19 Rubicon Mopar 2”Lift vs 2” Leveling Kit

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Me too. Thanks. It sucks having back problems. It has really slowed me down over the past few years. No more MX bikes, atv's, even my Hemi TJ just sits...

Rock Slide plus skid plate added. They have taken a pretty good hit. No problems.

https://pixeldecals.com/shop/ has all the good vinyl stuff. I was looking at doing the fender vent too.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Me too. Thanks. It sucks having back problems. It has really slowed me down over the past few years. No more MX bikes, atv's, even my Hemi TJ just sits...

Rock Slide plus skid plate added. They have taken a pretty good hit. No problems.

https://pixeldecals.com/shop/ has all the good vinyl stuff. I was looking at doing the fender vent too.

I know the feeling my friend, I have a bad back as well, not as bad as yours by the sounds of it but it’s getting there. I was wondering why your step wasn’t sitting flush but it’s probably because of the skid plate

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Love it, did you go with vampire or hot rod red?

Sponsored

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
For me the full mopar lift was worth every cent, the shocks and spings were transformative. Ride quality and general feel was substantially better.
Off road performance was also improved to a point where I wondered if the obstacles were as bad as I remembered them only a month earlier.

If all you want is a little lift for tires, that's fine but there ARE benefits to doing the full upgrade, especially if you're doing the work yourself.

Last edited:

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me the full mopar lift was worth every cent, the shocks and springs were transformative. Ride quality and general feel was substantially better.
Off road performance was also improved to a point where I wondered if the obstacles were as bad as I remembered them only a month earlier.
I would agree with this. Just if you suffer from back problems and it's your daily driver beware. I have seen a few post lately looking for "plush ride". Buyer understand any lift spring is going to be firmer.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I would agree with this. Just if you suffer from back problems and it's your daily driver beware. I have seen a few post lately looking for "plush ride". Buyer understand any lift spring is going to be firmer.
If my back was as bad as yours I probably wouldn’t have chosen a Rubicon as my daily, especially if I drove a lot.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in stock form, I'm ok. It comes down to taking pain pills or not. Prefer not to.
I'm having a hard time giving up my toys.

DSC_0891.JPG

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
in stock form, I'm ok. It comes down to taking pain pills or not. Prefer not to.
I'm having a hard time giving up my toys.

DSC_0891.JPG
I love the Borah wheels!! I had a set in galaxy black that I just sold, I didn’t like the offset but they were beautiful Wheels. What recovery hooks are those underneath the front bumper?

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really, did not like the offset. You like the wide stance look. I do too, but the WSP like's to pull us over for mud flaps and uncover tire. We have to keep them tucked in. I have the rings color matched now. No pic's yet.

Maximus-3 for the D-ring. I like them, well attached to the frame.

DSC_0103.JPG

HeavyMetalFox

First Name
Chic-ette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon Edition
Occupation
RMT
I thought the look was great and it drove ok. But the factory Rubi shocks and springs were no match for the increased height and the 40lbs weight increase at each corner from my new tire/wheel set up. I read enough about the Mopar lift to know it wasn’t even close to a real 2” lift, much more like an actual 3.5” lift. With that said I didn’t have any surprises because I New what I was getting myself into. I knew I would need adjustable track bars to re center my axles and adjustable control arms to dial in caster and pinion angle. I went with all 8 arms, a little overkill if you ask me, but my OCD wasn’t allowing my to get just the front lowers. Anyway, the ride is slightly firmer but it handles so much better, that was an even trade off.
Thank you for this informative response. I’m also considering this lift but heard it’s very firm and when trail riding feels like you are bottoming out on holes because it hits so hard. How does it feel on the bumps?

HeavyMetalFox

First Name
Chic-ette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon Edition
Occupation
RMT
I have been down this road. Both Mopar lift and spacer lift.
A big question you need to ask yourself, do you suffer from any back pain. I have rheumatoid arthritis and my back is getting worse as time goes on.

The Spacer lift works and rides just as factory ride. The limits are on the shock length, you can go to shock extenders, but the stroke of the shorter shock is still limited. Next would be to get shocks for a 2 lift. Hope you find one that rides like factory ( soft ).

Mopar Lift. We all know it needs spring pads, track bars. added cost. It rides very good off road and handles heavier tires and wheels. The street ride is firm on small bumps in the road. This is what has me removing the mopar lift. My back is killing me. It's not a bad ride, it's just me and my health.
I have turned to Accutune comfort springs and Fox 2.0 LSC's. That is the closest to stock ride as I have found.

I'm in the middle of going back to the spacers with JT fox shocks to test out. I really want the lift but my back is not happy as a daily driver.
Thank you for this. That firm ride is what Im hearing about that turns me off. Appreciate hearing some real world users with honest reviews. My JLUR is my daily driver and on long trips. I still want it to be comfortable.
Sponsored