they have changed it significantly but when I was seduced they did claim 400 RWHP.

One slight correction I would make to your comment is that stock engine made 245 RWHP so my 350 was only 105 not 150. I can understand a reasonable amount of tolerance but 33%!, No way.

Just to add credence to my claims. I was the FIRST to purchase and install their new JL Turbo Kit. I have spoken to all 4 of the principles at Prodigy on multiple occasions including TODAY, Wes (Founder, designer and chief engineer), Danny, Michael and Todd. They all know me. The sad part is that while I consider all of them to be good people with only the greatest of intent but their product just does not measure up to its hype.
so... what does Prodigy have to say about it?
Sponsored