Sponsored

Jeep should have put the aux switches...

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
car: a road vehicle, typically with four wheels, powered by an internal combustion engine and able to carry a small number of people.

I’ve owned Jeeps all my life. I’m rebuilding a CJ right now in my garage. I grew up off-roading.

Sounds like you’ve got buyers remorse. Sell it, it’s just a car.
Thanks for explaining I feel so much smarter now

No buyers remorse at all, disappointed in some design features.

And no, it's not a car it's a JEEP beat it
Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You do realize it is just a switch, right? I mean it is a damn simple fix. If you don't like the location for this particular application, get a new switch and mount it where you want and just run the switch wires to it. It isn't complex at all. You can stick with the rest of the wiring, just re-route the switch

Beartooth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unl Rubicon; 2018 JK Unl Sport; 1976 CJ-7 V8
Thanks for explaining I feel so much smarter now

No buyers remorse at all, disappointed in some design features.

And no, it's not a car it's a JEEP beat it
For you, it’s definitely just a car. Sell it!

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
There are some sensitive souls in this room haha.

Sponsored

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
For you, it’s definitely just a car. Sell it!
Yup...my jl is cool and I hope to experience all I can out of it. My yj, my cj, my cj, my xj, my lj, my jk and my other jk were also all pretty cool vehicles. Every one of them taught me how to drive better off-road, how to build better, hoe to maintain, how to decide on what works and what doesn’t, how to rebuild, how to restore and how to buy.
For most of us old school guys it’s not about measuring sticks though its about points of reference and experiences so remember there are actual life long jeepers here too...all willing to welcome you into the fold as long as you’re not complaining about conveniences and willing to share your experiences.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

....on the dash just left of the touch screen or closer to the driver.

Driving backroads at night and switch on your aux lights, you almost have to stay hunched over with your fingers on the buttons to shut off for any oncoming cars.

Convenient? Yes. Good location(imo)? No

Longer I own this thing the more I get annoyed with all the little "issues". Water that pours in when rains or from melting snow(cant even open window practically), led's in snowy weather, front defroster not being full width, climate control sucks(i.e. 72 too hot but 71 too cold), factory says 35" no prob - not true for spare it rubs like crazy cant be good for hinges or tailgate(marking up rear bumper as well, never mind the annoying noise it makes), rear flares will get destroyed if no step or mud flaps, etc. etc. etc.

I just expected more for the price tag these things carry and with the redesign and all.

"Its a Jeep thing" excuse not cutting it anymore, it's practically 2020 not 1995..I really expected more.
I hear you. But man, you say 1995... peek inside a current 4Runner. I’ve always liked their shape but never actually looked in... my god, you’d think Steve Jobs had just funded Pixar & people were talking about some cool new show called X-files

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I hear you. But man, you say 1995... peek inside a current 4Runner. I’ve always liked their shape but never actually looked in... my god, you’d think Steve Jobs had just funded Pixar & people were talking about some cool new show called X-files
Haha!!

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
....on the dash just left of the touch screen or closer to the driver.

Driving backroads at night and switch on your aux lights, you almost have to stay hunched over with your fingers on the buttons to shut off for any oncoming cars.

Convenient? Yes. Good location(imo)? No

Longer I own this thing the more I get annoyed with all the little "issues". Water that pours in when rains or from melting snow(cant even open window practically), led's in snowy weather, front defroster not being full width, climate control sucks(i.e. 72 too hot but 71 too cold), factory says 35" no prob - not true for spare it rubs like crazy cant be good for hinges or tailgate(marking up rear bumper as well, never mind the annoying noise it makes), rear flares will get destroyed if no step or mud flaps, etc. etc. etc.

I just expected more for the price tag these things carry and with the redesign and all.

"Its a Jeep thing" excuse not cutting it anymore, it's practically 2020 not 1995..I really expected more.
That is why you wire your lights to your brights
63047297.jpg

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
Finished installing my Aux Switches Thursday then went to the dealership Friday to get the system flashed. Not to whine but $130.00 for a 15 minute job: Ouch.
I agree with the location issue. I have the sway bar disconnect on the left and the Aux on the right. The other way around would be a little better...I think. But, these things are a modern day marvel as a previous poster stated.
If you are going to purchase the Aux Switch set, the best price BY FAR is a place called
Brunswick Auto Mart
330-460-7080
http://brunswickautomart.com
[email protected]
$247.00 shipped no tax. I have no relation to these folks.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Finished installing my Aux Switches Thursday then went to the dealership Friday to get the system flashed. Not to whine but $130.00 for a 15 minute job: Ouch.
I agree with the location issue. I have the sway bar disconnect on the left and the Aux on the right. The other way around would be a little better...I think. But, these things are a modern day marvel as a previous poster stated.
If you are going to purchase the Aux Switch set, the best price BY FAR is a place called
Brunswick Auto Mart
330-460-7080
http://brunswickautomart.com
[email protected]
$247.00 shipped no tax. I have no relation to these folks.

This is why I bought a TazerLite, and will be upgrading it to a mini. I’m saving money every time I add a feature or change tire size, or regear when it’s time.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Not really sure how I should reply to that.

You do understand Im not saying i just drive around with all my lights on and just blind everyone right? That would be insane.
Before you have a chance to flip that light bar off, you have already blinded the incoming driver.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Before you have a chance to flip that light bar off, you have already blinded the incoming driver.
No, absolutely not

In the backroads at night you can easily and clearly see the light of headlights approaching from a distance around bends and turns.

Never use if you can see headlights even from a far distance.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Amazon Alexa for car is now here Amazon Alexa Auto
interestingly enough, my buddy is looking into a system where you can voice start your Jeep for his JKU. They don't have them for the JLU Yet, but it works through Amazon Alexa.

Join a club that is a member of the NEA4WD. Don't take about trails in open public forums as most the land of private.
This, right here, is the best advice. My own club is a member of the NEA. Lots of private property, easy stuff all the way up to custom boulder buggy stuff. It's worth it if you're serious about off roading and preserving our trails and our land for the future.

I've had my JLUR for a year (yesterday!), and I've experienced none of the issues people are talking about in this thread, LED package and all, in brutal upstate NY.(north of Albany) winters. Factory LED's light up the road like daytime, especially on high beam. I'm not even using the fogs anymore (working on an install solution for my bumper). I can't imagine needing THAT much more light, especially in the Northeast. Then again, my last 2 vehicles were TJ's, and my build is limited to things that get me farther down the trail or help me recover, so I'm easily impressed I guess. Honestly, outside of maybe a few pod lights on the cowl near the windshield, or maybe a winch interrupt- I'm having a hard time figuring out what to use the aux switches for... I've got my CB wired to the constant power wire in the bundle in the passenger footwell, and my compressor is just a "clamp on the battery" Harbor Freight special because I like being able to move it around from vehicle to vehicle to garage if needed.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Coming from a bunch of JKs, my JL is the epitome of attention to detail and technological advancement.

Perhaps with the exception of the climate control. The one in my JKs worked a LOT better.
Sponsored