Sponsored

For those who are having problems...why punish yourself?

azjluw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I owned a 2018 Wrangler JL Sport S for roughly 18 months and 18k miles. Steering was okay but after v41 recall it became an issue. Don’t know if it was related but wandering and other steering issues followed.

Overall, I liked the vehicle. However, the steering and the many other little issues made me question why the heck I was driving/owning this Jeep. It was good for 15k miles but than I started having issues and was visiting service department. As others have documented on this forum, they were not much help.

Anyway, I got out of the Jeep and traded it in. I could not deal with issues that kept cropping up.

Always wanted a Wrangler...I was left disappointed..
Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Because what other vehicle gives you this?

IMG_7057-X3.jpg

IMG_3921-X3.jpg

Yes, I’m sick of the steering issues and FCA, but I’ve missed the JK since my husband sold it. What other vehicle is a convertible and can get out on the trails?

OP
OP

azjluw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Can’t argue with that. Plenty of enjoyment from that standpoint.

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
Because what other vehicle gives you this?
Yes, I’m sick of the steering issues and FCA, but I’ve missed the JK since my husband sold it. What other vehicle is a convertible and can get out on the trails?
For a while, all I had was this. :LOL: But it could get me to out-of-way fishing spots, etc. Other Miata owners would make fun of my upsized tires.

DSC_1427.jpeg

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
For a while, all I had was this. :LOL: But it could get me to out-of-way fishing spots, etc. Other Miata owners would make fun of my upsized tires.

DSC_1427.jpeg
Oh I love Miatas! I had an NC and ND—fantastic cars and soooooooo fun to drive because they’re like go-carts for grownups. I called mine my three-pedal therapy because driving home after a stressful day with the top down was so fun or taking it on a twisty road and throwing it into second on a turn was a thrill.

Unfortunately my bionic knee and repaired shoulder made driving it too painful and I needed something with two pedals and more upright seating position. As I mentioned, I missed our JK and got a soft top JL to give me the convertible and off-road capabilities. I love this thing! It’s so fun in a different way. I just want this steering fixed. :angry:

IMG_0916-L.jpg

IMG_6901-XL.jpg

Sponsored

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
I owned a 2018 Wrangler JL Sport S for roughly 18 months and 18k miles. Steering was okay but after v41 recall it became an issue. Don’t know if it was related but wandering and other steering issues followed.

Overall, I liked the vehicle. However, the steering and the many other little issues made me question why the heck I was driving/owning this Jeep. It was good for 15k miles but than I started having issues and was visiting service department. As others have documented on this forum, they were not much help.

Anyway, I got out of the Jeep and traded it in. I could not deal with issues that kept cropping up.

Always wanted a Wrangler...I was left disappointed..
If I thought I could get rid of it I would. Who is gonna pay what I paid for a jeep with 7k miles on it that doesn't steer correctly. My dream is to get rid of this thing.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Hhmmmm, trade in my JL, which I love everything but the steering, take at least a $5k hit for trade in, or buy a PSC kit for $3k and install it myself. I know which route I'll take.

However I hope the Bronco absolutely destroys Wrangler sales, maybe then Jeep will get their shit together.
Sponsored