Sponsored

Salesperson question - credit for sale on a custom order?

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
Quick question for any jeep salespeople on the forum.

When do you get credit for the sale of a custom order? I would assume at the time of delivery and payment, but I wanted to confirm.

I ask trying to figure out if there is a best time of the year/month to order. Based on my assumption above though, no-one will bargain more or less dependent on when you order because it is not a done sale until you pay.

Meaning, it is wrong to use a strategy of waiting to order in December in an attempt to find the best bargain from a salesmen wanting to close the deal and earn the income that year.
Sponsored

2k6_tx_Dad

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR 6sp
I don't think you'll have to play those games when purchasing your new Jeep. With all the information available on the internet, and this forum you're starting from a much better place.

I believe the best price you are going to get for your Jeep is 8% under invoice (with tread lightly), no matter the time of year.

I contacted a local dealer via email, their internet sales person. I said I was looking to order a Jeep and that I prepared to look nationally for the best price. He responded "what would it take to earn your business", I replied "If I can get 7% under invoice, I won't look elsewhere" They agreed even before I set foot in the dealer.

I visited the dealer, did a couple test drives, looked at some differently optioned JL and put together my order. I knew what the invoice price was of each option/package and the order I signed had the price I was expecting, easy.

OP
OP
agarber5687

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think you'll have to play those games when purchasing your new Jeep. With all the information available on the internet, and this forum you're starting from a much better place.

I believe the best price you are going to get for your Jeep is 8% under invoice (with tread lightly), no matter the time of year.

I contacted a local dealer via email, their internet sales person. I said I was looking to order a Jeep and that I prepared to look nationally for the best price. He responded "what would it take to earn your business", I replied "If I can get 7% under invoice, I won't look elsewhere" They agreed even before I set foot in the dealer.

I visited the dealer, did a couple test drives, looked at some differently optioned JL and put together my order. I knew what the invoice price was of each option/package and the order I signed had the price I was expecting, easy.
I think you are right but I was still considering trying to time the order to get the deal I want locally rather than traveling.

The best I have found within what I consider driving distance is 6% below invoice from Superior in Conway, Arkansas. My hope is to at least get 5% locally in StL with this as my basis (the best initial StL quotes were only ~2% below invoice). I had planned to wait until late December but the more I think about it, I don't think the timing will affect anything.

Berg Bua

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punkn Willys

Below invoice = below window sticker?

OP
OP
agarber5687

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Below invoice = below window sticker?
Yes, invoice is less than the MSRP, AKA sticker price. Most people on this forum target a 6% or more below invoice, which equates to around 10% or more under MSRP.

Sponsored

2k6_tx_Dad

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR 6sp

MinerSteve

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram Rebel
I think you are right but I was still considering trying to time the order to get the deal I want locally rather than traveling.

The best I have found within what I consider driving distance is 6% below invoice from Superior in Conway, Arkansas. My hope is to at least get 5% locally in StL with this as my basis (the best initial StL quotes were only ~2% below invoice). I had planned to wait until late December but the more I think about it, I don't think the timing will affect anything.
Austin,
I am a salesman for Jim Butler CDJR in Linn, MO. We discount our Wranglers substantially. Send me an email on what equipment you want. We will be at 5% or more.

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Not sure how they are with trades, but Superior was very pleasant to deal with no BS whatsoever or additional fees other than a buck 30 doc fee

Sponsored

threejeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Acura MDX
I asked this when trying to close a deal at the end of September. They get credit when you take delivery. So ordering at months end or December isn’t really advantageous.

I was trying to get a local dealer to match an aggressive under invoice price from out of state at the time.

OP
OP
agarber5687

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked this when trying to close a deal at the end of September. They get credit when you take delivery. So ordering at months end or December isn’t really advantageous.

I was trying to get a local dealer to match an aggressive under invoice price from out of state at the time.
Thanks, that was my assumption.

Not much luck locally in StL but an easy 3-6 hour drive is getting me the deals I am looking for. Still narrowing it down but hopefully ordering soon.

Kid6725

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JGC 2015 Chevy 2500HD
Thanks, that was my assumption.

Not much luck locally in StL but an easy 3-6 hour drive is getting me the deals I am looking for. Still narrowing it down but hopefully ordering soon.
Have you tried
Laura Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram? Their prices look good on auto trader I've never dealt with them though
I do have a friend who bought a GMC truck from their GMC dealership and he got a good deal there and said it was easy no haggling because it was the best deal he could find.

OP
OP
agarber5687

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried
Laura Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram? Their prices look good on auto trader I've never dealt with them though
I do have a friend who bought a GMC truck from their GMC dealership and he got a good deal there and said it was easy no haggling because it was the best deal he could find.

I tried 3 times to get a sales agents emails through their site and no one ever replied, so I moved on.