Sponsored

Apparently a New TSB came out today for Loose Steering

Woodbridge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Well we have some VERY bad news for FCA. Our 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited was built 8/2019 and has ALL the latest software and the AE steering box and has been to 4 Jeep dealers and ALL 4 dealers have stated that there is nothing that can be done to correct our loose steering, and that "FCA is aware of the problem". The final dealer told us to "safely" take our Jeep home and "park it"!!

We did just that and retained a top legal firm.

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Well we have some VERY bad news for FCA. Our 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited was built 8/2019 and has ALL the latest software and the AE steering box and has been to 4 Jeep dealers and ALL 4 dealers have stated that there is nothing that can be done to correct our loose steering, and that "FCA is aware of the problem". The final dealer told us to "safely" take our Jeep home and "park it"!!

this software just came out like today.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Interesting they are adding a sales code 5SY -- I can't find that one anywhere.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

Maybe there is a possible path here for you.....

have the dealer replace the steering pump (if not replaced already) and then apply the software fix outlined in this TSB.

if the pump was already replaced, this software is supposed to improve steering.

Vezfly

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Is the AE steering box the "steering gear" or the "pump" referenced in the TSB? trying to see if this is applicable to me. Thanks in advance

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Is the AE steering box the "steering gear" or the "pump" referenced in the TSB? trying to see if this is applicable to me. Thanks in advance
Yes, steering gear is the box, with the AE rev being July 2019 onward.

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
For those that have 2020's which come with the AE box, does this TSB not pertain to us?

Sponsored

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
note that the TSB makes no mention of steering gear version, just that it (or pump) was replaced for any reason on an 18 or 19 4-door. It sounds like there was a bug in their computer system that selects the correct version of EHPS software to flash following new steering gear install.

Vezfly

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
This applies to me , had AE installed. I’ll let you know this week if it makes any improvements..... probably not I’m betting. As temperature sensitive this box is , it’s a hardware issue not software. 1/4 inch play when it’s 30f and 20 minutes later 1.5 inches.

sgtlopez79

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited
Hey guys I am new to the Jeep and I am running a Terflex ST2 lift with Falcon 3.3's. I have a Synergy track bar and track/ sector shaft brace on the way for my 19 Rubicon. I haven't had any steering issues or anything recalls on my vin number. Is there anything I have to do with this service bulletin?
Sponsored