First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Hey folks,
Looking for some guidance or help. After about a year I decided I better update my Tazer , long story short with Zautomotive being ZERO help, I updated my Tazer but then I plug it back into the jeep I can’t get the menu to come up or anything whatsoever.....Any help would be appreciated.

F4B59EE0-A30D-4808-A5C9-B83FA65429D7.jpeg
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you mean by no help, Joe normally goes out of his way to help anybody but he’s a small outfit and I’m sure he gets behind sometimes, stupid question but did you unmarry the Tazer before updating and then attempt to marry it back to the JL

OP
OP
ColoJLRubi

ColoJLRubi

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you mean by no help, Joe normally goes out of his way to help anybody but he’s a small outfit and I’m sure he gets behind sometimes, stupid question but did you unmarry the Tazer before updating and then attempt to marry it back to the JL
Didnt unmarried it to my knowledge

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Really surprised to hear this, Joe’s been active on the forum today helping with a query very quickly.

@joe@zauto

OP
OP
ColoJLRubi

ColoJLRubi

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Really surprised to hear this, Joe’s been active on the forum today helping with a query very quickly.

@joe@zauto
I’m not really interested in going into that. I’m just trying to figure out what I need to do to get it working again.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Didnt unmarried it to my knowledge
Are you sure it was set to the audio screen, it has to be there in the EVIC display to show the Tazer menu.

I personally would have unmarried it from my JL before updating, Joe May step in here and correct me but when you update the Tazer to new firmware you are basically overwriting the software and with it still married it may have screwed things up as your JL still has the settings changed from when you had it installed but the Tazer may not know this since it’s new firmware

OP
OP
ColoJLRubi

ColoJLRubi

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure it was set to the audio screen, it has to be there in the EVIC display to show the Tazer menu.

I personally would have unmarried it from my JL before updating, Joe May step in here and correct me but when you update the Tazer to new firmware you are basically overwriting the software and with it still married it may have screwed things up as your JL still has the settings changed from when you had it installed but the Tazer may not know this since it’s new firmware
Ya, it was set to Audio when I’m trying to enter the menu.
What happened was I updated it using an older version of the device utility. Then I realized the website says use the newest version. Had issues getting that installed on my MAC but finally did and then updated the Tazer......Now it doesn’t show when I plug it back into the JL

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Now that Joe is aware of it I’m sure it will get resolved quickly.....

Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, unmarry it... After you update it... plug into Jeep then remarry it and go through the menu to see what version your Jeep says it is 11.1.5. But the bad news is you now have to setup all your things you did. So I printed the instruction and marked the items I wanted to change.

I love my Tazer Mini... works great.

Now if you have Uconnect and seeking updates... it is my understanding the issue of no updates is because of Uconnect not the Tazer.... I wrote on this at https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...your-jeep-data-to-uconnect.39097/#post-925840

Go for it.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
ColoJLRubi
Please email [email protected] and we will get you fixed up.
We try to be very helpful, but a year ago I did all customer service myself and was falling behind...
Now we have Ian who can help with almost anything.
I've had my unit over a year and in Joe defense he had staff (customer service) that was giving bad advise. So it is best to come here for help from real users. Also my coach a year ago was timely and good help, even called me to walk me through setup.
Sponsored