Sponsored

Best all around rock sliders that can do it all?

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
I prefer any slider that has Hi-Lift jack points - so the Motobilt version is a good option. Similar to the JCR Off Road version, they require installation of the rocker guards too. So if you're hesitant about drilling into your body, they may not appeal to you.

I also like how the bottoms are a bit "boat side". Seems that would prevent them from getting hung up on obstacles. However, it also might collect mud and rocks. Anyone have a set of these installed that can tell us?

All in all - seems like a good option.

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I was looking for the same things in a slider and went with the JCR classic sliders. They work great and yes I’ve already bashed them on rocks and they held up fine. They require you remove the body mount bolts. I was one of the unlucky people who managed to snap a body mount bolt during the install which was a huge pain. You are planning on installing yourself, take a look at how the sliders install before you buy so you know what you are getting into. I had no idea the body mount bolts breaking have been so common for people installing sliders...

230E785E-7835-4A26-AA1E-4631CCDAA728.jpeg

krucam

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra, 2019 JLR ordered 12/22/2018
Occupation
FAA
I’ll be going with Shrockworks. Frame mount without touching the body bolts. An optional step plate is useful as well. Have had these on my Xterra for 10+ years (without top plate) and the powder coat looks like new and no rust...
https://www.shrockworks.com/JJL-SL-pr-16304.html

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I went through this recently. I ended up with the LoD signature series frame-mounted rock sliders. This is one of the few products I've purchased so far that was both designed and built well, and nobody beats their shipping packaging. I haven't landed on them in the rocks, but I'm comfortable with that they'll be able to take a beating.

Note that they recently had a fire at their facility, so that may affect shipping times.
Another vote for LoD. I also have the signature series rails, and beat on them on rocks using only the bolt on method (they have extra mounting holes that require drilling into the frame if you want extra strength) and they are top notch quality. They do not require removing the body mount bolts. After getting these frame rails, I was impressed and bought the LoD front bumper.
Also, their products are made in the USA.

Sponsored

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
RockSlide Engineering. A little pricey but worth every penny.
Look good. Work even better. And they back their product.
@captnjbk , how do the RSE sliders mount? Do they use the infamous 6 body bolts? Or do they use the other smaller bolts on each side of the body bolts? Same question for their slider skid plates, if you have them.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I submit the Rock Hard Patriot Slider / Steps. I think this brand covers all the bases. Just installed mine today. Pretty happy with the results. Wish I had a better pic. Bumpers to follow. Uses six bolts at the pinch weld, 3 body bolts and 3 tub bolts. Heavy built. TWELVE connecting points = Rock Solid. I like the way it's unitized to spread any load.....and covers that pinch weld. Nice kit. ......and comes with replacement body bolts which can be damaged or stressed by the time you get them out.
rock sliders.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I went with these
RedRock 4x4 Side Armor w/ Step Pads - Textured Black
they were so cheap I thought I try them out for now, I bought them for black Friday for $230 but now they are on sale today for cyber Monday for $193. :(

Screenshot_20191202-091923_Chrome.jpg

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
A somewhat better pic of my Rock Hard Patriot Sliders w/ step. Seems it's aways getting dark by the time I am ready to take a pic. ;) 12 bolts mount these sliders to the frame, tub, and mount at the pinch weld to cover the seam. Niiice. Not sure how you could get a more robust product than these. Want to jack the side of the rig up?.....no problem. Love 'em.

Also put the RH "midi" steel front bumper and SB winch today. Fit like a glove. A VERY HD front bumper.....with great skid plate to protect stuff. I am liking the choices of mods I got to this point. Now on to the rear RH bumper with the swinging tire mount. Might provide a bit more challenge? We shall see.
drivers side.jpg

passenger side.jpg

farrell5000

First Name
Farrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
A somewhat better pic of my Rock Hard Patriot Sliders w/ step. Seems it's aways getting dark by the time I am ready to take a pic. ;) 12 bolts mount these sliders to the frame, tub, and mount at the pinch weld to cover the seam. Niiice. Not sure how you could get a more robust product than these. Want to jack the side of the rig up?.....no problem. Love 'em.

Also put the RH "midi" steel front bumper and SB winch today. Fit like a glove. A VERY HD front bumper.....with great skid plate to protect stuff. I am liking the choices of mods I got to this point. Now on to the rear RH bumper with the swinging tire mount. Might provide a bit more challenge? We shall see.
drivers side.jpg

passenger side.jpg

I think they look nice but I am in the "must be mounted to the frame" camp

Sponsored

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think they look nice but I am in the "must be mounted to the frame" camp
------

^. Not sure I know of any that are more solidly mounted than these. Tell me any others that have better mounts?

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
------

^. Not sure I know of any that are more solidly mounted than these. Tell me any others that have better mounts?
I think most people in this camp don't want something attached to the body mounts and pinch weld.

To be honest I was too but they just look so good. After getting them in the mail today, they are SOLID. Not sure I'll be doing anything extreme enough to damage them, let alone the body.

Rousie13

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU, '19 Honda Pilot Touring, '15 Honda Accord EXL
Another vote for LoD. I also have the signature series rails, and beat on them on rocks using only the bolt on method (they have extra mounting holes that require drilling into the frame if you want extra strength) and they are top notch quality. They do not require removing the body mount bolts. After getting these frame rails, I was impressed and bought the LoD front bumper.
Also, their products are made in the USA.
I'm still debating between the LoD Signature or the ROAM frame mount. I like how the ROAM cover the pinch seam, but concerned with all the rusting complaints even though I hear the e-coated ones are much better as far as that goes.

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ended up going with , RedRock 4x4 Side Armor w/ Step Pads, bought them for black Friday and they dropped on cyber Monday and extreme terrain refunded me the price difference so I paid $208 OTD for them. If I could sell my stock JLUR rock rails for $100, these would only cost me $108 out of my pocket

20191205_165746.jpg

farrell5000

First Name
Farrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I think most people in this camp don't want something attached to the body mounts and pinch weld.

To be honest I was too but they just look so good. After getting them in the mail today, they are SOLID. Not sure I'll be doing anything extreme enough to damage them, let alone the body.

Well, LoD for instance. They mount to the frame and not the body.
Sponsored