Sponsored

New Mopar Steel Bumper for JL / JLU Released

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Still butt ugly.
Is it still just as thin as the other JL steel bumper? If you touch that thing/rock on a tree it's getting bent...my LoD can push a tree over and not care.
Jeez guys, Benny at Mopar started this thread to inform the forum about this new product. He didn't ask you for your opinions or if you think it's ugly, thin or over-priced.

Just because you are on social media doesn't mean it's good form to regurgitate your opinions all over the place

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Samā€™s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Jeez guys, Benny at Mopar started this thread to inform the forum about this new product. He didn't ask you for your opinions or if you think it's ugly, thin or over-priced.

Just because you are on social media doesn't mean it's good form to regurgitate your opinions all over the place
So Iā€™m in the other camp - I think it looks okay maybe and havenā€™t used this space to spew an opinion - and I even said thank you to Benny (!).

Even so - I disagree with you. This space is exactly for that. Vendors (even the big boy Mopar) take the risk of this dialogue in hopes that theyā€™ll win fans and land some wins...And they accept that theyā€™ll not always get the reaction they hoped.

And as much as we like Benny, Mopar is not the little guy. I think boards like this are more forgiving of the small shops trying to bring quality to market. But boards like this also reasonably except LOTS from the OEM / Mopar in this case. They have invested heavily and chose Jeep / Mopar instead of other good options. Thereā€™s the sense that something is owed - highest quality, reliability, low margin of error. Itā€™s kind of the price you pay by being the big boy vs the little guy. It matters that everyone in this forum has spent more than 40k with Jeep. Something is indeed owed by Mopar, and consumers have a right to voice an opinion to Mopar. To Mopar more than any other, IMHO.

Social Media is the space for spewing opinions, and it can be an ugly space indeed. But companies like mopar realize that they have to be in the space - connect with people, get real feedback, have real conversation - even when itā€™s a swing and a miss. They learn important things in exchange. For instance, itā€™s likely important for Mopar to gauge that reactions in this fan forum arenā€™t positive to the new bumper. The reaction might be summed as - Crush cans viewed as ugly, price viewed as too high, Jeep snobs (myself included) prefer other options. Sales of course will be a more meaningful indicator of what the masses truly think. Even so, these are probably good insights for Mopar, and in a perfect world these inputs inform how other products are brought to market.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that's YOUR opinion...
Oh, you're a get-the-last-word-in guy :facepalm:

I'll repeat my suggestion since you may not have understood it: I suggested folks tone down trashing the Mopar product that Benny posted on the thread he started.

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Oh, you're a get-the-last-word-in guy :facepalm:

I'll repeat my suggestion since you may not have understood it: I suggested folks tone down trashing the Mopar product that Benny posted on the thread he started.
Understood your suggestion perfectly clear, but this never had anything to do with Benny. I'm sure he's a good dude. In fact, perhaps I'll keep him in mind when buying MOPAR products. I won't however be purchasing the new MOPAR bumper because it's expensive, but primarily because is hella fugly. But hey, that's not Benny's fault everyone, just to be perfectly clear. Benny did not design it guys, and is not responsible for pricing it. Nobody better fack with Benny guys....
Nobody...

Done with this thread.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understood your suggestion perfectly clear, but this never had anything to do with Benny. I'm sure he's a good dude. In fact, perhaps I'll keep him in mind when buying MOPAR products. I won't however be purchasing the new MOPAR bumper because it's expensive, but primarily because is hella fugly. But hey, that's not Benny's fault everyone, just to be perfectly clear. Benny did not design it guys, and is not responsible for pricing it. Nobody better fack with Benny guys....
Nobody...

Done with this thread.
Good for you - you got yet another last word in and you pretend youā€™re ā€œdone with this threadā€ while you dump on, not Benny, but the product he started this thread about.

Benny and this thread didnā€™t need your opinion but you shared it with us multiple times. You won the Internet today :no:

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good for you - you got yet another last word in and you pretend youā€™re ā€œdone with this threadā€ while you dump on, not Benny, but the product he started this thread about.

Benny and this thread didnā€™t need your opinion but you shared it with us multiple times. You won the Internet today :no:
why does anyone have to ā€œwinā€œ? If we have an opinion, we have the freedom to express it, thatā€™s what I love about America. Even when people are stupid they can still express their opinion.

either way, the bumper is overpriced, Iā€™m sure Benny is a great guy, Mopar typically makes Reasonably good products that are sometimes way overpriced.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
why does anyone have to ā€œwinā€œ? If we have an opinion, we have the freedom to express it, thatā€™s what I love about America. Even when people are stupid they can still express their opinion.

either way, the bumper is overpriced, Iā€™m sure Benny is a great guy, Mopar typically makes Reasonably good products that are sometimes way overpriced.
Theoretically one can express an opinion any time about anything but if you're a respectful person you don't criticize someone's product or post or crap in their thread. It's a shame you need to have this explained to you. Do you run a business? Does your business depend on posts like Benny's does?

And Benny already said they'll discount it so you donā€™t know if itā€™s overpriced. Tell me what thread you started so I can threadcrap in it

Last edited:

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Theoretically one can express an opinion any time about anything but if you're a respectful person you don't criticize someone's product or post or crap in their thread. It's a shame you need to have this explained to you. Do you run a business? Does your business depend on posts like Benny's does?

And Benny already said they'll discount it so you donā€™t know if itā€™s overpriced. Tell me what thread you started so I can threadcrap in it
stating facts is not criticizing, I have run more than one business and we depend on honest feedback from customers. Benny does not own Mopar, so your analogy makes no sense...

Sponsored

Trek54

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Rubicon
Mopar unveiled a new style JL and JT front Steel Bumper, More details to follow on our site as we are currently adding it but here is what we have thus far.

The new Mopar Off-road Front Bumper is wide enough to provide fender protection but is narrower than stock bumper. The heavy duty design is rigorously tested for performance, durability, and corrosion. Bumper is steel e-coated and black powder coated with D-rings for extra towing capability. Bumper is fully compatible with Jeep Performance Parts Rubicon Winch and maintains vehicle compliance.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Mopar Steel Bumper for JL / JLU Released duty_calls

MSRP is $1275.00

Please let us know if you have any questions in the meantime

Thanks,
Benny
Just doesnt look like its got enough bolts to mount your accessories. Like even a bull bar?

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just doesnt look like its got enough bolts to mount your accessories. Like even a bull bar?
Hi,
We updated the first post with the following product and install links. The bumper does support Mopars winch guard bar which can also be used as a mounting point for additional lighting.

Product Link - https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215691ad.html
Install Link - https://www.allmoparparts.com/docs/82215691AD.pdf

Here's also a better photo I found online
Jeep Wrangler JL New Mopar Steel Bumper for JL / JLU Released 1680825394287

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
Sponsored