Sponsored

You know your dog likes your jeep when....

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Serious question - anyone have their dog jump out when the top is down/off?

I haven’t taken my boy out in the Jeep, yet, because he’s the kind of dope that would definitely do that at a stop. I’m gonna get one of those harnesses, maybe. Also, right now my Jeep is the only possession I have that isn’t covered in dog hair.

EE9ECCB4-C446-4B12-ACAA-70706476AF67.jpeg
I run a ratchet strap across 2 of the tie downs and then tie their leashes to the strap. I played around to find the right length to let them get to the edge but not over. My lab loves it when I have the top off. It traumatizes my wife's aussie but he's scared of everything. Haha

Screenshot_20191107-214328_Video Player.jpg
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
... he didn't even let me finish the dog platform before he was in.

20191022_152515.jpg

20191022_150833.jpg

20191027_144823.jpg

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
Maeve is a fan!

On this topic - have any of you found a ramp that works well with the rear seat; or more accurately, the rear door angle and opening? Maeve is 60 lbs and short, so “can’t” jump into the Jeep. My L4-L5 disc is shot, so it’s very uncomfortable to lift her into the Jeep every time...and awkward to try lifting her out of it. But almost every ramp I can find is 15” wide, which doesn’t work on a JLU.

5F0FF980-AAA4-4D7B-825C-BB238EF7FDE9.jpeg

Sponsored

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Thank you; I've seen that one too. Steps, ramps, elevators, lift platforms, hot air balloons all have no width problems for the cargo area. I'm trying to get something that successfully fits into the rear side doors! :(
Hot air balloons :LOL::LOL:

A ramp for the backseat would be great for a 4-door for sure. We would have loved one when we had our JKUR—especially if it went up to the seat. We had a hammock for the seat and it was perfect for the doodle.

Cure4Jen

First Name
Jen & Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Serious question - anyone have their dog jump out when the top is down/off?

I haven’t taken my boy out in the Jeep, yet, because he’s the kind of dope that would definitely do that at a stop. I’m gonna get one of those harnesses, maybe. Also, right now my Jeep is the only possession I have that isn’t covered in dog hair.

EE9ECCB4-C446-4B12-ACAA-70706476AF67.jpeg
I have friends whose English bulldog jumps out of their sedan when the windows are down... used the same system: crash rated harness like Kurgo and attached strap From harness to either the rear center seatbelt or around the front passenger headrest- depending on your seat configuration both options should keep safely inside.

Cure4Jen

First Name
Jen & Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Maeve is a fan!

On this topic - have any of you found a ramp that works well with the rear seat; or more accurately, the rear door angle and opening? Maeve is 60 lbs and short, so “can’t” jump into the Jeep. My L4-L5 disc is shot, so it’s very uncomfortable to lift her into the Jeep every time...and awkward to try lifting her out of it. But almost every ramp I can find is 15” wide, which doesn’t work on a JLU.

5F0FF980-AAA4-4D7B-825C-BB238EF7FDE9.jpeg
Equestrian mounting block works great for my sister’s Great Dane. He only uses the mounting steps to enter/exit her jku. Her Alaskan Malamute also prefers the steps to jumping. My goldador wasn’t trained to use the step rail, my Xterra and now my jlus, even when he joins the pack in her jku (2 step rather than the much larger and more expensive 3 step) can find at any feed supply store, or equestrian store, or maybe even amazon.

Sponsored

Cure4Jen

First Name
Jen & Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Wife has some say and she has her breeds that she won't do, and she has basically said she doesn't want to go through puppy stage. I don;t blame her, as it is a lot of work, and we don't want to turn having a dog into a learning lesson for our 6 year old son.

With the current stipulations it makes it hard to narrow down what to look for.
We help out with a rescue and their sister rescue down south. we also have a labrador rescue nearby. Key with the rescue route is to have a lifestyle and a dog’s demeanor in mind- and also has to be kid durable basically bomb proof. You want a dog that is not wound up with visitors and is or can be well socialized. Bring some treats and toys with you as well as a leash and ask if you and your humans can meet the dog solo in a quiet controlled area- most shelters have a room or a yard. Ideally you want to work with a rescue that fosters all it’s available dogs- we recently took in a lab mix from hurricane Dorrian, had him for 3 weeks before his forever family adopted him. He was already potty trained.. with love and treats as his reward, he blew through obedience and beginner agility, loved his Great Dane, malamute, MinPin and my black goldador housemates and their humans too. Learned to behave and love riding in the Jeep too!

Baddog2020

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
DBB2E137-6BA7-46A4-8389-A79B1EA8C785.png

From Amazon. Now on sale for 59 bucks. Quick to deploy and store when done.