Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Whats with those bomb proof mailboxes ? I have never seen anything like that. We just have boxes on 4x4's . Now you gotta get a mason in there to rebuild , when all we do is stick it back in the ground !

mail.jpg
Down here in Florida, east of town in the country, kids will play “mailbox baseball” - driving down the road, one kid hanging outside the passenger window with a baseball bat, smacking mailboxes as they drive by. I finally got smart. I purchased the cheapest plastic mailbox, nailed a flat board to the top of the post, and Velcroed it to the board. It got hit one more time after that; it doesn’t get bothered anymore. I just picked it up and put it back on the board, where it’s been for years.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Based on the three days I spent at SEMA last week, were all going to be driving Glatiators so the 2dr vs 4dr argument will be moot.

But the 2dr Gladiator, take my money!

20191105_105543.jpg
The Gladiator LOL.

Ain't nobody buying them. It's a useless tool.

Who cares it can tow a million pounds. Sales are dead and so are the JT forums.

...you couldn't even fit a 2 point buck back there

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
The Gladiator LOL.

Ain't nobody buying them. It's a useless tool.

Who cares it can tow a million pounds. Sales are dead and so are the JT forums.

...you couldn't even fit a 2 point buck back there
Actually I think it’s a Wrangler J6.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the three days I spent at SEMA last week, were all going to be driving Glatiators so the 2dr vs 4dr argument will be moot.

But the 2dr Gladiator, take my money!

20191105_105543.jpg
Did they happen to have Window Sticker on that package?

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Actually I think it’s a Wrangler J6.
My long-time friend at my dealership asked me earlier in year sitting with him looking at New Gladiator he had on showroom floor what I thought of them. I have known him for 47 years and I looked at him and said ONE word. UGLY. He said I am asking you really what you think. I looked at him and said Butt Ugly. He whispered he agreed. I have seen maybe 4 around my part of DFW. Not many. Coming from a Crew Cab Ram to my Jeep if I want a truck I'll get my Ram back. The Blue one in the photo is nice and decked out but that word comes back. Sure they will appeal to people.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Down here in Florida, east of town in the country, kids will play “mailbox baseball” - driving down the road, one kid hanging outside the passenger window with a baseball bat, smacking mailboxes as they drive by. I finally got smart. I purchased the cheapest plastic mailbox, nailed a flat board to the top of the post, and Velcroed it to the board. It got hit one more time after that; it doesn’t get bothered anymore. I just picked it up and put it back on the board, where it’s been for years.
Let me tell you what happened outside of DFW a few years back. A man got tired of kids with bats knocking his mailbox off. He made him one filled with concrete. Mounted it and a few days later he heard noise and yelling. Turns out it broke the kid's arm and dislocated the shoulder. Turns out too that it's against the law to do that and he was charged with something minor. I never heard the outcome. Karma I guess.

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
Did they happen to have Window Sticker on that package?
No, that's a concept. I like to call it project blue balls. Ya know Jeep they like to tease what some people want only to never make it just cause they get off on that.

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
Step dad made a nice mailbox mount with an 8 foot railroad rail in it. Guy with a brush guard hit it and wrapped the brush guard around it.

Illegal but small town and no one was hurt so he wasn't charged, but rather thanked that he "caught" the guy. He had been running over mailboxes for about a week.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw this, and thought of this thread.

mYWOZDK1k2u-rNX47CxaToDkkKCbH81_aI_80J6wyO-fPgsUK6ht8u-t4jGS_hGOes0De_oI&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-1.jpg
Looks like someone already found out it doesn't give with moving bat !!!!! lol :handsinair::clap::like::CWL:

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
Yep - nailed it. Major DB.

Hunter

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Oh boy, some of the replies in here are hilarious. 2 door, 4 door, who cares?

Next thing you know people are going to make passive aggressive comments towards wrangler owners that only drive on pavement.... oh wait 😉

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I cannot believe I read the entirety of this. I'm now at least 10% dumber - brain cells I probably could not afford to lose. Thanks for the necrothread!
Sponsored