Sponsored

No wonder FCA won't fix our loose steering.. they've been busy corrupting the UAW

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Top labor union officials accepting bribes from management and being generally corrupt the core? No!!! Say it ain’t so.

In other news, water is wet.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
To put it kindly, late CEO Marchionne's sense of ethics didn't seem to conform with the general norm in North America.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
To put it kindly, late CEO Marchionne's sense of ethics didn't seem to conform with the general norm in North America.
This sort of thing predates Sergio by a long way. I’m fairly certain that the very first leader of an organized labor union solicited and accepted bribes.

Sponsored

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Let's not take GM's version of this for gospel, for at least two reasons: the latest convict is a GM exec (he'll plead Dec 4th), and Marchionne isn't here to defend himself.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
I have watched the shop floor guys at work who are UAW unionized go through the last three contract negotiations and while not pro union myself, I have shaken my head each time to the contract terms they have voted on and accepted. The two tier pay system is the big thing that basically locks in all new hires to a hr rate twice as low as the legacy workers would have gotten in years past. Basically where seniority is king, the old timers sold out the new hires to keep there high hr rates in place. When that two tier system came to a vote, the union guys fell in line with what their leadership told them to and voted to cut their throats in the long term. In this case, I can see corporate bribes of union leadership happening.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Top labor union officials accepting bribes from management and being generally corrupt the core? No!!! Say it ain’t so.

In other news, water is wet.
This sort of thing predates Sergio by a long way. I’m fairly certain that the very first leader of an organized labor union solicited and accepted bribes.
Nailed it. There is no news here. Unions have been corrupt since they started. There isn’t an honest one in leadership and never has been. Once you have gone through a union negotiation and strike you would understand, they are all corrupt and if you think they are representing “the people” I have some swamp land in Florida for sale.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Nailed it. There is no news here. Unions have been corrupt since they started. There isn’t an honest one in leadership and never has been. Once you have gone through a union negotiation and strike you would understand, they are all corrupt and if you think they are representing “the people” I have some swamp land in Florida for sale.
To be fair, the forces they were created to combat were at least as corrupt as some unions are/were. Pre-union working environments were hellish.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Man my dad and my brother must be some shady people and hide all their bribery money well :CWL:

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
To be fair, the forces they were created to combat were at least as corrupt as some unions are/were. Pre-union working environments were hellish.
Media blows so much out of proportion, the last owners tried to pull a fast one on us last year. They tried saying we were not negotiating and force contract. That contract they tried to enforce was in the wake of the steel tariffs so they wanted a huge amount of concessions in the sense of wage cuts up to 10 percent, cutting some benefits and the biggest was to stop supporting our retirees. Since the steel industry isn’t the nicest on our health and they didn’t really have much knowledge on the long term effects a lot of our retirees are on expensive cancer drugs and others that max out their lifetime max so the company would help pick up the bill. We voted a 99 percent no because we would not turn our backs on our brothers that paved they way to where we are now
Media came out said we turned it down because of the wage cut.. :facepalm:

RGW_WNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubican
This tells you everything you need to know about FCA. Corruption and lying starts at the top and works it’s way all the way down. Lock em all up.
I would prefer to hear from those not so mentally lazy or lacking in cognitive ability and independence that they vote a union to speak for them. We all know union leaderships are corrupt, non-union and union alike know it, many union members think the union is corrupt for their benefit and after decades not learned the truth.

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
Its just a law suit. Wait tell it all plays out. Anyone can say anything they want in the suit. However, it will come out more if it ever (and it likely won't) go to a trial.

Only one side of the story so far.
Sponsored