Installed Mopar Rubicon Steel Bumper on a Sahara. Here's what we learned

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
David, are you all set now? I guess you could use the other bracket that was mentioned. But I used the Maximus-3 and once I got the right bolts from the hardware store. They bolted right up. That picture of me holding the lamp has the bracket connected. The two holes on the top and bottom is what mounted to the steel bumper.
Sponsored

DavidCJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I think so. I ordered the JK brackets that were mentioned and it looks like they will be a direct fit. If I canā€™t figure those out, Iā€™ll try the Maximus-3ā€™s but Iā€™m feeling optimistic about those jk brackets. Iā€™ll update after I receive those brackets :)

David, are you all set now? I guess you could use the other bracket that was mentioned. But I used the Maximus-3 and once I got the right bolts from the hardware store. They bolted right up. That picture of me holding the lamp has the bracket connected. The two holes on the top and bottom is what mounted to the steel bumper.

DavidCJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
So the work continues.... let me preface by saying without the info on this forum Iā€™d be completely screwed!

I have the fog light brackets in and I got the rivnuts today and ā€˜thoughtā€™ I was ready to install, but turns out the bumper brackets that attach to the frame I received when I bought the bumper are completely wrong. They are part numbers 252836AB and 252837AB (see pics) no idea where those go to be honest. Lol Also, I thought I had the correct screws (6104414AA) but I did not.

I just put in an order for the bumper brackets and bolts for the bumper. Iā€™ll keep yā€™all update on this saga.

734CF7C9-03AE-4310-A3EB-818777871B71.jpeg

5466DC2B-2B5C-4451-8F73-08D4FE35DCD7.jpeg

DavidCJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Finally finished the install and it looks awesome! Once I got all the correct parts (thanks for the help!) it was a really easy install! Huge improvement over the plastic bumper

41020262-CC95-4DDF-9E86-830DB3120786.jpeg

AE410B73-ECF1-4873-83CF-2E271014EBEF.jpeg

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
Finally finished the install and it looks awesome! Once I got all the correct parts (thanks for the help!) it was a really easy install! Huge improvement over the plastic bumper

41020262-CC95-4DDF-9E86-830DB3120786.jpeg

AE410B73-ECF1-4873-83CF-2E271014EBEF.jpeg
Awesome! Absolutely right. Once you figure out and acquire all the parts itā€™s a real easy install. Looks great!

Sponsored

DavidCJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Thanks!! Iā€™m very please with it! Now next on my list is this baby for the back :rock:
Awesome! Absolutely right. Once you figure out and acquire all the parts itā€™s a real easy install. Looks great!
2F2435C4-3EA6-49DF-A147-89B106BBE412.png

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I'll resurrect this thread and ask here in case @RocketScientist doesnt get on for a while. Can anyone confirm if I am upgrading ffront bumper rom a Sahara plastic with LED fogs to the Rubi Steel one I need the Maximus 3 brackets?

TIA!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I'll resurrect this thread and ask here in case @RocketScientist doesnt get on for a while. Can anyone confirm if I am upgrading ffront bumper rom a Sahara plastic with LED fogs to the Rubi Steel one I need the Maximus 3 brackets?

TIA!
This Amazon one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRISD6W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is cheaper and next day delivery. Thought it would work on Halogen Fogs however would not and sent back, and ordering alternate brackets. Upgraded to Rubi Steel this past weekend. Also - mentioned above (post #33) you will need u nuts and bolts to connect bracket to bumper.

IMG_84A40F3208F8-1.jpeg

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
To clarify the only difference between the Amazon one (which I am all about) and the Maximus is I have to procure the mounting hardware which is two M6 hex bolts and u-nuts?

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
To clarify the only difference between the Amazon one (which I am all about) and the Maximus is I have to procure the mounting hardware which is two M6 hex bolts and u-nuts?
Not positive but believe you need for either one. The Maximus states mounting hardware however I think that is just to mount light to bracket. You may want to check your steel bumper - the u-nuts are most likely still there (mine were). Just need bolts...

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Jeep Cherokee Unlimited 2015 Diesel, 2019 JL Overland ( Sahara in USA)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have to come up with a way to mount my strobes....I picked my Rubicon from Big O this weekend..

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Mopar Rubicon Steel Bumper on a Sahara. Here's what we learned IMG_84A40F3208F8-1
looks great , love the red colour .

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Just a heads-up!! I ordered a Rubicon steel bumper for our Sahara. I was "supposed" to bolt right up with no other parts needed. Because it was a new JL aftermarket production part from MoPar, it took forever to get it and I'd kind of lost interest as the original bumper worked fine with my fire department lights......but I gave my word and I honored it with the dealer. The bumper finally came in and the dealer mounted it this morning.

Here's what we learned;
  • a) the bumper bolts right up - no problem at all
  • b) the original Sahara LED fog lights work perfectly in the Rubicon steel bumper (moderator edit: although there are others that say an adapter bracket is needed - see post #33)
  • c) the skid plate and air dam between the bumper and grill (from the Sahara with a plastic bumper) will NOT work, you have to order a new, steel skid plate and air dam for a Rubicon
  • d) The changeover took twice as long as the dealer work sheet said......though it was their first such effort so I assume there will be an improved learning curve.
Benson Jeep (Greenville SC) took very good care of me and we worked out a mutually agreeable deal to get the rest of the parts and finish the job. It's GOOD to do business with a good dealer!

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Mopar Rubicon Steel Bumper on a Sahara. Here's what we learned IMG_84A40F3208F8-1

How did you do the Rubi hood on the Saraha, just order and paint?

JeepBandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
David. I installed a steel bumper(no lights) on my sport s. I took the halogen light assembly and wiring from the plastic sport s and installed it into The bumper. I do not have the pictures on my phone but I purchased a jk fog light bracket from the 10th anniversary steel bumper( mopar part 68231956aa and 68231957aa) the light assembly pops in to that bracket and it bolts directly into the steel bumper. Itā€™s a factory fit
Hey guys, first post here after buying a 2016 75th Anniversary Edition Sahara.

Can someone confirm that this part number, 68231956AA, is for the right side JK fog light bracket? The MOPAR sites diagram looks like a completely different part. Attached is the MOPAR part and my broken fog light bracket.

Thank you!!!

MOPAR part.PNG

broken bracket.jpg
Sponsored