Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

Jgroux

First Name
J C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
After installing the cabin temp sensor and flashing the tazer I can confirm the automatic control stack works much better - not perfect. I’ve found setting the temp at 69° on a 32° day resulted in the auto function raising temp and fan speed, making the cabin too warm, then automatically cooling it down and then back up - it took about 10 minutes to regulate at 69° and then held it consistently and comfortably for the next 2 hrs of my drive. I suspect the new in cabin temp sensor (combined with sun sensor and external temp sensor) added a needed input to the auto control stack, but as the control box is still missing a number of sensors it’s not perfect - but I would definitely recommend adding the sensor if adding the control stack with your upgrade to the 7 or 8.4 uconnect
Sponsored

OP
OP
thewolfman2010

thewolfman2010

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (JL)
After installing the cabin temp sensor and flashing the tazer I can confirm the automatic control stack works much better - not perfect. I’ve found setting the temp at 69° on a 32° day resulted in the auto function raising temp and fan speed, making the cabin too warm, then automatically cooling it down and then back up - it took about 10 minutes to regulate at 69° and then held it consistently and comfortably for the next 2 hrs of my drive. I suspect the new in cabin temp sensor (combined with sun sensor and external temp sensor) added a needed input to the auto control stack, but as the control box is still missing a number of sensors it’s not perfect - but I would definitely recommend adding the sensor if adding the control stack with your upgrade to the 7 or 8.4 uconnect
Just to confirm, the in-cabin temp sensor goes in this hole, right??

IMG_2061.jpg

Nevermore

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Just read through this 51 page tread. Does anyone have the part number for the climate control panel with the seat/steering wheel warmers?

Jgroux

First Name
J C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Just read through this 51 page tread. Does anyone have the part number for the climate control panel with the seat/steering wheel warmers?
It is listed as a “multi switch - Mopar” there are a bunch of options given the variables it controls. (A/C, ATC, heated seats, heated mirrors, etc etc).
While I’ve seen a parts list somewhere you can search for “multi switch - Mopar” here (I’ve found bam to be the lowest cost with best shipping rates to Michigan)
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/s...p&model=wrangler&year=2019&page_id=&page_url=

Sponsored

Press1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2Dr, 1999 Sport 2 Door
Yeah I saw your threads and was thinking that I am having the same problems too. However I know I am not the only one that bought the infotainment climate control so was wondering if anyone elses have the same problem.
I recently installed the 7” head and climate stack from Infotainment in my 2019 S. Having a similar problem... the heat level is all over the place.
- “Auto” doesn’t turn on and off the A/C like in my Ram with the same setup.
- When I do turn on the A/C, it BLASTS hot air
- Temp control is useless. I just set it to 63 and turn the unit on and off to control the heat. Sometimes it seems like it’s going to work and then the temp just keeps rising until I shut it off.
- I feel like I’m stuck. If I put the old unit back in, I don’t think it’ll work because I used the OBD Genie to reprogram the vehicle for the new one.

I talked to infotainment a couple of times. One guy denied ever hearing about this problem (I didn’t believe him), and another said they are aware and working on a fix - and that my name would be added to the list.

Has anyone fixed this by adding the sensor? I don’t really want to require the vehicle.

Jgroux

First Name
J C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I recently installed the 7” head and climate stack from Infotainment in my 2019 S. Having a similar problem... the heat level is all over the place.
- Temp control is useless. I just set it to 63 and turn the unit on and off to control the heat. Sometimes it seems like it’s going to work and then the temp just keeps rising until I shut it off.
- I feel like I’m stuck. If I put the old unit back in, I don’t think it’ll work because I used the OBD Genie to reprogram the vehicle for the new one.

I talked to infotainment a couple of times. One guy denied ever hearing about this problem (I didn’t believe him), and another said they are aware and working on a fix - and that my name would be added to the list.

Has anyone fixed this by adding the sensor? I don’t really want to require the vehicle.
read posts 734-756.
I fixed by adding in cabin temp sensor - was fortunate already had the sun sensor and harness to support installation of in cabin temp sensor in my base 20 JL

FUBICON

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU SPORT
Upgraded to the 7” radio. Is there anyway to remove the orange lines / box around the display?

Tinsoldier

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S

I added the in cabin sensor like JC did (my 2019 S Sport also has the plug and the slot just as pictured). It helps a little. It didn't fix it completely but manageable. In Auto, heat will surge in the beginning and eventually lower to comfortable auto level. Now, I just stop using the auto function for short distance. I would just set what ever temperature I feel comfortable with and put the fan on low. This defeats the purpose of buying the temperature stack from Infotainment for the AUTO function and on top of that wasted $400 plus.

Press1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I added the in cabin sensor like JC did (my 2019 S Sport also has the plug and the slot just as pictured). It helps a little. It didn't fix it completely but manageable. In Auto, heat will surge in the beginning and eventually lower to comfortable auto level. Now, I just stop using the auto function for short distance. I would just set what ever temperature I feel comfortable with and put the fan on low. This defeats the purpose of buying the temperature stack from Infotainment for the AUTO function and on top of that wasted $400 plus.

Sponsored

Press1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: I have been back and forth with Infotainment a number of times and they’re actually great to work with!

The issue apparently only impacts a very small percentage of Jeeps when installing the climate stack units, and they are working on a fix. They want the fix to be easily installed by the user. I’m impressed.

Delong418

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport - Punk’n Orange
UPDATE: I have been back and forth with Infotainment a number of times and they’re actually great to work with!

The issue apparently only impacts a very small percentage of Jeeps when installing the climate stack units, and they are working on a fix. They want the fix to be easily installed by the user. I’m impressed.

Just made the call to Infotainment and received the same response that they’re working on a fix. He said they’re bringing in a test vehicle to try and replicate the problem. He indicated about 15% of people are having the issue, so if you have the problem, definitely call in to get on their list for updates.

Last edited:

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
The part number is "ACCLD". I got mine from another member (@JJexp) and paid OBDGenie $50 to add extra VIN# to the programmer. I purchased the climate control stack from MyMoparParts for ~$150.

Now everything on the 7" radio works including climate controls, auto climate, etc.
I am trying to order the correct center stack, which one did you order? Also do you know where i can buy the correct obd genie?

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
read posts 734-756.
I fixed by adding in cabin temp sensor - was fortunate already had the sun sensor and harness to support installation of in cabin temp sensor in my base 20 JL
I have a 2019 sport s and ordered the 7 inch screen, hvac stack, and tazer to reprogram. Just a couple quick questions. After I install the radio and HVAC stack what do I reprogram on the tazer? Also how easy is it to install the cabin temperature sensor and how much was it?

Jgroux

First Name
J C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I have a 2019 sport s and ordered the 7 inch screen, hvac stack, and tazer to reprogram. Just a couple quick questions. After I install the radio and HVAC stack what do I reprogram on the tazer? Also how easy is it to install the cabin temperature sensor and how much was it?
The JL tazer has a menu option to support the change - forget what it is specifically, but is intuitive.
The cabin sensor was super easy, if your harness already supports it - look for it before you buy the sensor (~40$)
Sponsored