TPMS Warning light on, but all sensors read pressure

flight4f

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP JL RUBICON
See picture below, which appears to be contradictory. I bought 5 new TPMS sensors when I stalled my 37's about a month ago, everything worked perfectly. About a week ago, TPMS warning light went off. I did take a bit of air out of the tires went I went offroad, but the pressure was still set to about 28 psi. I have a Tazer Lite that is currently set to 25 PSI.

What am I missing? How can I get the TPMS warning light, but all 4 tires read an accurate pressure? I have noticed the Tazer is a bit glitchy. For instance, sometimes the ESS light doesn't come on even though I have it set to do so. This isn't a huge issue, just annoying. Any suggestions would be outstanding.

MVIMG_20190724_190713.jpg
I have this exact same Issue, I have Tried fixing this for weeks, I have driven for hours in hopes the system will “learn” as the dealer ship called it. The dealer has had so many people complain about this and have no fix I guess. The TPM codes always come back after and turn the light back on after the dealer clears the codes, the codes are :
TPM C1580 Left/Right side Tire Sensor Location Undetermined,
TPM C1581 Front/Rear Tire Sensor Location Undetermined,
TPM C151D Tire Pressure Sensor Location Undetermined,
BCM U1514-87 Engine Controller Secret Code-Missing Message.
The Tazer doesn't read the TPM or BCM codes for me to reset, Seeing how Jeep has no fix for this in sight, Im hoping because the PSI reads correctly on the display Tazer will add a setting to leave the display for the TPMS active but disable the light.
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have this exact same Issue, I have Tried fixing this for weeks, I have driven for hours in hopes the system will “learn” as the dealer ship called it. The dealer has had so many people complain about this and have no fix I guess. The TPM codes always come back after and turn the light back on after the dealer clears the codes, the codes are :
The Tazer doesn't read the TPM or BCM codes for me to reset, Seeing how Jeep has no fix for this in sight, Im hoping because the PSI reads correctly on the display Tazer will add a setting to leave the display for the TPMS active but disable the light.
+ @morricus

Aside from there not being a permanent fix, the TPMS warning light problem can be resolved. It happened to me not too long ago.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tpms-warning-well-this-is-odd.36894/

flight4f

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP JL RUBICON
+ @morricus

Aside from there not being a permanent fix, the TPMS warning light problem can be resolved. It happened to me not too long ago.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tpms-warning-well-this-is-odd.36894/
Its not a PSI issue. Its a jeep TPM programming Issue I believe or a weak transmitter signal as others have said from other threads. I have ran my tires at 40 PSI for days and the light never went out. All the codes causing my issue and many others I believe is from the Jeep computer not correctly locating the sensors. Jeep dealer will clear my codes and the light will go out for a day or two then come back. The pressures always read fine on the display. I have even tested the display live with and without the Tazer installed as I aired down to 20 PSI then back up to 40 PSI. Every tire on the display worked fine Live showing the tires correct position and the correct PSI as I went up and down. The codes that cause the Light to stay on even though the display is working correctly in my case are:

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
All OEM , no Tazer involved, had this for a few weeks now, tyre pressure all good;

B2ABFA12-CAC0-4FF9-871A-0D36E73E236E.jpeg

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Can I piggy back a question on here from you guys? kinda related.... there is a big difference between when I check my pressure manually and what the TPMS says it is. Why? And does it matter? I've used 3 manual pressure gauges and they all read the same. Then the TPMS is always about 4 PSI higher. The temp dropped last week and I checked all with a gauge and all were at 28 PSI. Inside on the dash they were all 32 PSI.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Seems these TOMS sensors have issues, not sure if it’s the module or the actual wheel sensor

stitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL UnLtd Rub
All OEM , no Tazer involved, had this for a few weeks now, tyre pressure all good;

B2ABFA12-CAC0-4FF9-871A-0D36E73E236E.jpeg
I am having very similar problem since today (although my JL has factory Mud Tires and Tazer Jl installed).
Front right end aft left tire pressure suddenly showed in red (and the orange tire pressure warning light) when driving 2 hours on highway. Despite the TPMS shows good psi readings on all tires and have manually pressure checked confirmed pressure is ok.
Since you have similar issue, I don't think it is JL Tazer related, but looks more like a sensor transmission problem / software related bcse suddenly two tires were in red for unclear reason .... Looking forward for someone finding the remedy for this / how this error can be reset?

