Sponsored

No CD player so there HAS To be an internal HD to Store Music Files

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I have an Ipod Classic 160 gig. with 500 + fill albums all organized with album art. (too many tracks to expect a USB stick to make finding anything easy, who knows how it works be organized) I'm OCD with my music! Anyway when the Ipod is connected via USB, the interface is awesome on the touch screen. I can browse, scroll by artist and album. It's really good and sounds awesome. If you use aux jack, like most systems you are constantly fiddling with input volume, regardless of the gain setting in the JL audio menu in U,-Connect. Classic.
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The hard drive on the old RER/RHR units for the JK eventually became a gimmick, but they were originally there because the very early models couldn't play off USB. They did change that with updates and later with the introduction of the RHR, but copying files to the hard drive resulted in losing any kind of file organization because it didn't retain folder hierarchies.

Even worse were the voice commands. They were practically useless because you couldn't call up song names, artists, or albums. You had to say "Play Track Four" and even that was limited because if you shuffled songs, you had no idea what track four was. On top of that, you couldn't say "Play Track 256" because it only worked up to 255.

Man, those units were just awful. And Jeep is still charging damn near $2,000 for them on the JK.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
At $1295 or $1495 whatever you paid. This system is a steal! (my dealer honored the @order price).

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I just got done hooking up a fax machine in mine. I ran it through the flux capacitor on Auxiliary bank #3.

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I don't want a thumb drive sticking out of my media hub. Is that weird? Because now that I write it down it kind of sounds weird.
Not wierd at all. Ill try a small form factor usb first (have a couple of the ones pictured above) and hope it fits in the dash with the media door cover shut. If not will use the center console. I dont want to connect my phone each time I get in and am not going to stream from mymphone and dintnhave my whole library on it anyway.

But I dont like cords laying out and dont see why theres a usb slot on the dash anyway...

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I did literally spend months transferring all my CDs to digital. That was about 15 years ago so things were probably slower.
Funny how apple and satellite got kids used to junky compressed garbage and they think CDs are old technology! I did the same with mh CDs and minimized any comoression. I cringe hearing satellite and itunes junk that is comoressed to heck. The difference is even more noticeanle on a good audio system which Im hoping the JL upgraded system is!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Not sure if you read my sound system write up, but I pretty had to buy a new Ipod touch. Because the old classic 160gb wasn't getting along with the UConnect. So I plug the touch in via usb. Over 500 albums, 8500 tracks all albums with picture art and it works awesome and sounds great. Most songs are as high quality the trick was to turn off "sound check" on the Ipod. No complaints. I've read some people that have said the upgrade system is not loud, sub is muddy etc. I got news did them, their system ain't right because my shit is loud and clear and the sub hits hard. No I haven't checked the sub box to see if they're is any dead space, if so, I'll pack it with pollyfill. But the system is nice. I get in my Wife's 2016 GC and it's sounds horrible!

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
@Dynomite1371 ... What is the largest USB thumbdrive that you have used with the JLU's Infotainment Center?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
@Dynomite1371 ... What is the largest USB thumbdrive that you have used with the JLU's Infotainment Center?
I haven't tried one yet, keep meaning to, but I've heard 32 gb might be the max.... . I would think 64gb would be the max, but who knows. I'll give it a whirl and get back here to post.

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I haven't tried one yet, keep meaning to, but I've heard 32 gb might be the max.... . I would think 64gb would be the max, but who knows. I'll give it a whirl and get back here to post.
Thanks! There are a few here that are wanting to know this info.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
I just got done hooking up a fax machine in mine. I ran it through the flux capacitor on Auxiliary bank #3.
I did the same ...AND it looks great next to my George Foreman Grill !!!
Sponsored