Sponsored

Forward collision warning (FCW) and automatic emergency breaking (AEB) malfunction??

Hobo

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Hi all - has this ever happened to anyone: I was driving in a parking garage this morning, no bad weather, etc., and all of a sudden the FCW alert sounded, and then my JLUR automatically slammed on the breaks and the vehicle literally screeched to a halt. Nothing was in front of the vehicle. It was pretty startling. And nothing bad happened, but as we can imagine, it could have been much different if someone was driving behind me...
Sponsored

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Hi all - has this ever happened to anyone: I was driving in a parking garage this morning, no bad weather, etc., and all of a sudden the FCW alert sounded, and then my JLUR automatically slammed on the breaks and the vehicle literally screeched to a halt. Nothing was in front of the vehicle. It was pretty startling. And nothing bad happened, but as we can imagine, it could have been much different if someone was driving behind me...
Please tell us you weren't drinking a coffee

DevilDog305

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Happened to me a few times, first time in the rain and other times when making a turn at a higher rate of speed, freaked me out the first time it happened. You can adjust the sensitivity of the FCW.

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I had the FCW warning sound one time when there wasn't anything in front of me, but I don't have active braking on so no harm, no foul.

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Unlimited / Granite Crystal Metallic / Sky One–Touch Power Top
I had the FCW warning sound one time when there wasn't anything in front of me, but I don't have active braking on so no harm, no foul.
Same here. I keep active breaking off but have had the warning go off multiple times in normal conditions. Must be a Jeep thing!!

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Yikes that’s scary. What does the warning sound like?

wranglermex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
I park in an office garage every day. It happened frequently enough that I just turned the forward collision monitoring off.

Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a

Upon taking delivery of my JLUSahara 2020, it did the samething on the highway back home....the car behind me almost hit me. Anyways I turned that Active brake assist off. I left the alarms on only.

Jeep's safety tech isn't on par with what's on the market.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
OMGoodness. This is only feature I didn’t select (well this and the smokers group). That’s pretty scary! Was it a parked car it detected?

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
My '17 Grand Cherokee used to do that all the time - especially if a car had braked but did so as it was moving off the road...the system seemed to think it was still in the roadway and would panic. I didn't order that Level 2 Safety option for that reason...

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I would have opted out of this package had I known.

none the less I do value the active cruise control, pretty sweet but I could have saved $799

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Anyone aware of any TSB's for FCW Active Braking? I have an '18 JLUR and do not have this function however a good buddy of mine has a 19/20 JLUS and has had this trip unexpectedly a few times once on the highway at speed.... The kicker... He has a manual and the f&*king thing stalled out on him during the hard stop sequence..... First things first, I indicated to him that the active braking could be turned off whilst the warning left on which I think he may run until he can have the system checked out.... I also advised him to check the front radar transmitter to makes sure it was free of debris, as these events occurred without anything nearby... Anyone else experience this in such an extreme case? the idea of a stall on the highway unexpectedly would be enough reason for me to pack an extra few pairs of "drawers". My only strong advice was to get that thing into a dealership for review ASAP, anyone with more info it is much obliged.
Sponsored