A few new things I learned about my JLU today

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
1. If you have the headlights turned to auto and you are running DRLs, when you turn on the wipers it also turns on the full headlights (how many of us knew this).

2. When using the remote start below 40 degrees, in addition to it turning on the Heated Seats & Stearing Wheel, it also sets the heat blower onto some kind of super blast made which will stay on until you open the door to get in, then it cuts down to normal (cool as hell feature). You can not access this super blast mode manually.

3. The colder it is outside the warmer your heated seat and steering wheel will be (variable temp), pretty cool.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
#1 can be switched on or off through the uConnect.

Some states require headlights on when your wipers are on.

I live in an area where that isn't the case, and can choose to enable or disable this feature.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Your new JL is full of surprises and features. I've read through a lot of stuff but not all of it. Changed things, moved things, etc.
Enjoy!

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
#1 can be switched on or off through the uConnect.

Some states require headlights on when your wipers are on.

I live in an area where that isn't the case, and can choose to enable or disable this feature.
I can't believe this isn't a law everywhere. It isn't for you to see, but for others to see you. One of my biggest pet peeves when driving (it is a law where I live).

Sponsored

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I can't believe this isn't a law everywhere. It isn't for you to see, but for others to see you. One of my biggest pet peeves when driving (it is a law where I live).
I do not understand why auto headlights are not just on when ever the engine is running. What does is hurt to have extra visibility in the daytime? This would solve the problem of people that do not turn on the head lights when they should be (when raining, snow, fog or at dawn/dusk) but it is not quite dark enough for the sensor to turn them on. You would still have the non auto and off positions on the switch if necessary for some reason.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I do not understand why auto headlights are not just on when ever the engine is running. What does is hurt to have extra visibility in the daytime? This would solve the problem of people that do not turn on the head lights when they should be (when raining, snow, fog or at dawn/dusk) but it is not quite dark enough for the sensor to turn them on. You would still have the non auto and off positions on the switch if necessary for some reason.
I had a 2018 Mazda 3 that was like that. If you were in D the lights were on no matter what.

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
My pet peeve is people that drive with wipers on full blast when it is misting or has stopped raining, LOL Maybe they just like a extra layer of rubber? We could use that on jeep windshields for Rocks to bounce off of.

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Daytime running lights aren't federally mandated in the US either.

Common sense and laws don't necessarily align.

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
Yes, but how will we be able to distinguish the drunk drivers? All kidding aside- I agree with your opinion.

Sponsored

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
New automobiles have brightly lit dashboards, so some people don't realize their headlights aren't even on.
Local LEO's love this.

Roy_Hobbs

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Ocean Blue Sky One-Touch
These are all common things that have been in Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeeps for years. I assume others as well.

rid34fun

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha Super Tenere
Occupation
Director of Campus Development
If you have a manual trans, #2 can't be turned off. We can't have remote start, for obvious reasons, but when I start my Jeep, and its below 40 they come on and can't be turned off as a setting...annoying actually. I have to hit the ess button, the heated steering wheel button and the heated seat button 3 times, then I can get underway. Secretly, I like the feature, but wish I had a setting to turn it off if I wanted

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I learned that if you push the traction control button, it turns off only a portion of the assists—most likely TC. If you hold it for 5 seconds, it turns off more, called stability control. Pretty cool, especially off-road in the snow.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
My pet peeve is people that drive with wipers on full blast when it is misting or has stopped raining, LOL Maybe they just like a extra layer of rubber? We could use that on jeep windshields for Rocks to bounce off of.

I simply hate not being able to control these features as I see fit. I like to do some hunting.....and when I cannot control the lights or wipers or such things it literally pisses me off. WHY do I need some idiotic program telling me how to run my ride? STOP with all this nonsense. I want to control my life.
Sponsored