Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Look at like this... with the mc 2.5 rocksport, its one and done. You’ll have a lift that rides great and when you start doing more off-roading ( and you will at some point) you’ll have one of the best lifts on the market under your rig. It’s better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it. This goes for rock krawler as well.......:)
i was checking out the MC 2.5" kit and they highly recommend replacing the driveshafts due to their shock mount relocation. unless i was reading it wrong or something... if you dont have to replace any driveshaft parts, then its certainly a good package/deal.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
i was checking out the MC 2.5" kit and they highly recommend replacing the driveshafts due to their shock mount relocation. unless i was reading it wrong or something... if you dont have to replace any driveshaft parts, then its certainly a good package/deal.
Yeah...mc and rk are extremely flexy. I replaced my front drive shaft back when I still had my Mopar lift on. The collar at the transfer case was getting all mangled up. I would recommend replacing driveshaft with either of these kits. It really depends on how your going to be wheeling it really. That would determine the urgency imho......:)

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Metalcloak 2.5” lift with Rocksport shocks. It’s really good however it does feel a bit stiff. I don’t have a problem with it tho, makes the steering a bit more firm
Did you replace your front driveshaft? If so, did you go with theirs or another brand?

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Did you replace your front driveshaft? If so, did you go with theirs or another brand?
I didn’t but was planning on doing so soon. Unfortunately, I was one of those with the noise in the rear axle so it’s been in the dealer for two weeks. Once my rear axle gets replaced, I plan on replacing the driveshafts. Probably will go with Adams. But tbh you should be good if you go with the ones MC recommends.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t but was planning on doing so soon. Unfortunately, I was one of those with the noise in the rear axle so it’s been in the dealer for two weeks. Once my rear axle gets replaced, I plan on replacing the driveshafts. Probably will go with Adams. But tbh you should be good if you go with the ones MC recommends.
I’ve got the Adams, been in for almost a year, no issues, works great. The rear is still ok, I’m gonna wait until I have to before I switch it out......:)

D74FCA48-C3A6-4E28-9084-F21F1CAF2334.jpeg

Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Warranty or not, I still feel like the problem with the Mopar lift is it is marketed as a 2" lift however lifts nearly 3" and many times you need more geometry correcting parts to correct it. Axles will be off and some people (like me) needed to add caster to correct driveability. Consider adding $600 on top of that to have everything square enough, if not more.
Here is my issue so far. Bought used 2020 with mopar lift already installed. My caster is way out...2.5 degrees and should be around 6 degrees hence the wandering issue. Took it to the shop and apparently the stock lower control arms are still on it. Ughhh. So I will need to put adjustable LCA’s to fix issue.
My question, the local jeep shop is swearing the way the Jeep stands it must be at least a 4” lift. The dealership parts manager told me it’s a 2” because Mopar did not have a 4” at the time. Any thoughts and is there a way to figure out which I have so I can order the correct control arms.?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my issue so far. Bought used 2020 with mopar lift already installed. My caster is way out...2.5 degrees and should be around 6 degrees hence the wandering issue. Took it to the shop and apparently the stock lower control arms are still on it. Ughhh. So I will need to put adjustable LCA’s to fix issue.
My question, the local jeep shop is swearing the way the Jeep stands it must be at least a 4” lift. The dealership parts manager told me it’s a 2” because Mopar did not have a 4” at the time. Any thoughts and is there a way to figure out which I have so I can order the correct control arms.?
To be honest you will see more like 3.5" lift on a Sport. Even Rubicon folks are seeing more than 2" of lift. If you install Mopar lift LCAs you will still be under recommended caster, so get a decent set of adjustable LCAs.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
The mopar lift sits higher than advertised and even more so on a non rubicon. I would recommend getting a set of front and rear track bars and front lower control arms... the arms as the bare minimum. You can get an adjustable set pretty cheap and maybe even in the used marketplace here on the forum.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The mopar lift sits higher than advertised and even more so on a non rubicon. I would recommend getting a set of front and rear track bars and front lower control arms... the arms as the bare minimum. You can get an adjustable set pretty cheap and maybe even in the used marketplace here on the forum.
Thanks for the reply. Update, I found the jeep dealer who did the install and will be bringing it to them next week. Might be a battle. They say the lift kits lower control arms look exactly like the originals which I don’t believe. Mine are shaped like an I-beam and I think the lift kits are tubular. If anyone has a pic of their mopar lift kit lower control arms please send pic so I have more ammo to have them repair at their cost. Thanks

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be honest you will see more like 3.5" lift on a Sport. Even Rubicon folks are seeing more than 2" of lift. If you install Mopar lift LCAs you will still be under recommended caster, so get a decent set of adjustable LCAs.
Thanks for the reply, this forum is awesome. I’m a jeep newbie but getting schooled.

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Thanks for the reply. Update, I found the jeep dealer who did the install and will be bringing it to them next week. Might be a battle. They say the lift kits lower control arms look exactly like the originals which I don’t believe. Mine are shaped like an I-beam and I think the lift kits are tubular. If anyone has a pic of their mopar lift kit lower control arms please send pic so I have more ammo to have them repair at their cost. Thanks
The arms look exactly like stock, only slightly longer. They are correct in what they are telling you.
And the mopar kit does sit tall.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
They looked exactly the same as my 2018 JL stock arms just about 1/4” longer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The arms look exactly like stock, only slightly longer. They are correct in what they are telling you.
And the mopar kit does sit tall.
Thanks for replying that helps.
Does anyone know why it would leave their shop with the caster angle at 2.5 degrees instead of being around 6 degrees? On the phone they’re telling me they do an alignment post install. Just trying to arm myself with knowledge.
They also suggested it might need a caster/camber bolt kit to resolve problem which really has me concerned about this dealership.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know why it would leave their shop with the caster angle at 2.5 degrees instead of being around 6 degrees? On the phone they’re telling me they do an alignment post install. Just trying to arm myself with knowledge.
They also suggested it might need a caster/camber bolt kit to resolve problem which really has me concerned about this dealership.
Hi John,
It’s the amount of lift you got, is the reason for your low caster. Looking at your avatar pic it looks like you got more like 4 inches. Can you measure your front axle like this.....

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Lift Kit vs.... FDBC41C0-52F3-421C-8F87-1084124B05F8
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Lift Kit vs.... 6CE4A074-6B7C-45EB-8BDE-A6A6CD872D4B

I’m curious how far your axle is off center. The sport in these pics was off 1 inch after Mopar lift install. What part of Florida? I’m in Citrus Co.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
2.5 seems low even for stock. If they would have put mopar lift arms on I would think should be around 5. Anything higher will require adjustable LCAs. Good luck
Sponsored