Vermont Rubicon

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So Picked up my 2020 Bright White Rubi on Tuesday. Am very excited first Jeep for me. Live 3 miles up a dirt road in Vermont. Plenty of places right out my back door to have some fun. Looking forward to lots of off-road adventures.

Before the day was over I installed my Westin Side Step / Rock Slider. Then yesterday put the 35's on.

I'm a car/truck nut (now include Jeeps!), I'm an audio nut and a car detailing nut (I know 3 miles up a dirt road - good luck).

Any way happy to discuss any and all of that stuff..

BIG FAT JEEP WAVE TO MY JEEP BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

20191126_145532.jpg

20191127_141956.jpg

20191127_142011.jpg

20191127_144757.jpg
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Congratz!! and welcome to the Forum !!! The good thing about owning a jeep is you never feel quite compelled to keep it clean! (I am also a clean freak) So any amount of fun off road will only add to the amount of enjoyment owning such a capable vehicle and not the anxiety of the need to have showroom clean! I had a 981 boxster before my Rubi and not a day went by without some sort of cleaning...lol that feeling is long gone with the Jeep .....it is def a vehicle that likes playing and getting dirty.
Anyway congratz on the purchase and enjoy!
Oh and Happy Thanks Giving!

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Welcome aboard, nice mods so far. Your Rubi looks great!

I love VT, we go to Waterbury once or twice a year - we were up about two weeks ago. You'll have a lot of fun with your rig in the winter up there!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So have these for sale in the Forum market place.. just an FYI.... thanks

20191127_141455.jpg

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
How much?
all 5 - less than 50 miles on them- wheels / tires (Ko2) and tpms

1600 picked up.
I can drive a bit to meet you - i'd be willing to go 45 minutes in one direction to make it easier. I just think shipping would be very expensive and a giant PITA. those wheels / tires must be 65 lbs a piece. thanks

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So just a few observations after just 1 week of ownership and 500 miles.

I love the look and the ride of the 35's on the Rubicon. As has been stated many times TIRE PRESSURE makes a huge difference. I took a little air out and drove it each day until I finally settled on 34 lbs when cold. They warm up a pound or 2 while driving but ride stays solid and controllable. Does it drive like a sports car - no - but one hand on the wheel cruising at 65 is not a problem. I would also add that quality wheels / tires and balancing make a huge difference. I had a friend buy a set of "knock-off" wheels online and the shop he brought them to mount and balance the new tires said 2 of the 5 tires were "un balance-able". Its a slippery slope. You buy some cheap wheels then some 2nd rate tires and have them balanced at Billy-Bobs service station then you cant figure out why the Jeep drives like shit and you are yelling at the dealer and buying after-market steering stabilizers. Quality / reputable products go a long way in this game.

Anyway - I may or may not do a small 2 inch lift in the spring but my primary interest is beating the Vermont winter while living 3 miles up a dirt road. So far so good - LOVE the BFG K02's. I have them on my pick up as well and they do a great job in the winter. Also not nosy and if rotated properly have good life.

THE DREADED FRONT RAKE. Does not exist on my jeep. You can see by the above pics that not only does my jeep not slope down in the front but when i put a tape measure on it my front fender is 1/2 inch higher at the center then my rear! Hopefully the new warn winch that is coming will fix that ;)

Stereo - 8.4 inch Alpine. Is Not bad. Now I know this could lead to a heated debate but I will say when fed "high quality" recording. HD, Ultra HD, for streaming and at a minimum bit rates of at least 320 kbps for mp3. Garbage in Garbage out.. I may replace a few speakers and add some sound deadening but the systems seems pretty solid for a Jeep Stereo.

anyway - happy to discuss..

be safe..

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
ALSO - price reduction on the WHEELS / TIRES / TPMS / LUGS

$1300 all in. Local pick up or we can work something out with shipping..

Sponsored

Jamin55

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor, Audi Q8, VW Tiguan
$1300 now..
HI, live in VT also. I just took delivery on new 2020 Rubicon. Where are you located. I am running the K02's this winter on mine but want to run dedicated snows next year. Interested in yours let me know.

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
HI, live in VT also. I just took delivery on new 2020 Rubicon. Where are you located. I am running the K02's this winter on mine but want to run dedicated snows next year. Interested in yours let me know.
Hi there - im in Wallingford. Have a local business in Ludlow and Ski and Snowboard both Okemo and Killington. Looks you are in Bridgewater ? And have a Raptor !! (so do I).. what are the chances ?? Even if you dont buy the wheels lets meet up at Long Trail for a beer !!!

Im Mike.

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats & welcome! Love the Icons ... great choice. Can't wait to hear what you do with the audio as I feel the same way - it's not awful, but could use some improvements.