Sponsored

Tesla Cybertruck debuts tonight. Anyone been following?

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
Take a look at

https://www.tesla.com/findus?bounds=37.70890782152567,-121.80100349694578,37.21183336782868,-122.73896126061766&zoom=11&search=supercharger&filters=store,service,supercharger,destination charger

You can go almost anywhere in the USA and parts of Canada with zero worries. (Most of Western Europe, too). As for convenience, in my experience that’s not much of a problem, either. I drive for 3 or 4 hours and then pull into a Supercharger for 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour. In most cases, there is a restaurant nearby to grab a bite and freshen up. In a gas guzzler I would have stopped for almost that long anyway. Yeah, if you really want to drive from LA to NY in cannonball rally mode the Tesla will not win. But it real life, it’s actually just fine. IMHO YMMV

(Newer Teslas than mine charge faster but I doubt that really changes much for me.)
nearest EV charger to me is 50 miles away so no they are not everywhere. other then that you have to put a 220v line in your house and use a level 2 charger and even that will take 8+ hours to charge from empty.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I think the world would be a better place without Tesla and all these planet saving extremists . China is polluting the entire planet like nobody else and these Tesla people will pretend how " environmentally aware" and how very cool they are driving basically a streetcar on rubber wheels.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I think the world would be a better place without Tesla and all these planet saving extremists . China is polluting the entire planet like nobody else and these Tesla people will pretend how " environmentally aware" and how very cool they are driving basically a streetcar on rubber wheels.
Did you know that China has produced enough concrete and construction to tilt the Earth's axis? I actually saw that on some documentation. :surprised:

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Did you know that China has produced enough concrete and construction to tilt the Earth's axis? I actually saw that on some documentation. :surprised:
that's scary , fortunately they are not flooding the world with much of their own innovation but basically they imitate the West and so hopefully we will be saved from a complete Chinese domination

Last edited:

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
That is one fugly truck, the Model S looks slick, but since then they have gone downhill,IMO!

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like Elon could stand on stage, piss all over everyone and say "Thank you for coming. Goodnight" and they would still love him. The cult of Tesla (Elon) is real.
#NotAFan of the company or its leader.

The blue rendering would have been 1000x better than the fugly POS that was debuted.