ColoJLRubi

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I looked up the mirrors. Looks like you have to figure out a way to mount them since they're not really made specifically for a vehicle. Looking closely at the picture, it looks like they removed the stock mirror and added some sort of post to mount it. Probably not the best long-term solution
I think you just remove the stock mirror from the post and slide those on the post and tighten the screws on the clamp. I like those a lot. Much cleaner then having light pods and bars all over the front of the jeep. I’m just not sure how much of a nightmare the wiring would be
Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think you just remove the stock mirror from the post and slide those on the post and tighten the screws on the clamp. I like those a lot. Much cleaner then having light pods and bars all over the front of the jeep. I’m just not sure how much of a nightmare the wiring would be
I definitely think the wiring would be a pain but the functionality would be pretty cool.

My concerns about the overall mod are from this picture (below). It looks sloppy the way the original mirror mount is left. See the damage on the top? If I'm considering putting this on my Jeep, I'd want a cleaner overall look

hauk-designs-jlu-wrangler-build-sema-2019-20-jpg.jpg

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Hauk always makes great customs, like the Rock Rat and the Bomber Jeep.

A few of the things on there are stuff they sell - like the bumpers, sliders, and snorkel. (And I agree with previous comments about the bolts on their sliders. I feel the same way about the bolts on their bumpers. I guess to the right person, they look cool. But without an actual function, I'm not a fan.)

The rest of it is them showcasing their customization and fabrication skills - which are amazing. I view those for what I think they're intended to be - the art of the craft.

I think the Rigid mirrors are a cool concept (though not a new one), and they look pretty good. But for me - if I'm going to have mirrors that attach to the door, then I wanted them power actuated and heated. (Frost happens.) And I'd rather not put that kind of effort and / or money into a part that's going to be off of my rig most of the time anyway.

All in all, I think it's a fun build. 20% functional. But a fun build all the same.

porkchop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR / Billet / Teraflex ST2 / Icon Shocks
The sliders have bolts on there for additional attachments. They haven’t released yet. One is a smooth rail attachment.

Sponsored

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
I definitely think the wiring would be a pain but the functionality would be pretty cool.

My concerns about the overall mod are from this picture (below). It looks sloppy the way the original mirror mount is left. See the damage on the top? If I'm considering putting this on my Jeep, I'd want a cleaner overall look

hauk-designs-jlu-wrangler-build-sema-2019-20-jpg.jpg
Yeah. Cool idea, but sloppy execution. I wonder if the mount could be shortened a bit, and raised to mimic the normal position.

ColoJLRubi

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
The sliders have bolts on there for additional attachments. They haven’t released yet. One is a smooth rail attachment.
This is correct. Kenny Hauk called me personally a couple weeks ago before I pulled the trigger on his rails. He said the steps would be out after the first of the year.

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
Anyone know what fog lights these are? Looks like they *might just* fit in the same location on my Roam bumper.
B6816140-0137-4457-8D3F-B7324E0B0A03.png

Sponsored

porkchop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR / Billet / Teraflex ST2 / Icon Shocks
They come with their front bumper.