Diesel 3.0 owners Black Friday purchases

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
How do you know the lift kits have springs and shocks sprung and valved for the weight of the 3.0?
I called Tera Flex. The diesel weighs a little over 400 pounds more than the 3.6
Sponsored

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
How do you know the lift kits have springs and shocks sprung and valved for the weight of the 3.0?
Exactly my question. I'm holding off on the lift for now for just this reason. With the extra weight on the front of the diesel, I'd expect normal kits to sag the front end almost an inch compared to the rear. Youd almost need a 3.5" lift up front to match a 2.5" lift in the rear.

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
I called Tera Flex. The diesel weighs a little over 400 pounds more than the 3.6
So Teraflex is giving you different springs/shocks than the normal package?

Crux

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.0D JLUR ordered
FWIW I called Metal Cloak and they're not releasing a 3.0 lift kit until they receive a 3.0 to develop and test one....

Sponsored

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
This was going to be my question as well.

I know companies like metal cloak have spring rates for heavy jeeps (winch, steel bumper, armor, etc) so theoretically, the added weight of the diesel (~450 lbs) would be similar to the loaded weight of a 3.6 or 2.0 (assuming you don’t have added armor on the diesel up front).

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
I’ll let y’all know how it turns out.

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
FWIW I called Metal Cloak and they're not releasing a 3.0 lift kit until they receive a 3.0 to develop and test one....
I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
I’ll let you know how it turns out.
Likewise. Guy i spoke to mirrored my sentiment, but said he would hold off until they were able to do testing.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Most are not at this point. Consider the a AEV DualSport HC setup which is tuned for higher weight vehicles/overlanders.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I asked MC and they said there would be different spring for the extra 450 pounds the diesel will add. Probably 1 additional inch.

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
AEV said the same thing. They’ll need to get a diesel to test before determining if a different spring will be needed. May do their 2” spacer lift which allows me to use the diesel rated stock springs for now.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
AEV said the same thing. They’ll need to get a diesel to test before determining if a different spring will be needed. May do their 2” spacer lift which allows me to use the diesel rated stock springs for now.
LOL...so basically we’re three years out from a diesel-specific AEV suspension tune...assuming there are JLU 3.0s on the road in 2020. I’d be happy with them just releasing the HC springs and 8100 XP shocks so I can tune the setup myself.

Beestmode

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
3.5 inch Metal Cloak Game Changer lift

I was worried about the extra weight up front but hopefully just swapping out the front springs and shocks will fix that if it's an issue. I needed to buy something for my imaginary Jeep to help ease the pain while we wait. And to take advantage of their Black Friday deal. Hopefully I didn't screw myself by not waiting for a 3.0 specific lift but I figured it would be awhile before we get one.
Sponsored