Sponsored

Stickers. Inside? Outside? What does it all mean?

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
This may be a silly question, but I'm brand new to the Jeep world and I'm curious about the stickers.

I've noticed that a lot of serious Jeepers (overlanders?) have stickers on their Jeeps. Lots outside by the Jeep emblem, and lots more on the inside ceiling. Why? What are they? Is there a reason some are outside and some are in (like cross country badges, assumingely to show where they're been, vs something else)?

Watching a video last night I noticed one that had the ENTIRE ceiling done (none on the outside), and I couldn't help but think what a waste that would be if they ever had to buy a new Jeep. lol (Do they remove them?? Take a picture?? What's the point of stickers?)

Got some? Show me yours!
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Iā€™ve been into Jeeps for awhile, and my Jeep has zero stickers. I guess I prefer the clean look nowadays. I did hear they add 5 horsepower each though.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Iā€™ve been into Jeeps for awhile, and my Jeep has zero stickers. I guess I prefer the clean look nowadays. I did hear they add 5 horsepower each though.
Thatā€™s a lie!

ā€˜they actually reduce the drag coefficient by 2.6875 terrabars per sq Newton meter.

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
haha But what ARE they (like what kind of stickers)? Where do people get so many? What's the point of them? Is it like a collectors thing? For status? It seems to me that it's much more common with people who do overlanding than it is with city slickers who offroad... Some of these Jeeps have SO. MANY. STICKERS.

I'm just trying to understand it, but I feel like I'm missing something big. LOL

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
haha But what ARE they (like what kind of stickers)? Where do people get so many? What's the point of them? Is it like a collectors thing? For status? It seems to me that it's much more common with people who do overlanding than it is with city slickers who offroad... Some of these Jeeps have SO. MANY. STICKERS.

I'm just trying to understand it, but I feel like I'm missing something big. LOL
Penis size?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Because I like the custom look :like:

IMG_20190423_145033403_HDR.jpg
Looks great! I have my own ā€œnamedā€ sticker going on to the Jeep soon.
But I think the OP is referring to the ā€˜badge of honorā€™ type of stickers.

1BBA7572-4605-42C3-9BB1-45A85F40BF27.jpeg

I know someone who has some sort of a sticker fetish, thatā€™s his Jeep below, not my taste but to each their own:

F30DD377-AC9E-4E36-B580-3DE4478B627D.jpeg

12890FD8-D198-4F3B-853B-DA2F144FD248.jpeg

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I know what youā€™re getting at TrailJoy, Iā€™ve often wondered too. Youā€™re not talking about what Grey Fox posted, but rather when they have a collage of stickers covering the underside of their Freedom panels. Iā€™ve always assumed they were from various national parks, trails, 4x4 clubs, land use groups, etc. To be honest though, Iā€™ve never paid enough attention to get to the bottom of it. Iā€™m with you though about it being a waste if they get rid of the Jeep, but then again I have a whole toolbox drawer full of stickers that I canā€™t seem to commit to sticking anywhere. Iā€™m not getting much enjoyment out of them in there. Iā€™ll probably just plaster the side of my rolling toolbox one of these days, it should still be around as long as I am....

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I know what youā€™re getting at TrailJoy, Iā€™ve often wondered too. Youā€™re not talking about what Grey Fox posted, but rather when they have a collage of stickers covering the underside of their Freedom panels. Iā€™ve always assumed they were from various national parks, trails, 4x4 clubs, land use groups, etc. To be honest though, Iā€™ve never paid enough attention to get to the bottom of it. Iā€™m with you though about it being a waste if they get rid of the Jeep, but then again I have a whole toolbox drawer full of stickers that I canā€™t seem to commit to sticking anywhere. Iā€™m not getting much enjoyment out of them in there. Iā€™ll probably just plaster the side of my rolling toolbox one of these days, it should still be around as long as I am....
Iā€™m with you! I put my stickers on things Iā€™ll own forever but also donā€™t care much about. Example: my Paula Abdul guitar. Cost my dad $50 like nine years ago, he got it on sale, and it actually plays fairly well. So to hide the fact that itā€™s a Paula Abdul guitar, I just put stickers all over it.

ED386989-C4D3-49CD-A480-5381A7E84DA8.jpeg
8ECD3C36-D674-448A-94B1-CAA63A605AD2.jpeg

Also, I throw them on my Hydroflask and Nalgene so I know theyā€™re mine. When I run out of room on these items, theyā€™ll go on my toolbox or tough box.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Looks great! I have my own ā€œnamedā€ sticker going on to the Jeep soon.
But I think the OP is referring to the ā€˜badge of honorā€™ type of stickers.
Oh boy. That's a lot of stickers! I THINK the badge of honor type stickers are like the ones on the outside, but I've seen more like your last photo on the inside of the freedom top, as tonygiotta mentioned.

Yes, but they're obviously _something_. They're not just random stickers (at least the circular ones, and the park ones as well). What are they? Are they just collectables you pick up on your journeys? The parks ones, I quite like.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Oh boy. That's a lot of stickers! I THINK the badge of honor type stickers are like the ones on the outside, but I've seen more like your last photo on the inside of the freedom top, as tonygiotta mentioned.

Yes, but they're obviously _something_. They're not just random stickers (at least the circular ones, and the park ones as well). What are they? Are they just collectables you pick up on your journeys? The parks ones, I quite like.
Yes, as for the stickers on that Jeep I posted, itā€™s just his way of customizing the Jeep, and wanting people to know heā€™s been to a lot of places or to document the journey. Just like how some motorcyclists put them on their helmets.

I guess people put them on the inside to not want to ā€œattract attentionā€ as much as the ones that are put on the outside.

Iā€™m sure for many there are stories behind every sticker. At least, for me, but they go on the kitchen fridge instead.

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Yes, as for the stickers on that Jeep I posted, itā€™s just his way of customizing the Jeep, and wanting people to know heā€™s been to a lot of places or to document the journey. Just like how some motorcyclists put them on their helmets.
To document the journey! And maybe some show thrown in as a bonus? Thanks! (Do you know what those vans mean?)