Sponsored

Tesla Cybertruck debuts tonight. Anyone been following?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Ugly as hell. Specs on it look amazing from range to towing capacity to quickness for a truck. All the millennials will buy them because now they can really go out in the woods and hug the trees.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Easy answer: Get the 500 mile range version.

More reasonably: by the time the CyberTruck is actually in production (at least 2 years from now) there will almost certainly be a lot more EV charging spots. There are already several dozen in BC. Right now long out of the way trips can take a little planning but it’s rapidly getting easier.
Not in my neck of the woods:LOL: I have a better chance at spotting Sasquatch:like:

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
This is another "feel good" toy for the well off California urbanites. Elon could give a rats ass about whether it works on a farm or tows a 5th wheel. They will be used from Palos Verdes down the hill to mingle with the commoners and back home to their isolated compounds in the evening. Trust me. I live at the bottom of PV and see what comes down that hill everyday.

BTW, that is the ugliest vehicle I've seen in quite a while. I expected better from Elon. His Model S is sleek and classy. This, this is shit. Likely a Model S with a box on top.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I almost feel embarrassed for the company. What a shortcut.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Actual production way off in the future, 3 years, so a lot can change. I would like the drive line platform, could put something useful on it, this "version" is Elon Musks adolescent fantasies revisited .
The prices are interesting, are they " real" , or are they after "Tax Rebates", " Future fuel savings" the usual smoke and mirrors associated with Tesla pricing.
I would love an all electric vehicle, BUT, it has to be affordable, functional, and I have to want it.
Still waiting...

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Looks like a DeLorean with a bed. John D's ghost is probably flattered

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like something a child raised in a Honda Ridgeline would want to buy when s/he grows up.
Sponsored