Sponsored

What other vehicles are you cross shopping? $5-6k increase causing second thoughts on JLU

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Sweet truck. If I had the room in our driveway I would buy a raptor. My wife said if I get the truck we have to sell the 911 turbo or we get the JL and you can keep the car. We can’t have 300k tied up in vehicles. So she nixed that idea so Jeep it is lol
Wowzers!!!! How much room could a lil ole 911 take up anyways.... the raptor eats up a ton of space, especially length wise. I can understand keeping the 911 and a jl.... two very different drives.... two very fun drives!!!!
Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Looked around web a bit today, as I seem to have a few months to wait for a 2 door jl in any event..
Options are pretty limited, zr2, raptor, Tacoma or 4runner look to be about it for close as you can get comps in off roaders.

Does not appear to be anything convertible in any category that I can put dogs and myself in safely. Alot of the sports cars still have zero roll over protection.

4runner with sunroof looks about the closest... it looks a bit hideous in front and kinda too long looking... I dunno

Jetg

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' 911 convertible, 18' Macan PP
Wowzers!!!! How much room could a lil ole 911 take up anyways.... the raptor eats up a ton of space, especially length wise. I can understand keeping the 911 and a jl.... two very different drives.... two very fun drives!!!!
The 911 turbo vert is 2016 and has 4K miles. We just ordered a 18 Macan turbo w/ performance package and she drives it now and was a custom order. Those together are over 285k msrp lol. She doesn’t mind another car in the 50k range for a daily and just drive the 911 on weekends. My plan is to get a daily driver and in say a year or two get the Ferrari/Lamborghini

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
The 911 turbo vert is 2016 and has 4K miles. We just ordered a 18 Macan turbo w/ performance package and she drives it now and was a custom order. Those together are over 285k msrp lol. She doesn’t mind another car in the 50k range for a daily and just drive the 911 on weekends. My plan is to get a daily driver and in say a year or two get the Ferrari/Lamborghini
I've never been a big fan of lambos and fers... too much of an attention getter. I think theres a balance to be achieved between fast performance and staying under the radar, not catching every cops attention. Why have the hp when i have to stress looking over my shoulder for the police all the time. I do like austins.... and they are on my "to do" list. I considered the macan when i got my 18 fpace s... i went w the fpace simply bc i enjoyed the steering/power feel it had... but i never test drove the macan so i have no valid opinions of it. I tend to get impulsive at dealerships... i love car shopping! Ever driven a john cooper mini cooper? If not, i highly suggest you do. Dont laugh. Its a blast... completely different than porshes and muscle cars obviously. Gokart on steroids. (Another impulsive ordered vehicle in my past..) If only i had jay lenos garage!!!! Dreams...

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I doubt it, there is always the sport which will appeal to people that don’t want to spend 40-50k, they have made the vehicle more capable, more refined, while moving it upmarket..if anything, the wrangler is poised to become more coveted. Time will tell, but I see what they are trying to do and I’m happy that they are doing it vs countinuing the status quo, they flogged the JK horse for everything they had, it was time to step up the game.
I agree as well...Ford Explorer runs from 30-60k too...average pickup sold is 50k these days. Yeah, it all stinks. I did need to convince myself as I've never spent over 33k for any vehicle, but I think the price will hold up and the total vehicle cost is more important to me.

Personally I don't think a 50k optioned JL is beat by a 30k "it has everything" import just based on what I've driven. Most of those rush to claim a feature set and they don't really work as well. If you just want to spend less money, go for it and it's great, but the money did go somewhere and it is not just a badge.

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I've never been a big fan of lambos and fers... too much of an attention getter. I think theres a balance to be achieved between fast performance and staying under the radar, not catching every cops attention. Why have the hp when i have to stress looking over my shoulder for the police all the time. I do like austins.... and they are on my "to do" list. I considered the macan when i got my 18 fpace s... i went w the fpace simply bc i enjoyed the steering/power feel it had... but i never test drove the macan so i have no valid opinions of it. I tend to get impulsive at dealerships... i love car shopping! Ever driven a john cooper mini cooper? If not, i highly suggest you do. Dont laugh. Its a blast... completely different than porshes and muscle cars obviously. Gokart on steroids. (Another impulsive ordered vehicle in my past..) If only i had jay lenos garage!!!! Dreams...
If you can get em on track...totally worth it! Cruising the highways...maybe not so much?

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
But wait.... whats a vert??? Pls inform me! I hate not knowing!

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
If you can get em on track...totally worth it! Cruising the highways...maybe not so much?
Track is no fun.... just around and around....

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
this is my cross shopping list, and no this are not like Wrangler but most are 4x4 or all wheel drive and could handle light off-rode with great on road comfort.

2018 Audi Allroad
2018 Audi Q5 and SQ5
2018 GC Overland and High Altitude
2018 Mercedes GLC AMG Coupe
2018 VW Tiguan Rline
2018 VW Atlas Rline

its crazy that i can get a New GLC AMG (60k) for around same price as JLUR (55 with v6, i want Diesel and auto roof so also 60k)
You wouldn’t take any of those comparison vehicles half the places most people take their wranglers. Sounds cliche but it’s a Jeep thing.

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
BA23C259-7C8B-413D-9AAE-D01FC8F3EECC.jpeg
A531392A-C551-4A52-81C4-B2DF0E2712EF.jpeg
A531392A-C551-4A52-81C4-B2DF0E2712EF.jpeg

Convertible
Seriously... i thought "vert" was going to be some elusive less than 100 made type of amazing engine/tranny thing. Lol. Should've known a jeep lover meant convertible porsche.... sweet ride btw (porsche) and i bet the macan gets tons of second looks going down rhe road!!! Most guys go for black but imo white on most sports models shows off the lines and curves of the car. My 17 fpace was white and looked way more bada-- than the 18 in black. White always gets my vote! Just w wondering... what color jl did you 2 decide on?

Jetg

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' 911 convertible, 18' Macan PP
Seriously... i thought "vert" was going to be some elusive less than 100 made type of amazing engine/tranny thing. Lol. Should've known a jeep lover meant convertible porsche.... sweet ride btw (porsche) and i bet the macan gets tons of second looks going down rhe road!!! Most guys go for black but imo white on most sports models shows off the lines and curves of the car. My 17 fpace was white and looked way more bada-- than the 18 in black. White always gets my vote! Just w wondering... what color jl did you 2 decide on?
The Macan was special order and is the Performance Package ie the most powerful Macan you can buy at 440hp. It was suppose to be my car, but the wife now drives to work so just made more sense to let her drive it and I drive the 911. I just don’t want to drive the 911 all the time, so we started looking at Jeep wranglers. The JL we will order will be sting Grey or the Granite, just have not decided just yet. Really wanted to see the Sting Grey first. I will probably be ordering it in the next few weeks.

knower

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildbreath.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
Occupation
VFX Artist / Photographer / Cinematographer
The raptor was on my list as well, it looks great and mean, the only other truck I was considering. The fact is, jeep has removable top and full axles and 4 to 1 crawling ratio in the rubicon. For me one can't beat that, but of course is personal preference :)

G.