Sponsored

What's the longest trip you've ever taken on your Wrangler?

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover
IMG_0371.JPG
About 6500 miles from UK into Morocco, Western Sahara and Mauritania. Absolutely no back up in the latter, probably the only Wrangler in the country.....
Had the JK squeaky water pump but that was the only thing, never missed a beat:)
Sponsored

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Awesome advice, I kinda figured west side was rough. Most likely I would cross East since it's closer to Illinois, so Nuevo Leon. I have Statefarm and Gap insurance. Not sure if GAP works in other countries tho
I think what we're suggesting is that State Farm will not cover you at all in Mexico. Wouldn't surprise me if they would just drop you if they found out, even if no incident occurred. State Farm is very careful who they provide coverage to.

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I did Norfolk, VA to San Diego and back in a 2010 Unlimited and then Norfolk to China Lake, CA and back in a 2014 2 door, no issues. I love Jeep road trips. I've driven the JL from Knoxville to Jacksonville, FL and it was like driving a Grand Cherokee.

Sponsored

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
IMG_0371.JPG
About 6500 miles from UK into Morocco, Western Sahara and Mauritania. Absolutely no back up in the latter, probably the only Wrangler in the country.....
Had the JK squeaky water pump but that was the only thing, never missed a beat:)
Good God that's awesome

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I did Norfolk, VA to San Diego and back in a 2010 Unlimited and then Norfolk to China Lake, CA and back in a 2014 2 door, no issues. I love Jeep road trips. I've driven the JL from Knoxville to Jacksonville, FL and it was like driving a Grand Cherokee.

Oh that drive from Norfolk to Ca I’ve done that twice as well. Not in a Jeep so that’s good to hear that the long distant drives are not bad in the Jeep. I’ve been curious about that, no more cross country trips for me but I do drive a bit now for Hunting. Last year took the Silverado up to Idaho for elk hunting, so never having taken a Jeep on a long distance drive I’m glad to hear it’s not a miserable experience.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Personally I wouldn’t travel into Mexico in anything other than an MRAP... ;)

All kidding aside, we’ve done several road trips in our JK. While not the most luxious ride in the world it wasn’t all that bad. We’ve traveled to North Carolina, Florida, Colorado and Moab twice.

The map below shows our various travels. Dark red was in our JK, bright red was in our Grand Cherokee, orange was in our Ram and blue was in our Tahoe.

28515203_1976469675701383_5532268645396888494_o.jpg

Sponsored

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
another huge benefit is their legal representation, which in most events keeps you out of jail until things are figured out or just makes the process so much better.
Exactly why I hate going to Mexico.

I t-boned a car at an intersection with no stop signs. Street was the same size both ways. I got written up and thrown into the clink until my insurance rep (via AmEx) came to write a settlement check. While waiting in the dirt hole cell, the lady I t-boned had about 20 of her family members show up at the police station and really put on a show. Non stop crying. It reminded me of soccer players who fake being hurt. Same thing. Anyway, he wrote her a hand written check on the spot and I was released from jail. Basically the polar opposite of what happens when a foreigner gets into a car wreck in the US (why I love uninsured motorists coverage). I loathe Mexico.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Exactly why I hate going to Mexico.

I t-boned a car at an intersection with no stop signs. Street was the same size both ways. I got written up and thrown into the clink until my insurance rep (via AmEx) came to write a settlement check. While waiting in the dirt hole cell, the lady I t-boned had about 20 of her family members show up at the police station and really put on a show. Non stop crying. It reminded me of soccer players who fake being hurt. Same thing. Anyway, he wrote her a hand written check on the spot and I was released from jail. Basically the polar opposite of what happens when a foreigner gets into a car wreck in the US (why I love uninsured motorists coverage). I loathe Mexico.
Apparently this kind of thing happens in China as well as other places. Gotta really sell it to get that fat undeserved settlement...

I hate shitty cultures. I like cultures that reward integrity and hard work, instead of those that favor cowardice, cheating and lying.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently this kind of thing happens in China as well as other places. Gotta really sell it to get that fat undeserved settlement...

I hate shitty cultures. I like cultures that reward integrity and hard work, instead of those that favor cowardice, cheating and lying.
Unfortunately, our culture is headed that way. In the express lane.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
"Longest" trip ever take in a Wrangler:

The one to your dealership around the corner when your trusted mechanic there first talks to you on the phone about a series of problems you're having and says, "you better bring it in right away, this sounds serious...wait....do you need a tow?"

Sorry, couldn't resists.

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Not to get into a whole "thing" but my business takes me into Mexico all the time. Don't go in a Jeep. They are the single most sought after vehicle for the Cartels and Coyotes. Oh, you won't be killed btw. Kidnapping is currently the second most lucrative business after drugs. Have a great K&R policy and let Allstate call my company if you go. Really though, just don't do it.
Sponsored