I need a CARFAX report

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
I just went to a Jeep dealer shopping for a car and they ran a carfax on my car. It showed an accident last year which is completely false. The bad car fax led to a rough negotiation over the value of the trade. It showed the car damaged on 3 of 4 quarter panels (all wrong b/c there was no accident & we were never in that state).

We went through the whole buying process and walked out because the finance woman was so rude to my wife but that’s another story.

Anyway does anyone have access to run a car fax report so I can see if the accident is actually on my car’s report?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gangplank

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
The finance people make the sales people look good.
In this case quite the opposite. We got past the lowball offer and they agreed to give us a decent value on the trade eventually. The finance woman on the other hand was rude, condescending and argumentative. We literally got up from her desk and walked out from the dealership without buying a car. We were prepared to buy two cars but not from that dealership.

TrewJL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
Anyone can run a Carfax report. it's about $30 bucks.

sticker500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I just went to a Jeep dealer shopping for a car and they ran a carfax on my car. It showed an accident last year which is completely false. I think the dealer was trying to scam me to offer a lowball trade value for my car.

We went through the whole buying process and walked out because the finance woman was so rude to my wife but that’s another story.

Anyway does anyone have access to run a car fax report so I can see if the accident is actually on my car’s report?

Thanks in advance.
Send me a PM with the VIN and I will send it to you.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
aside of the car fax report conflict. i'd find another dealership to do business with. just my opinion.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Did you get an estimate from a body shop for anything? Surprisingly I’ve seen those pop up as accident damage on a CarFax report before.

OP
OP
Gangplank

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Send me a PM with the VIN and I will send it to you.
PM sent. Appreciate it.

aside of the car fax report conflict. i'd find another dealership to do business with. just my opinion.
True, true & I agree with you.

Did you get an estimate from a body shop for anything? Surprisingly I’ve seen those pop up as accident damage on a CarFax report before.
Nope, nothing. The car hasn’t been to a body shop or dealer for anything except ordinary maintenance.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Gees..does CarFax give you the $30 back if the errors you find on the report cause CarFax to update their incorrect records on the VIN?

I think that deserves $60 back.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Gees..does CarFax give you the $30 back if the errors you find on the report cause CarFax to update their incorrect records on the VIN?

I think that deserves $60 back.
Unless you are a dealer, it’s really hard to get information removed or changed on a CarFax report.

Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Unless you are a dealer, it’s really hard to get information removed or changed on a CarFax report.
I hear you. Thanks for that 411. That said, laws should be put into place, like with credit reporting services, that formulize reporting grievances.

CarFax acts very very similar to, for example, TRW, in that it reports the credit worthiness of an asset (and the credit sought upon which the asset is part of the transaction) rather than, very similarly, a person's personal credit worthiness, like TRW reports, which judges similarly what credit should be extended.

The both rate credit worthiness.

My 2 cents.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Dealers aren’t just relying on CarFax either. Check the Experian Autocheck report for your car too if you want to make doubly sure all these come back clean.

OP
OP
Gangplank

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
CARFAX is a scam. The information is unreliable and in this case 100% wrong.

According to CARFAX my car was in an accident last year in MN. I live in FL and have never even been to MN. It says there were multiple impacts on the car. Front, passenger side, back & driver rear side, car towed, and air bags did not deploy.

I owned the car at the time and it was not involved in an accident as claimed, and was not repaired. I’ll request carfax to remove the info.

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
CARFAX is a scam. The information is unreliable and in this case 100% wrong.
According to CARFAX my car was in an accident last year in MN. I live in FL and have never even been to MN. It says there were multiple impacts on the car. Front, passenger side, back & driver rear side, car towed, and air bags did not deploy.
I owned the car at the time and it was not involved in an accident as claimed, and was not repaired. I’ll request carfax to remove the info.
Bummer. Usually CarFax errs on the side of NOT reporting things that occur, but this is somewhat unique. I suppose though, not much different than getting credit report, only to find some CC company claimed you missed a payment on a card you have never had...