LED fog lights for steel OEM bumper vs plastic OEM bumper

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
is there a difference between the LED fog lights for the factory steel bumper vs the factory plastic bumper or is it just a mounting bracket? I am thinking of getting the Smittybilt xrc front bumper and read somewhere that the LED fog lights from a steel bumper don’t fit but the ones from a plastic bumper do. Just curious what the difference is. I don’t want to get new LED fog lights if I don’t have too.
Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
is there a difference between the LED fog lights for the factory steel bumper vs the factory plastic bumper or is it just a mounting bracket? I am thinking of getting the Smittybilt xrc front bumper and read somewhere that the LED fog lights from a steel bumper don’t fit but the ones from a plastic bumper do. Just curious what the difference is. I don’t want to get new LED fog lights if I don’t have too.
Yep, they are different. Simple search provides all the info you need. Steel bumper uses a 2 point mount and the plastic bumper uses a 4 point mount. You can adapt the plastic bumper fogs to a steel bumper with a bracket, but not the other way around.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yep, they are different. Simple search provides all the info you need. Steel bumper uses a 2 point mount and the plastic bumper uses a 4 point mount. You can adapt the plastic bumper fogs to a steel bumper with a bracket, but not the other way around.
That sucks, I was hoping I could just get led mounts from a plastic factory bumper

mrphillips

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
That sucks, I was hoping I could just get led mounts from a plastic factory bumper
I got lucky when I bought my Smittybilt xrc , I had the steel bumper and sold it to a guy with a plastic bumper and we just swapped led lights..
Sponsored