Sponsored

Cup holders (for the DOOR)

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
HELP! I didn't think this through. LOL I've been googling and searching the forum and haven't found a lot of options, so please forgive me if this topic has been done before (I haven't been able to find it). I need help finding a suitable fix for a JLUS with leather (which does NOT have the strap system behind the seats).

I carry a fairly large water bottle with me wherever I go (either 24 oz or a full 32). The 32 oz I'm fairly certain will not fit in the centre drink holders (that's fine. I'll adjust). I also have a husband and kids who also sometimes carry water with them, and I will also sometimes stop for coffee (or two if my husband is with me).

My current ride (Jeep will be here in about two weeks) has two cupholders in the middle (as the Jeep), one on EACH door, and two on the floor beside the middle console (four in the front and four in the back - that's EIGHT cup holders). Often most of these are in use. The MOST commonly used ones are the two in the front and AT LEAST one on the front door.

I don't mind drilling holes in the door to install one there, but I would rather not "install" anything if it can be avoided. For the back seat, I would rather it be removable (for now).

What are my options? And does a door mod exist? Somewhere?
Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
HELP! I didn't think this through. LOL I've been googling and searching the forum and haven't found a lot of options, so please forgive me if this topic has been done before (I haven't been able to find it). I need help finding a suitable fix for a JLUS with leather (which does NOT have the strap system behind the seats).

I carry a fairly large water bottle with me wherever I go (either 24 oz or a full 32). The 32 oz I'm fairly certain will not fit in the centre drink holders (that's fine. I'll adjust). I also have a husband and kids who also sometimes carry water with them, and I will also sometimes stop for coffee (or two if my husband is with me).

My current ride (Jeep will be here in about two weeks) has two cupholders in the middle (as the Jeep), one on EACH door, and two on the floor beside the middle console (four in the front and four in the back - that's EIGHT cup holders). Often most of these are in use. The MOST commonly used ones are the two in the front and AT LEAST one on the front door.

I don't mind drilling holes in the door to install one there, but I would rather not "install" anything if it can be avoided. For the back seat, I would rather it be removable (for now).

What are my options? And does a door mod exist? Somewhere?
cup holder door mount

https://www.wish.com/product/5c4020...MI7ufQ07iN5gIV2v_jBx0PmAvqEAQYBSABEgJzPPD_BwE

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I'll have to think about this one.

In the meantime my fair lady you have sold your Wrangler short! ;)

Beers can easily be hung from the door hinge and open tailgate!!!

Wait, you don't actually run with your doors ON, do you? ;)

1715-1000x1000w.png

44fe7914-385e-46ef-960a-455c6846548b-jpeg.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Wait, you don't actually run with your doors ON, do you? ;)
LOL I'm so mad about this. In BC, you CAN'T run with them off!!! You'll get ticketed, even with a rail guard. Everywhere else in Canada you can, but in BC, NOOOOOOOOOO. Original doors required.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
LOL I'm so mad about this. In BC, you CAN'T run with them off!!! You'll get ticketed, even with a rail guard. Everywhere else in Canada you can, but in BC, NOOOOOOOOOO. Original doors required.
A while back I thought of some Wrangler gear and was searching for a need/market for it--opposite to how things usually work.

Enter the hitch mounted door holders. "Cross the border into Washington State, US, take the doors of and place them on this carrier and party on," he suggests, admitting no knowledge of Washington State specific laws for doors off driving when on public roads.;)

Your Urologist must be very happy with the amount of fluids you and your husband kids take in.

IMG_0491.jpg

I've linked a good roof rack. You're on your own finding the keg, plumbing into the car and someone to lift it (keg and rack.) Snaking tube through an opened floor drain plug may be easiest. ;)

https://www.gobiracks.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxKDh8MGN5gIVoINaBR1NMAlLEAAYASAAEgKBSPD_BwE

Last edited:
OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
You've got this option too...
$40! That's pricey! Thank you. If this is my last resort then so be it, but I'm hoping to find something for the door itself (like near the floor - not a clip on) and something for the back seat floor.

Enter the hitch mounted door holders. "Cross the border into Washington State, US, take the doors of and place them on this carrier and party on," he suggests, admitting no knowledge of Washington State specific laws for doors off driving when on public roads.;)
Get out, really? That's kind of great! I can drive 4 hours into Alberta and take the doors off, but where would I put them?? ON THE HITCH! That's where. lol Awesome. (If they don't get all scratched up, anyway.)

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
...and something for the back seat floor.
You have a Sahara, but do you have leather seats? Wranglers with cloth seats get 2 holders behind the centre console, but with leather they are in the rear centre armrest. Many have swapped the low back tray for a full cup holder, but then your rear seats may not fold down completely flat...

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
You have a Sahara, but do you have leather seats? Wranglers with cloth seats get 2 holders behind the centre console, but with leather they are in the rear centre armrest. Many have swapped the low back tray for a full cup holder, but then your rear seats may not fold down completely flat...
Yes to leather. I've seen this. I don't mind that it doesn't fold flat IF I can easily remove the headrest (can someone confirm this?), but the install seems... complicated. But how do I order the part? I'm in Canada, and everywhere I've looked online is from the states (not to mention I don't have a clue what I'm looking for). Maybe I can get it through my dealership? My guy is off today, but I will ask tomorrow.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
You order it here: https://www.moparpartscanada.ca/oem-parts/mopar-rear-console-6km06tx7ab/

Or from you dealer, P/N 6KM06TX7AB

Yes, the rear centre headrest should come off easily. An old thread about it here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-non-rubicon-cupholder.9882/
The shipping costs the same as the part! Wow. Thanks though! I'll ask my dealership if they can order it in to save on shipping (maybe they can throw it on a bulk order?) You never know!

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 1.34.47 PM.png
Sponsored