Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Good Morning all!

Watched "Midway" last night. I was afraid they were going to overdo it, but I think they kept most everything at an appropriate level. I think its main problem is trying to cram 6 months of history into a 2 hour movie. Otherwise, an excellent movie and I fully recommend it.

Mike: Unfortunately the only shot we got to see of the Lexington was after she was fatally damaged. Would have been good to see her in action.

1520600300187.jpg
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Payday Friday Jeeples!!! I took a sabbatical from work yesterday to try to kick my cold/flu thing I have going on. I feel better today even though my plans for yesterday didn't go as planned. I had hoped to sleep all day but I just couldn't get comfy so i was lazy in my recliner instead. But sadly, I think I gave what I have to Monica...which means that I may be getting it back before the weekend if over. :crying: Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Yep, I managed to catch whatever crud my wife has... :asshat:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Good Morning all!

Watched "Midway" last night. I was afraid they were going to overdo it, but I think they kept most everything at an appropriate level. I think its main problem is trying to cram 6 months of history into a 2 hour movie. Otherwise, an excellent movie and I fully recommend it.

Mike: Unfortunately the only shot we got to see of the Lexington was after she was fatally damaged. Would have been good to see her in action.

1520600300187.jpg
So Lady Lex was lost during the Battle of the Coral Sea and the Battle of Midway was a month later. They still managed to mention the Lex?

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So Lady Lex was lost during the Battle of the Coral Sea and the Battle of Midway was a month later. They still managed to mention the Lex?
yep, its the six month buildup from Pearl Harbor to Midway, so there were several actions in between, including Coral Sea.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
yep, its the six month buildup from Pearl Harbor to Midway, so there were several actions in between, including Coral Sea.
Kewl!

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Speaking historically, Coral Sea and Midway are usually seen as two parts of the same process...stopping Axis expansion, turning point, etc...same as Torch and El Alamein. So it's common to link them.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
well... each station on Sirius only plays six songs more or less, sometimes swapping one out here and there.... I think he's got a better deal in the thumb drive.
With the military discount, Pandora is $7/mo. They seem to play more than Sirius before repeat but it is 70's AND 80's on one channel. Sirius sent me a notice to come back for a year for $5/mo. Meh, Pandora is fine and less cutout due to trees, almost never.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
yep, they were short action sequences, but shows a lot of how bad things were getting and why this victory was very much needed.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking historically, Coral Sea and Midway are usually seen as two parts of the same process...stopping Axis expansion, turning point, etc...same as Torch and El Alamein. So it's common to link them.
:like:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
With the military discount, Pandora is $7/mo. They seem to play more than Sirius before repeat but it is 70's AND 80's on one channel. Sirius sent me a notice to come back for a year for $5/mo. Meh, Pandora is fine and less cutout due to trees, almost never.
I use Pandora too, but just the version with ads.

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
Ron Fellows Performance Driving School in Nevada, near Lost Wages. January of 2018
Sweet. I can't quite recall if we heard about that?!? Did you trailer out, or did you buy it out West? How come you had different gear selection than the other guys - what models/trannys were being run around? I'd like to be taught how to push the car/driver. Feel where the limits :rock:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet. I can't quite recall if we heard about that?!? Did you trailer out, or did you buy it out West? How come you had different gear selection than the other guys - what models/trannys were being run around? I'd like to be taught how to push the car/driver. Feel where the limits :rock:
I'm pretty sure I talked about it back then, but who knows. I have CRS.
Here's how it worked. When you bought a new Corvette, Chevy sent you a letter offering to pay for the school except for $1000. The school was $3500 at the time. They also paid for one night at the school and you paid for one night, $110 at the time. They would match you with a Corvette that was the same as what you bought. So, if you bought a Z06 with a manual, then you drove their Z06 with a manual. They matched me with a white Grand Sport with auto, since that's what I have, but BLUE! You get to beat the snot out of their cars instead of your own. Yours truly on the track:
2D7B20A1-1383-47F4-A8A3-2BDDCC99D1AA_1_105_c.jpeg

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure I talked about it back then, but who knows. I have CRS.
Here's how it worked. When you bought a new Corvette, Chevy sent you a letter offering to pay for the school except for $1000. The school was $3500 at the time. They also paid for one night at the school and you paid for one night, $110 at the time. They would match you with a Corvette that was the same as what you bought. So, if you bought a Z06 with a manual, then you drove their Z06 with a manual. They matched me with a white Grand Sport with auto, since that's what I have, but BLUE! You get to beat the snot out of their cars instead of your own. Yours truly on the track:
2D7B20A1-1383-47F4-A8A3-2BDDCC99D1AA_1_105_c.jpeg
Awesome!
Sponsored