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
I am having very similar problem since today (although my JL has factory Mud Tires and Tazer Jl installed).
Front right end aft left tire pressure suddenly showed in red (and the orange tire pressure warning light) when driving 2 hours on highway. Despite the TPMS shows good psi readings on all tires and have manually pressure checked confirmed pressure is ok.
Since you have similar issue, I don't think it is JL Tazer related, but looks more like a sensor transmission problem / software related bcse suddenly two tires were in red for unclear reason .... Looking forward for someone finding the remedy for this / how this error can be reset?
I now think its just poor software, if the pressure drops below x it will only reset when above y.

mine dropped below x due to a cold night , as I had set my temps closer to x than factory it didn't ever get to y to reset.

I had to add a few psi in each and go on a drive to get it to reset then dropped it down once it had.

Other systems are a bit clever than ours and factor in temp changes and use time averaging, sudden loss etc.

I need my x y window moving down.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Seems these TPMS sensor issues plague some of us and others not so much and a lot depends on after market mods especially lifts and wheels, my thought is jerk they all out and carry a tire gage or use a Tazer and turn the crap off

stitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL UnLtd Rub
I now think its just poor software, if the pressure drops below x it will only reset when above y.

mine dropped below x due to a cold night , as I had set my temps closer to x than factory it didn't ever get to y to reset.

I had to add a few psi in each and go on a drive to get it to reset then dropped it down once it had.

Other systems are a bit clever than ours and factor in temp changes and use time averaging, sudden loss etc.

I need my x y window moving down.
Totally agree with your reasoning of the cause - my problem happened after having driven up / down the snowy mountain - but was all confusing bcse there seems to be a ~4hr delay following the outside temp change and then the TPMS warning 4 hrs later...
Today, when driving around in warmer climate, all went back to normal (but again it did take about 5-6 hours - I assume huge software /sensor time filters are applied . So definitely temperature /software related. Anyway, I will set the pressure limits a bit lower with the Tazer in order to avoid an outside temp change giving me bells and wistles on the dash...

Sponsored

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Just figured that I would echo the same problems. My car is brand new. No TPMS Sensor issues until I swapped to 37" tires. I was driving on the AEV 2.5" lift for a few days and never had that issue. It all started only after the wheel and tazer mini install. After unmarrying and rebooting everything about 10 times, I've isolated and come to the conclusion its the wheels. Perhaps the distance is just too great for the signal to reach. To support that conclusion even more, I have also noticed that the system sometimes doesn't even read the sensors. It just shows a red line. But it truly is annoying. Note that I am also driving an export Rubicon in Australia.

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT JL 4 DOORS V6
I have a 2018 JLU, 3” lift & 35” tires. The TPMS light stays on. It is reading tire pressure accurately. I have taken it to the dealership, they 1st reset them the light came back on the next day. 2nd time they replaced all the sensors with new OEMs. Picked it up at 3:30 Saturday, by 6:30 Saturday the light came back on and still reads the correct air pressure. Took it back to dealership they say they swapped out the wheels with a set of factory wheels and tires and everything worked fine. Put mine back on and drove less than 10 miles and light came back on. All 5 sensors have now been replaced as well as the pressure sensor. According to Jeep the solution is to go back to factory wheels and tires. Any ideas besides either leaving it on and ignoring it?
Did you ever fix this issue?

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So how did you fix this problem also what is the brand name of the tpms?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
The easiest way to fix this is to use a Tazer or JSCAN and turn it off and get a good tire gage.

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The easiest way to fix this is to use a Tazer or JSCAN and turn it off and get a good tire gage.
I went to discount tires and they scan all tires read no problem.
Ask them if i change this to new tpms, is tpms warning light turn off and they said not sure.
Tpms warning light is on, i will clear it using Tazer mini, but after driving couple minutes tpms light will turn on again. Don't know what causing tpms light on. Discount tires selling me the schrader tpms model 33560 for $60 each and don't want to buy new tpms and tpms light still on. My tires is nitto ridge grappler lt.
35x12.50r20 Tire pressure is all 30 psi
Tpms set warning light to 25 psi
Using Tazer Mini
Sponsored