Sponsored

Update: 2018-2019 JL Wrangler Timeline Schedule (2DR JL & 2.0L Delay, Powertop & Diesel Dates, Etc)

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Has it been confirmed that the 3.0 diesel is not for export? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to limit the euro market for instance where the bulk of diesels are sold, with a 2.2 diesel considering that even the JK CRD was a 2.8...
Makes a lot of sense when you think about the fact that the 2.2L MultiJet is already certified in Europe and already sold in the export Cherokee, plus it's a better fit engine for the efficiency and emissions con pcious Euros who suddently figured out the ills of diesel, late to the game.

Yet it's still a capable enough engine as it has 200HP which is more than the CRD, and it's 440NM/325lbft is just a few off the CRD Auto, and 30NM/20lbft more than the 6MT which had a detuned CRD.
Sponsored

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd
Makes a lot of sense when you think about the fact that the 2.2L MultiJet is already certified in Europe and already sold in the export Cherokee, plus it's a better fit engine for the efficiency and emissions con pcious Euros who suddently figured out the ills of diesel, late to the game.
Yet it's still a capable enough engine as it has 200HP which is more than the CRD, and it's 440NM/325lbft is just a few off the CRD Auto, and 30NM/20lbft more than the 6MT which had a detuned CRD.
Good point about the efficiency and some here will certainly agree with you, but then so is the ecodiesel in the euro grand cherokee so bringing that over should be equally easy. Also, the diesel in europe will now be the only engine line which will have slightly lower power or at best equal in some aspects (current CRD has 200hp), which in my opinion is a step back and doesn't complement a new generation wrangler. Imagine if the upgraded pentastar was to be offered in NA with even less power then the current JK, just doesn't sound right to me. Guess most here will start looking at gas engines now, I certainly will.

MLPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys JK 6M
So, if I'm reading this correctly, those of us in the U.S. and want at 4DR with the 3.6 will have it built no-later than early January? That sounds really really good (for some of us)!

Will I be able to drive my JLU in late Jan!? :)
That's my reading of it too. It looks like the hardtop JLU going into production then the soft/dual top soon after. It makes sense to me since I think the most demand will be for the 3.6 JLU with hardtop so they will want to fill up stock on those first. I'm still undecided whether to go for a 4 door this time and the delay definitely doesn't help.

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Am I reading this correctly.....if I want a JL 2door Rubicon with hard and soft top then delivery is April/May?

Sponsored

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
When do the JLU order banks open? I am assuming late September/early October if production starts 11/13 or 10/30.

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Anyone know why the 2 door is delayed? Is this how it's always been (2 door production lagging behind 4 door) or is it some first year model issues? They should share most of the parts, especially the ones that would cause the most issues I would think.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
My guess;

The unlimited outsells by a large amount, so got a big head start on the production schedule. Tooling and what-not are a huge deal, and choices have to be made.

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
Job 1 is an auto industry term used to signify the first vehicle of a new model year that comes off the assembly line so it's about when they begin production, not about ordering, shipping or deliveries.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
FCA will start with dealer intro builds. Dealers will get inventory before any custom customer builds get started at the factory.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

According to the sticky info compilation thread, the JL/JLU order bank should open Oct-Nov. So we're within 1-2 months now :dance:
We don't have updated info on order banks yet but I would guess it is going to be pushed to Nov-Dec.

Thanks for the info. Then the orders should start arriving in late November/December?
Based on the Job 1 dates, and the current 6-week lead time for JK production to delivery, I would say likely late Dec to Jan 2018.

FCA will start with dealer intro builds. Dealers will get inventory before any custom customer builds get started at the factory.
Yes initial dealer stock will begin production likely even before custom orders can be entered.
Sponsored