Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
Should be able to get this street legal for low speed roads pretty easily. Count me in.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
My friend had an old Landcruiser...the coolest vehicle! My brother had an International Harvestor ! Awesome vehicles! I absolutely loved them!

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
All you Disappointed Diesel Buyers, take note ! Turbo diesel, manual trans, the Retro Look, what's not to love ? Competition ! Like the Oreion Reeper, this has a niche, I'll predict a huge following

Sponsored

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
This is a scaled down version of the Mahindra Thar. The Thar is basically a true CJ. If they offer a street legal Roxor or Thar in the US, I will buy one in a heartbeat! Stripped down, real jeep.

Chrysler is screwing their customers. 4-6k increase in price over the JK with the JL. Now raised it another 500 this week. $1,500 destination charge.... This is more than it costs to deliver a super-duty pick-up! Chrysler needs a competitor and a reality check.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
This is a scaled down version of the Mahindra Thar. The Thar is basically a true CJ. If they offer a street legal Roxor or Thar in the US, I will buy one in a heartbeat! Stripped down, real jeep.

Chrysler is screwing their customers. 4-6k increase in price over the JK with the JL. Now raised it another 500 this week. $1,500 destination charge.... This is more than it costs to deliver a super-duty pick-up! Chrysler needs a competitor and a reality check.
Don’t buy it.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Constantly complaining about pricing = don’t buy it. FCA doesn’t care about what we think about price. You won’t buy it, someone else will. It’s been months since the pricing came out and still complaints about prices.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Constantly complaining about pricing = don’t buy it. FCA doesn’t care about what we think about price. You won’t buy it, someone else will. It’s been months since the pricing came out and still complaints about prices.
And there's plenty to complain about, so that isn't likely to stop.

FCA is truly testing exactly what the market will pay for this vehicle. That helps weed out purists and replace them with profitable city runabout image seekers with deep pockets.

I'm likely buying a JL, and the price is horseshit. It's testing how much I want my dream vehicle, but so far I still do.

Sponsored

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
And there's plenty to complain about, so that isn't likely to stop.

FCA is truly testing exactly what the market will pay for this vehicle. That helps weed out purists and replace them with profitable city runabout image seekers with deep pockets.

I'm likely buying a JL, and the price is horseshit. It's testing how much I want my dream vehicle, but so far I still do.
A modest increase in a technologically advanced and more capable Jeep? Along with inflation and a vehicle that has one of the top resale value? Don’t get me wrong, a price bump is always a b!tch. But when you look at what you’re getting incoming vs outgoing, you can see why they’re bumping it. You’re not going to get a JL for JK money. The JK was ancient.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Looks like you bought a fully loaded JLUR? $50,000+ grand? If that is the way you roll fine. Not everyone rolls that way. I don't. If price point is an attribute that some people are concerned about, especially if it rises to the level they are reconsidering purchase, I got no problem with them discussing it, regardless of what FCA does or does not think. I find it odd when price comes up - some people seem not to want it discussed.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Looks like you bought a fully loaded JLUR? $50,000+ grand? If that is the way you roll fine. Not everyone rolls that way. I don't. If price point is an attribute that some people are concerned about, especially if it rises to the level they are reconsidering purchase, I got no problem with them discussing it, regardless of what FCA does or does not think. I find it odd when price comes up - some people seem not to want it discussed.
There's both Rich People and Love It Or Leave It types around. Generally we do a pretty good job of dismissing "hey guys can we not talk about this" posts here though :)

Hey Jeep, I'll cut you a deal. If you keep the Sport and Sport S priced reasonably, I wouldn't mind you blowing up the Sahara and Rubicon to biblical levels. Those buyers tend to not care about the price anyway. Haha

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
The higher priced JLs are already being reasonably discounted in my area at the higher volumed dealers. I agree the price is high, but the market will always work itself out. I find it hard to believe people are buying 50k JLs by the boatload. Jeep is taking a big risk that most people will buy stripped down versions at a lower cost, but I think they'll have to up the standard content at some point. That, or dealers will just keep discounting.

With all the info on these boards, you should be able to get a fair deal.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have said this before. Buy the one you can afford even though it may not be exactly what you want. You drive it around for 3 years and see if you really do enjoy the Wrangler as it is not for everyone.

Now since these hold such a high resale value you will have equity in it. You then trade it in and put that equity into another model you want and now will be able to afford easier.

Basically this is what I did. I bought a 2015 Sport S. I only got it with standard soft top, running boards, and the connectivity group. After three years my trade in is giving me back the price of what I paid for it three years ago minus $6k. So breaking it down it cost me 166.00 per month over three years. Now I have $10K in equity to put into the new JL. I'll be able to keep my payments the same, get an upgraded model with more options than before, and essentially just extend my payment out 3 additional years.

My plan is to enjoy this JL until they start releasing special edition models and if they release one that I really like and in a color I like, I'll trade in again and grab it.

Now if after three years you decide that this type of vehicle is not for you the great thing is you can trade it in with equity to put towards a different vehicle.
Sponsored