LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Call Caesar Millan :CWL:
No seriously, time to contact a dog trainer. Many dos issues can be fixed with training.
Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Methinks you should not own dogs. Seriously. Give them to someone who will treat them as pets, not "livestock." What, are you are going to eat them when they become worthless to you? Dude, you really shouldn't own any dogs.
I always have a dog, German shepherds to be precise. And my wife has a Doberman. If you had any idea what it took to develop a breed you would probably faint. Von Stephanitz killed thousands of dogs while developing the GSD and I’m sure all the dogs breeds went through the same development process. Dogs, all dogs, were bred for a purpose and if they’re not performing their job they need to be sterilized or put down. But that’s just my opinion.

And besides PETA kills more animals in a day than any dog 19th century dog breeder could kill in a lifetime.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...4e9af2-c8fa-11e4-bea5-b893e7ac3fb3_story.html

But for the record I take very good care of my dog and she loves me and I love her and we’re a big fat happy family. And she would jump in front of a bullet for me right now if she needed to.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I always have a dog, German shepherds to be precise. And my wife has a Doberman. If you had any idea what it took to develop a breed you would probably faint. Von Stephanitz killed thousands of dogs while developing the GSD and I’m sure all the dogs breeds went through the same development process. Dogs, all dogs, were bred for a purpose and if they’re not performing their job they need to be sterilized or put down. But that’s just my opinion.

And besides PETA kills more animals in a day than any dog 19th century dog breeder could kill in a lifetime.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...4e9af2-c8fa-11e4-bea5-b893e7ac3fb3_story.html

But for the record I take very good care of my dog and she loves me and I love her and we’re a big fat happy family. And she would jump in front of a bullet for me right now if she needed to.
People don’t realize how breeds are developed. It’s called line breeding if it works, in breeding if it doesn’t.
Then a Disney movie will come along and people will breed something just because it’s popular. You breed a stupid dog to a stupid dog, you get a stupid dog.
Breeding should be for certain traits, not appearances.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
I’ve had good luck with cardboard, the tougher the better, especially when dogs are young and teething. To let them know that cardboard is “theirs”, put a treat in a cardboard box and tape it up, then give it to the dogs. Praise them when they rip apart the box and find the treat, then repeat the exercise. They’ll soon realize that cardboard is for them. You’ll have to clean up the cardboard pieces, but a whole lot better than replacing Jeep parts (or shoes for inside dogs).

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I have a Husky/Shepherd mix. I found it, as a stray, and a couple months old. It is now about 3 years old. It is the most hyper dog I have ever owned. I have found that the Squirrels, Birds, Possums, Raccoons, and other critters, that wander into the back yard, keep it pretty entertained. But, when critter entertainment is low, I just fill up a couple of bird feeders, with sunflower seeds mix, and this draws in the entertainment for it, for a week or so. I also get large rubber squeaky toys, that she can tear up, if really bored. I rotate them, so she doesnt get bored, all at once. Her favorite toys are my old tee shirts, that I put a knot in. Weeks of fun. She is so hype she will chase and catch sparrows, finches, and hummingbirds, in mid air. She even catches honey bees, when the Orange and lemon trees are blooming. Goofy dog doesnt mind getting stung in the mouth. I once counted at least 5 times, in under an hour. Goofy dog.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Don't get me started on the whole pure bred thing. Inbreeding to create a "superior" animal is a joke at best.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Don't get me started on the whole pure bred thing. Inbreeding to create a "superior" animal is a joke at best.
I disagree. Mutts can’t point a bird or fetch a duck like a German short hair or Labrador can. They can’t herd sheep like a border collie or her vermin like a terrier. That’s breeding.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I disagree. Mutts can’t point a bird or fetch a duck like a German short hair or Labrador can. They can’t herd sheep like a border collie or her vermin like a terrier. That’s breeding.
We could go on for days about this. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I don't know, I asked Google puppy and it delivered Husky Jack.
If that is fully grown, I want one. But, it looks cute to be fully grown.