Rocker Switch panel for JL Sport

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I want this A Pillar switch my husband has in his JKU. Easily accessible. No fumbling :like: Tho probably just as easy to drill holes.

IMG_20191210_120510416.jpg
Sponsored

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
I want this A Pillar switch my husband has in his JKU. Easily accessible. No fumbling :like: Tho probably just as easy to drill holes.

IMG_20191210_120510416.jpg
JL has the grab bar. But on that note, I bought the upper dash mount to see if I could do something different. Just a kit of parts in my eyes so we will see.

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
I agree the lower cubby is the perfect spot for a switch panel. But for me, I want my switches unobstructed and in the line of sight. I swapped in Rubicon axles so I want to have quick access to the locker switches and have no chance of hitting the wrong switch. So I opted for the upper dash mount and built my own switch pod and mounted the S tech pre labeld switches.
Pictures?

I think this is why they have two options, some want easier access to the switches plus the lower cubby option doesn’t work with Rubicons.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Hey guys, check this one out! Just purchased this setup and am currently documenting the install on my JLUR. It is the JL200 by Voswitch. I stumbled upon it while researching switch panel options for the JK in order to determine what might be coming down the pipe for us JL owners. It is a switch panel/power module setup like the S-Pod, includes two RAM mounts, is Carling compatible, dimmable, (somewhat) programmable, and is very reasonably priced. Their website is pretty clunky, but their products are also available for viewing/purchase through Amazon. Definitely can't claim that they're Made in The USA, but so far my initial impressions are that the quality seems to be very good. The JK folks have given very positive reviews of their products and generally view them as a cheaper alternative to the S-Pod. There is also a JL100 model that has a fancy RAM mounted touchpad switching module, but I personally like the lower profile of this unit. Stay tuned for a full review and some better pics...

Stock photo of the JL200...

ABUIABACGAAg27P86wUojvbHtAIwuBc4uBc.jpg

Here is the JL100 in case you're interested...

ABUIABACGAAg6bL86wUo4K36xwMwuBc4uBc.jpg

And this is the power module in the engine compartment

ABUIABACGAAg77L86wUo0P32hgQwuBc4uBc.jpg

I'm really excited to get this thing installed, just have to figure out what I'm going to do with all the switches (this plus the AUX). My initial plan is to reconfigure this thing to better suit my needs. I'd like to use it for in-cab winch controls, even though the Voswitch instructions specifically state not to. Looks like it should be pretty easy to hotwire... lol

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
JL has the grab bar. But on that note, I bought the upper dash mount to see if I could do something different. Just a kit of parts in my eyes so we will see.
Yeah I know, but I like having the switches there because it's easily accessible to me.

Sponsored

ThinkOutdoors

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU 2018
Hey guys, check this one out! Just purchased this setup and am currently documenting the install on my JLUR. It is the JL200 by Voswitch. I stumbled upon it while researching switch panel options for the JK in order to determine what might be coming down the pipe for us JL owners. It is a switch panel/power module setup like the S-Pod, includes two RAM mounts, is Carling compatible, dimmable, (somewhat) programmable, and is very reasonably priced. Their website is pretty clunky, but their products are also available for viewing/purchase through Amazon. Definitely can't claim that they're Made in The USA, but so far my initial impressions are that the quality seems to be very good. The JK folks have given very positive reviews of their products and generally view them as a cheaper alternative to the S-Pod. There is also a JL100 model that has a fancy RAM mounted touchpad switching module, but I personally like the lower profile of this unit. Stay tuned for a full review and some better pics...

I'm really excited to get this thing installed, just have to figure out what I'm going to do with all the switches (this plus the AUX). My initial plan is to reconfigure this thing to better suit my needs. I'd like to use it for in-cab winch controls, even though the Voswitch instructions specifically state not to. Looks like it should be pretty easy to hotwire... lol
Just installed this the other day! Was planning on writing a review on here and Amazon. It was a relatively easy install and it feels like a high quality switch. Let me know if you need custom switches (I found a site that sells them for about ($5.50/piece with some cool designs).

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2D Manual

They are selling it for 274$ on Amazon right now.

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
I love my RC mlc-6 setup. It’s cheap, easy and very clean! You can still find the buttons in the dark being down there too. Plus it fills in the little wasted space that’s there.
The only hard part about this install is that if you have a manual you need to find other ways to route wires inside cab, RC wants you to go through the hole in firewall for clutch. I ran mine under and came up through the floor drain.
0C94B2B5-428A-4EB2-861A-7335EE048BF1.jpeg

D054AC12-57FB-466C-8DCC-4BAEEA8B2656.jpeg

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Just installed this the other day! Was planning on writing a review on here and Amazon. It was a relatively easy install and it feels like a high quality switch. Let me know if you need custom switches (I found a site that sells them for about ($5.50/piece with some cool designs).
Yes, please, where do you get different switches? The Amazon questions section mentions a site Otrattw, but there are many types of switches listed there.

Also, if you modify it for winch in & out control, with a master arm too, I would be very interested in how you do that modification.

I just ordered this and look forward to putting in the Voswitch JL200. I also looked at a custom-built micro-switch overhead option, or the bluetooth version thereof (neither of which had labeling), some $100-200 6-8 panel things on Amazon to mount somewhere, and a company that made a mount for just below the lights for an 8 panel (I would probably hit my knee on that, and the power module goes where my future snorkel will), but the Voswitch looks nice with real relays and reasonable price and easy install plus a better dash mount for my GoPro and phone than my Rugged Ridge dash. The Rough Country doesn't work for me as I have the factory Aux switches and lockers on my Rubicon.

Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Are there stickers for the lower cubby RC? Not having labels is a bit of a turn off for me as I'll need to remember what button goes to what. And I'll be honest, my memory is going and fast...LOL.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Yes, that's correct. The Contura XIV rockers will match the Voswitch switches. I've had my switch panel installed for quite awhile, but am just now getting to the point where I actually have some stuff to control with it. Hoping to button up the wiring for my winch + in-cab controls tomorrow. I've got a pair of backup lights to hook up to the unit now too. Looking forward to diving into the "hot-wiring" of the panel. lol

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS