HELP!! Rough country 2.5" lift w/springs and shocks

Jkk8630

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I just did the lift, kind of a pain but everything is secured in there tight and correctly per install instructions and getting second opinions.

The issue I have is my car is leaning heavily to the drivers rear side. The spring is compressed about 2 inches more than the other ones. The shocks were weird going in too...had to jack up the rear alot to where the car was coming off the lift in order to get the shocks into place.

What I'm wondering is did anyone else have this issue? This is my first jeep and my first lift kit. I've always had cars and lowered them not lifted them...lol
I called rough country and they said they would send me another coil to replace it since it looks like the coil itself is compressing too much.
The passenger side had no issues with the compression and is lifted fine just like the other sides except for the drivers rear.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Sponsored

Kcooks12

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ
Take some pictures and share. I'd measure each spring and see how much variance there is. Then confirm all springs are fully seated in their mounts. Typically shocks don't require you to jack anything up? You can just compress them by hand and fit them in, was the spring giving you issues on the rear? I also wonder if somehow the front/rear got mixed up with left/right (installed both fronts on driver side and both rears on passenger side).

I've never had this issue but maybe it is just a detective spring. Good luck with it!

OP
OP

Jkk8630

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Even looking at the factory ones the longer springs look like they go in the front. As far as the shocks go I was thinking that but the only thing I haven't checked yet was the part numbers for them. I just got the part numbers so I'm going to see if they mistakenly sent me shocks for a 0-1" lift instead for the rears. Front shocks all I had to do was compress to get them in.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Something sounds seriously jacked up (pun intended). Definitely need some pics to help you figure it out.
Sponsored