Sponsored

So what's the scoop? Have the Uconnect issues been resolved yet?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I've had a couple small glitches but overall been pretty awesome. Backup camera didn't work but turning off and on fixed, and my phone disconnected one day randomly.
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
No issue here yet.

DSC00999.JPG
When people refer to the Off Road Pages I believe they are talking about the pages being available in the 8.4 screen package. I don't believe there was ever an issue with the 7 inch cluster screen between the gauges from what I have read.

Hughesonthenet

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director
A couple of weeks ago I was reading about all sorts of issues with the Uconnect system. Something about the system crashing and people weren't able to use Uconnect to do anything including using heat and cooling controls as well as the rear camera. It sounded like it was going completely haywire...
I don't have my JL, but I closely followed the firestorm on Twitter. Here's the scoop: A bunch of users with Uconnect units were plagued by neverending reboots. After a few days, they announced that the issue wasn't a Uconnect problem. They said that the reboot issue was related to SiriusXM Travel Link services. They sent out an update to temporarily suspend the Travel Link feature in order to stop the reboot. From that point forward, Uconnect stopped taking calls on the issue and referred everyone to Sirius. I stopped paying attention after that so I'm unaware if they (Sirius) corrected the problem and turned Travel Link back on.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Only problem I've had is the fact that it forgets what song it is playing on the usb when I turn it off overnight. The next time I fire up it ALWAYS goes back to song #11. I reported it to jeepcares and they said to let them know if I take it to the dealer. Not gonna bother with that for now. Very minor inconvenience. Don't want to leave it overnight with them for this issue.
I have a feeling that's just the way it is. I've noticed that too when connected to Ipod. If I leave it plugged in it will reset and play the first song listed (depending on how I have sorting set, either by Artist or album etc) not where I left off. Which makes sense because I've the Ipod turns off, it's not going to remember where I was. Right? I think I just confused myself...

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
Not involved with the U-Connect issue mentioned here, but does anyone else hate how small the Apple CarPlay screen compared to the other native screens? There’s a 1/2 inch border of nothing on both left and right side and the bottom. Very annoying. Makes all the CarPlay icons tiny, and the phone & iMessage notices are hard to read. Every car I’ve driven with CarPlay the CarPlay screen used the entire display screen, no borders. From my wife’s Santa Fe to Jeep’s own Renagade.
Android people, do y’all have the same shrunken screen with wasted borders?

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I have a feeling that's just the way it is. I've noticed that too when connected to Ipod. If I leave it plugged in it will reset and play the first song listed (depending on how I have sorting set, either by Artist or album etc) not where I left off. Which makes sense because I've the Ipod turns off, it's not going to remember where I was. Right? I think I just confused myself...
My Vette always remembers where I was no matter how long it's off. And WHY does mine pick song number 11? If it was number 1 I might think it was "normal".

jtp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S unlimited
What are off rode pages, are they trail maps around the country?

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
What are off rode pages, are they trail maps around the country?
It's a screen on the uconnect and cluster display that visually shows the current pitch and roll of the Jeep. I believe it's Rubicon only.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
It's a screen on the uconnect and cluster display that visually shows the current pitch and roll of the Jeep. I believe it's Rubicon only.
The off road pages show all the screens that you can cycle through on the cluster screen all on the same screen on the 8.4 (We'll in theory anyway)
Screenshot_20180125-204839.jpg

jasumitchell

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Not involved with the U-Connect issue mentioned here, but does anyone else hate how small the Apple CarPlay screen compared to the other native screens? There’s a 1/2 inch border of nothing on both left and right side and the bottom. Very annoying. Makes all the CarPlay icons tiny, and the phone & iMessage notices are hard to read. Every car I’ve driven with CarPlay the CarPlay screen used the entire display screen, no borders. From my wife’s Santa Fe to Jeep’s own Renagade.
Android people, do y’all have the same shrunken screen with wasted borders?
I noticed the same thing. I was able to test my S8+ with Android Auto and it takes up the entire screen. Maybe a software upgrade in the future!?!

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
I've also had a couple of backup camera glitches. Once I got a blue screen (of death) and another time it wouldn't work at all. Both times a "reboot" fixed the issue.

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
I’m still having issues with mine. I’ve had my Jeep three weeks and I’ve had issues for three weeks with uconnect. They keep saying there will be an update but it never comes. I think I’ll buy a new head unit so I don’t have to deal with all the crap of listening to lies from Jeep “customer service “.

Reactions: JBS

Jcaron9gt4

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WRX | 2018 JLU Sport S 6 Speed
I'm not sure if this is a Uconnect issue or not, but the last 2 days, my FM signal and reception is incredibly bad. I will hit scan and it will cycle through the entire FM band without landing on a station. If I select a preset, it's a very muffled, muted broadcast. Then out of no where, all stations will return to the clear reception. It's not a matter of coverage area, as it's the same areas I've gotten reception in the jeep before plenty clear enough. Stock antenna (not loose at all). Anyone else had this happen?
Sponsored