Lamin-X install. Looks good. (Pics)

Grayson

First Name
Gray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - Sting Ray
Took the end caps off and the fog lights out to install. Looks nice!

20190401_064422.jpg

20190401_064410.jpg
I just ordered same. Did you remove the whole fog light housing is lay the film on? How did you do it? Hopefully I don’t have to remove everything to get it to lay flat on the lens. Without removing the whole housing from the bumper, I doesn’t look like it would lay clean, idk if I’m overthinking this. Thanks in adance!

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
It's just easier to pull the light. The light is contoured and removing it helps to line it up perfectly and smooth it out.

Keycub

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
I was able to do blue lamin-x on my bikini JLR without removing anything. Fog and blinkers came out great. Head lights have a couple wrinkles. Have to be close to tell. Great product.

OP
OP
Jeffrey67

Jeffrey67

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 GMC Yukon Denali XL, 1968 Corvette 427, 1967 Corvette 327, 2 Harleys.
Occupation
Dentist
I just ordered same. Did you remove the whole fog light housing is lay the film on? How did you do it? Hopefully I don’t have to remove everything to get it to lay flat on the lens. Without removing the whole housing from the bumper, I doesn’t look like it would lay clean, idk if I’m overthinking this. Thanks in adance!
This is so weird, because YESTERDAY, I replaced my Lamin-X films because they faded a bit, and started to look worn. I live in NJ, and we have a lot of sand/pebbles in the road. I chose Amber this time, to match the turn signals. Looks great. You're not overthinking, just use your Jeep tool kit to remove the 8 bolts holding the bumper end caps on. Then remove the fog light by unplugging the harness and removing the 2 screws...then it's a very easy job. Clean the lenses, then have someone hold the fog light steady (Or carefully put it in a vice?) and lay the Lamin-X over the lens. If you screw it up, you can peel it off and try again. No biggie. Nice, cheap mod. And they protect your fog light lenses.

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is so weird, because YESTERDAY, I replaced my Lamin-X films because they faded a bit, and started to look worn. I live in NJ, and we have a lot of sand/pebbles in the road. I chose Amber this time, to match the turn signals. Looks great. You're not overthinking, just use your Jeep tool kit to remove the 8 bolts holding the bumper end caps on. Then remove the fog light by unplugging the harness and removing the 2 screws...then it's a very easy job. Clean the lenses, then have someone hold the fog light steady (Or carefully put it in a vice?) and lay the Lamin-X over the lens. If you screw it up, you can peel it off and try again. No biggie. Nice, cheap mod. And they protect your fog light lenses.
How's the light in sandy and foggy conditions? Is it more greenish hue than yellow?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I put the amber on my fogs. see Profile pic. I didn’t remove the light. I like the look but haven’t been in dust or fog to use them yet!

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Probably would have helped if the OP explained in one introductory sentence what Lamin-X is and what it is intended to do. Color change film? Protection against rocks? Legal? Etc.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Probably would have helped if the OP explained in one introductory sentence what Lamin-X is and what it is intended to do. Color change film? Protection against rocks? Legal? Etc.
Probably would have helped who?

would not have helped me. his title was clear enough, it seems to me.

Sponsored

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
o.k. I'm just going to throw my ignorance out here with a question...but remember, this is coming from someone who ditched their factory halogen fogs for YELLOW LED fogs simply by changing bulbs:
why go through the hassle of removing everything & installing the film when it would be a heck of a lot easier to simply switch out bulbs?

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was asking the OP and the participants about their experience with Lamin-x as it is the most inexpensive way to change the color of your factory LED fog lights. My reason for doing the tint is for making my fog lights usable in rainy, snowy, dusty and foggy conditions. The video below will explain it clearly.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
I applied the lamin-x yellow film on my fogs while also installing led bulbs. I have to say not a fan, the film is tacky and attracts dust which ends up blocking light output. I have since replaced the fogs with amber LED fogs from diode dynamics, much better but pricey...just my 2 c
Sponsored