Trying again...lowering headlights on Sport S

toddbrosen

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport
Posting again being I didn't get any replies. Hoping someone could help. I have a 2020 Sport S without the LED Package. I see youtube videos on people turning a screw under the hood behind the headlights to lower the headlights either after a lift or putting in led's. So I put in led's for my headlights and I'm often getting flashed. I would like to lower them, but I cannot find the screws. Are those screws shown on youtube videos just if you have the LED package? If so, I would I lower without those screws? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
I happened to switch mine out over the weekend, so they were handy for a quick picture. I have a 2020 JL Sport S without the LED package. This should be the adjustment screw.

IMG_0087.jpeg

IMG_0088.jpeg

OP
OP

toddbrosen

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport
First...thank you!!! Glad it's not in the same place as the others...I thought I was going crazy! I will look on the back of the headlight assembly. Thank you!!!

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
No problem.

That should be a top screw that you can use either a hex key or a phillips screwdriver to turn without needing to reach around to the back. I *think* I oriented it top up there.

OP
OP

toddbrosen

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport
No problem.

That should be a top screw that you can use either a hex key or a phillips screwdriver to turn without needing to reach around to the back. I *think* I oriented it top up there.
Mine doesn't it have it. I just took out the headlight and I don't have it. Urghhh,

Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Send a picture? We might be able to point something out.

OP
OP

toddbrosen

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport
I happened to switch mine out over the weekend, so they were handy for a quick picture. I have a 2020 JL Sport S without the LED package. This should be the adjustment screw.

IMG_0087.jpeg

IMG_0088.jpeg
Ok...so I found this on the stock halogen light. Which means unlike the others with the LED package...this is attached directly on the light where the others aren't. My new lights don't have this piece.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
That's weird. Like I said, that's a picture from a 2020 Sport S without the LED package. I don't use those lights; I am sure we could figure out something if you're interested.

OP
OP

toddbrosen

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport
That's weird. Like I said, that's a picture from a 2020 Sport S without the LED package. I don't use those lights; I am sure we could figure out something if you're interested.
Yeah I do have those on my stock lights too... But not on the new led ones! And yeah definitely interested to any ideas you may have. That's amazing. Thank you! As it is i can't use them cause I'm just blinding to many people. Would love any suggestions!

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
I might've been misunderstanding. I thought you were saying you put in LED bulbs into your stock halogen housings. Or did you replace the entire housing? Post a pic of what you have, and we might be able to figure out where the adjustment is. Sometimes they're hidden, like Oracle Oculus is behind a small rubber covering on the back.

Sponsored

OP
OP

toddbrosen

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport
I might've been misunderstanding. I thought you were saying you put in LED bulbs into your stock halogen housings. Or did you replace the entire housing? Post a pic of what you have, and we might be able to figure out where the adjustment is. Sometimes they're hidden, like Oracle Oculus is behind a small rubber covering on the back.
Hey thanks again for your help! I did replace the entire housing and found out from the dealer and the maker of the lights that the only way to lower them is by using washers on the top two screws of the housing to help point them down. It seemed to have worked.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Glad that was figured out. Thanks for the update.
Sponsored