Pricing/deals on sky one touch

dezeinstein

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi TTRS, 2020 JLUR Sahara Altitude
My wife is looking to buy a Sahara with the sky one touch roof. Local dealer here in Los Angeles has many of them in stock, but insists they are ‘rare’ and is only offering them for MSRP, saying other dealers are marking up over sticker. Is this everyone’s experience at this time? MSRP when they have 17 in stock doesn’t seem like a good price to me.
Sponsored

sticker500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
My wife is looking to buy a Sahara with the sky one touch roof. Local dealer here in Los Angeles has many of them in stock, but insists they are ‘rare’ and is only offering them for MSRP, saying other dealers are marking up over sticker. Is this everyone’s experience at this time? MSRP when they have 17 in stock doesn’t seem like a good price to me.
I need to park my Jeep outside the dealer lot and see what I can get for my 2019 JLUR with sky touch! MSRP no way!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

dezeinstein

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should be fairly easy to buy at 10% below msrp. I got 12.5%. I don't see too many reports of better, but there are some.
That’s what I was thinking as well. I’m reaching out to other dealers in Southern California, most of which don’t have the best reputation for good deals and being straightforward.

The funniest thing is this dealer has 17 in stock with the sky one touch roof, but claims they’re rare. Won’t budge on msrp and we were ready to buy today.

Sponsored

Rolling Ragu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That’s what I was thinking as well. I’m reaching out to other dealers in Southern California, most of which don’t have the best reputation for good deals and being straightforward.

The funniest thing is this dealer has 17 in stock with the sky one touch roof, but claims they’re rare. Won’t budge on msrp and we were ready to buy today.
Try getting an email quote from one of the well known dealers that give these sorts of discounts. Take that quote to your local dealerships and see what happens.

MrBell

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for JL
I easily negotiated $10K off of my Sky One Touch Sahara. Deals are out there... you just have to find a dealer who's sitting on a large inventory.

OP
OP

dezeinstein

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I easily negotiated $10K off of my Sky One Touch Sahara. Deals are out there... you just have to find a dealer who's sitting on a large inventory.
Wow. That’s pretty amazing.
I’ve always been a pretty good negotiator on cars, having grown up with my dad in the business for 40+ years.
But I can’t get a Southern California dealer to take even $1000 off a sky one touch.
Maybe it’s time to look out of state and plan a road trip home.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I’ve always been a pretty good negotiator on cars, having grown up with my dad in the business for 40+ years.
But I can’t get a Southern California dealer to take even $1000 off a sky one touch.
Why don't you just order one built the way you want? There is a dealership down in CA that is giving everyone 5% below invoice on sold orders. IIRC it is 3% below FWP standard and add another 2% on top of that with the tread lightly membership.

Depending on your MSRP price, 5% below FWP/invoice should get you to at least 10% below MSRP, probably more like 11%.

OP
OP

dezeinstein

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why don't you just order one built the way you want? There is a dealership down in CA that is giving everyone 5% below invoice on sold orders. IIRC it is 3% below FWP standard and add another 2% on top of that with the tread lightly membership.

Depending on your MSRP price, 5% below FWP/invoice should get you to at least 10% below MSRP, probably more like 11%.
That sounds like a good plan, depending on how long it takes to get the car. Wife’s current lease is done mid-January. If we join tread lightly, I think we can’t order for 30 days.
What dealer in CA is doing that discount? Is it Courtesy in San Juan Capistrano?

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
When I was looking in Orange County they all sucked. No one would deal. I ended up taking my business to Marsh in Las Vegas, ordered what I wanted and paid 6% below invoice or about 10% below MSRP. Problem in SoCal people have more money than sense and will just pay those stupid prices because most don’t know any better. They don’t have to deal and they will sell them.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Laughable! A lot full of them and they are "rare". I guess these bozos are capturing the market and doing you a favor by charging list price!
Locally here they have a hard sell for the $4I option. They sit on the lot while the hard tops move.

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara with Power Top
I didn't realize I had a "rare" Jeep ;) I got 7% below invoice on a 2020 and the dealership couldn't have cared less what I ordered. Basically the sky roof is just another option and they will make as many or as little as they sell.

BTW - I'm sooo glad I got the Sky roof. Use it ALL the time and even open it a small bit if cooler out (I'm in South FL so 60s is cool).

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
Which dealer? I just bought/ordered mine from LA CDJR and got 5% below invoice but only because I had an FCA discount code. I know I probably could have done better by buying remote, but I just didn't feel like the hassle. It took about 6 weeks to get my delivery just the way I wanted it- sky one touch and all. I will say that LA CDJR was mediocre at best during the purchase process, but it was OK-but I wasn't expecting it to be good based on what Jeep dealer reputations are around here. PM me if you want to know the sales guy I dealt with. He was OK...

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Come to Houston. The lots are jammed with them. One dealer has about 20 Sahara’s and 10 of them are sky-1 tops.

Ummmmm.... not rare in Texas.....
Sponsored