Sponsored

New to the forum...just got my 2019 JLUR!

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Welcome!
As far as recommendations go you need to take a hard look at how you are going to use it. If you are serious about off roading and using the Jeep for what it built for than you will get recommendations from the off roaders.
Anything else... talk to the Mall Crawlers.
You have a Rubi... off road it :)
Is there a hint of condescension at Mall Crawlers ,there ? ;) If so , maybe you should have said ...." anything else.....talk down to the Mall Crawlers " ......just bustin on you :)

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a hint of condescension at Mall Crawlers ,there ? ;) If so , maybe you should have said ...." anything else.....talk down to the Mall Crawlers " ......just bustin on you :)
LOL :)

mememaker-org-im-condescending-that-means-i-talk-down-to-6036198.png

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I can help you with the mall crawler modifications. Everything will be interior mods only like extra storage compartments. I already bought 3. :rock::LOL:

Your Rubicon is beautiful!

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can help you with the mall crawler modifications. Everything will be interior mods only like extra storage compartments. I already bought 3. :rock::LOL:

Your Rubicon is beautiful!
Just remember , that every time one pulls their Mall Crawler into the driveway ,they are taking it off road !

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
There's a lot of range between "mall crawling" and hardcore off-roading like rock-climbing. There's the whole off-road/trail/beach thing where you can take a stock Jeep/Rubicon and not beat the crap out of it but still go farther than say, a Prius or even a Subaru. Some of us bought them to drive to those kinds of places in addition to the mall. :like: Honestly, I bought my JLUR because it is the closest thing on the market to my old Grand Wagoneer... comfortable, capable, Dana 44s at both ends, etc. If they made a JLUR with a slightly stretched cargo area, all metal body/fixed roof, and either a fold-down hatch like the Grand Wagoneer or barn-doors like an FJ40, I would be all over that.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's a lot of range between "mall crawling" and hardcore off-roading like rock-climbing. There's the whole off-road/trail/beach thing where you can take a stock Jeep/Rubicon and not beat the crap out of it but still go farther than say, a Prius or even a Subaru. Some of us bought them to drive to those kinds of places in addition to the mall. :like: Honestly, I bought my JLUR because it is the closest thing on the market to my old Grand Wagoneer... comfortable, capable, Dana 44s at both ends, etc. If they made a JLUR with a slightly stretched cargo area, all metal body/fixed roof, and either a fold-down hatch like the Grand Wagoneer or barn-doors like an FJ40, I would be all over that.
Couldnt agree more !

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Just remember , that every time one pulls their Mall Crawler into the driveway ,they are taking it off road !
LOL!!!!

Mud Yapster

First Name
Mud Yapster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Nice Congrats
Enjoy we love our new black jeep. We went straight from the dealer to the dirt 150 miles home by TOPO GPS. LOL
Our rock slider should be here Thursday then GY MT/R tires are next.
Sponsored