cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
At some point, I assume yesterday after hitting a rather large ice chunk on the road, one end up of my left sway bar link became disconnected between the link and bushing. I only realized this when I got death wobble today and stopped to figure out why. First I ask, how can I Fix this. Second, is the disconnected link likely the cause of the death wobble, or could it be a new alignment issue from the ice?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
At some point, I assume yesterday after hitting a rather large ice chunk on the road, one end up of my left sway bar link became disconnected between the link and bushing. I only realized this when I got death wobble today and stopped to figure out why. First I ask, how can I Fix this. Second, is the disconnected link likely the cause of the death wobble, or could it be a new alignment issue from the ice?
Thanks!
Photos? Stock links?
I’m interested to see how a link came off a threaded 12mm bolt.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Please add pics like Jerry said. I have a pile of brand new sway bar links I can get in the mail to you tomorrow if needed.

Brett

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might be able to press it back in. That’s wild, I haven’t seen that happen before...

Brett

OP
OP
cwadle

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
With the bottom of the link detached, the link is now able to move freely around left and right. Not sure if that is normal, just seemed wrong to me.

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0694 (1).jpg

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
With the bottom of the link detached, the link is now able to move freely around left and right. Not sure if that is normal, just seemed wrong to me.

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0694 (1).jpg
That’s just a ball joint on the other end so it’s normal, but man that looks like some crazy magic trick.

OP
OP
cwadle

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I guess Ill just try to slip it back on, or take it to the dealer if that doesn't work.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Ladies and gentlemen,
Now witness the great magician Houdini instantly remove a bolted on sway bar links torqued with threadlock with nothing but his hands!

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess Ill just try to slip it back on, or take it to the dealer if that doesn't work.
It needs to be on there for sure when on the highway. You’ll more than likely get a weird body lean where till squat the passenger side rear and lift the drivers front up. Depending on what the dealer says, I can get you one in a flat rate box tomorrow. Should get it in a few days. Let me know. Worst case, you can cut that lip on the bushing to get it thru and use some large washers until you get something lined up.

Brett

OP
OP
cwadle

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It needs to be on there for sure when on the highway. You’ll more than likely get a weird body lean where till squat the passenger side rear and lift the drivers front up. Depending on what the dealer says, I can get you one in a flat rate box tomorrow. Should get it in a few days. Let me know. Worst case, you can cut that lip on the bushing to get it thru and use some large washers until you get something lined up.

Brett
Thanks! I might take that up, Ill see what happens with the dealer.