Willys Edition JL Club Thread

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Anyone know what the “mold in color bumper w/gloss black” looks like? Apparently it is a recent standard change only on the base Willys (Sport) edition.

Willys.jpg
Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Anyone know what the “mold in color bumper w/gloss black” looks like? Apparently it is a recent standard change only on the base Willys (Sport) edition.
I have a 2020 Willys. I didn’t even know they had a Sport version.

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon

Willys.jpg
I had a Willys JK and for it the middle plate of the bumper was a gross black plate that just fit over top of the center plastic bumper. So basically the same bumper but the center is glossy black and im assuming a harder plastic or maybe metal piece that bolts over top of it. In fact some people change the color of these to fit the Jeep color.

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
The center between the two hooks is what I’m referring too. So my guess is for the JL it’s the same deal.

682DAA62-7B6F-4D97-9A6C-F29C471E0FD0.png

Sponsored

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
Just been out in light rain yesterday. I take the corners very slowly and accelerate slowly from a stop so it was fine. Haven’t driven through puddles or pouring rain so can’t speak to that just yet. I’m worried the tires will slide around so I’m driving A LOT slower than normal. I figure that’s the best way with these tires! I’ll repost if I get caught out while it’s pouring.
Any additional wet-weather driving experience? Anyone else have experience with these M/T2s?? I'm thinking about getting a set for my Sport S.
Thanks in advance!

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mine just got to the dealer today - looking forward to picking it up as soon as the leather is installed. = )
Resized_20191203_124105.JPG
Resized_20191203_124111.JPG
Beautiful!!

Any additional wet-weather driving experience? Anyone else have experience with these M/T2s?? I'm thinking about getting a set for my Sport S.
Thanks in advance!
I’ve managed to avoid the rain. It’s raining tomorrow and I’ll be driving on the freeway so I’ll let you know if I get caught in a downpour.

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys

Willys.jpg
Upon further investigation, I checked the build guide for the JLU Sahara Altitude. It calls out the same exact bumper (MBU) as the base Willys Sport. If this is so, then the new JL & JLU Willys Sport should have this bumper...

Willys_Sport_Bumper_01.jpg

Willys_Sport_Bumper_02.jpg

Willys_Sport_Bumper_03.jpg

Last edited:

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks in advance!
Drove 20 miles on the freeway in a non stop downpour. Wipers were on highest setting and sometimes still felt like that wasn’t enough. Drove between 35-55 mph. Tires felt like they had a good grip on the road. Didn’t do any hard braking or sharp turns though. From my experience today I’m a lot more comfortable with these mud tires now that I got to test them out on wet roads. Maybe someone else can chime in with their experience.

Sponsored

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
Drove 20 miles on the freeway in a non stop downpour. Wipers were on highest setting and sometimes still felt like that wasn’t enough. Drove between 35-55 mph. Tires felt like they had a good grip on the road. Didn’t do any hard braking or sharp turns though. From my experience today I’m a lot more comfortable with these mud tires now that I got to test them out on wet roads. Maybe someone else can chime in with their experience.
Thank you for taking time to write back! Good to hear your experience is positive so far.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Upon further investigation, I checked the build guide for the JLU Sahara Altitude. It calls out the same exact bumper (MBU) as the base Willys Sport. If this is so, then the new JL & JLU Willys Sport (new base Willys package) should have this bumper...
Willys_Sport_Bumper_02.jpg
Wow am I glad I didn’t get that. It’s super masculine looking :whew:

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)

Willys.jpg

I was concerned after reading this and thought perhaps I screwed up and only bought the "Willy's Package" and not the better "Willy's Sport Package". I checked the build sheet and the regular Willy's package (22W) comes with more than the Willy's Sport Package (22K).

For those of you getting ready to order a Willy's, keep in mind the Willy's Sport may have an upgraded front bumper, but it doesn't have LED lights, AC, leather wrapped steering wheel and I believe it also comes with the basic tires and not mud tires. The Willy's Sport Package cost around $4,000 less than the basic Willy's package.

This sound crazy because we are conditioned to think of "Sport" as being the fancier model, but it looks like the opposite is true in this case.

You can check the build sheets in this forum, just check November 2019 2 door. This is where I got the information. Please let me know if I am wrong, I don't want to mislead anyone who is getting ready to place an order.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was concerned after reading this and thought perhaps I screwed up and only bought the "Willy's Package" and not the better "Willy's Sport Package". I checked the build sheet and the regular Willy's package (22W) comes with more than the Willy's Sport Package (22K).

For those of you getting ready to order a Willy's, keep in mind the Willy's Sport may have an upgraded front bumper, but it doesn't have LED lights, AC, leather wrapped steering wheel and I believe it also comes with the basic tires and not mud tires. The Willy's Sport Package cost around $4,000 less than the basic Willy's package.

This sound crazy because we are conditioned to think of "Sport" as being the fancier model, but it looks like the opposite is true in this case.

You can check the build sheets in this forum, just check November 2019 2 door. This is where I got the information. Please let me know if I am wrong, I don't want to mislead anyone who is getting ready to place an order.
So this must be a new thing? I ordered mine on September 11 of this year and I didn’t even see an option to exclude the LED lights. Thank goodness I got the Willys and not the Willys Sport since I love my mud tires and my standard bumper. I didn’t want the LED lights initially though so if I had the option to leave it out, I would have done so not knowing that would downgrade to the Sport package.

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
So this must be a new thing? I ordered mine on September 11 of this year and I didn’t even see an option to exclude the LED lights. Thank goodness I got the Willys and not the Willys Sport since I love my mud tires and my standard bumper. I didn’t want the LED lights initially though so if I had the option to leave it out, I would have done so not knowing that would downgrade to the Sport package.
Looks like the "Sport" version doesn't include heated mirrors or electric windows either. Sounds like a very stripped down package. Cant figure out why it has the upgraded bumper. This doesn't make any sense.
Sponsored