Sponsored

Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70r17 on my Sport S (Nighthawk)

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Had these put on Nighthawk this afternoon! Huge upgrade over the factory tires, they look super aggressive but are still surprisingly quiet and smooth on the road. I haven't gone back to my dealer to update the computer yet so I'm sure the speedo is a few miles off. The Jeep still feels plenty peppy and powerful even with the larger tire and I have no apparent rubbing at full turn although I have yet to flex her fully. Lift will most likely be the next upgrade, you can follow the journey over on Instagram @NighthawkJLU

Joe

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG
Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Looks much better! I still say keep the wheels they look perfect because they match the body.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Looks awesome by the way!! Are you happy with the road noise and handling??
Get them!! I’m telling you they are quieter than the factory Goodyear tires, I was insanely impressed and they look badass. More aggressive than KO2s.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Both of you guys... these new tires look awesome!!! I've been on the fence about whether to get a Sport S or a Rubicon, but now I'm really leaning toward the Sport S with bigger tires. Love it. Are these 33-inch tires?
Yes!! Join the sport club!! The exact size of the tire is 285/70r17.

Don’t get me wrong the Rubicon is amazing, but with the options I wanted I was able to get mine for about $8,000 less. I will end up putting that money into things like tires, lift, etc. but the process of upgrading and customizing is half the fun. The Rubi is definitely a great value if you want everything ready to go hit the rocks off the lot, but I’m very happy with my decision on the Sport!

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Get them!! I’m telling you they are quieter than the factory Goodyear tires, I was insanely impressed and they look badass. More aggressive than KO2s.
Done! I actually saw mine are the Terra grappler but still same size. I’m not planning on getting a lift but the place I’m getting the tires from specializes in Jeep mods and felt this was the biggest I could get away with without a lift :fingerscrossed: I Have LEDs being installed tomorrow, too :angel:
Enjoy, looks awesome, definitely pushed me over the edge to purchase!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Done! I actually saw mine are the Terra grappler but still same size. I’m not planning on getting a lift but the place I’m getting the tires from specializes in Jeep mods and felt this was the biggest I could get away with without a lift :fingerscrossed: I Have LEDs being installed tomorrow, too :angel:
Enjoy, looks awesome, definitely pushed me over the edge to purchase!
Nice!! If you don’t mind my asking how much are you paying for the LEDs? Would love to see pictures when you are done!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am planning on doing the same thing. Ordered the same wheels and going to exact same size tires as you. Thoughts on KO2 versus these tires?

OP
OP
Strifeborn

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
I am planning on doing the same thing. Ordered the same wheels and going to exact same size tires as you. Thoughts on KO2 versus these tires?
I don't think you can go wrong with either! I parked next to my buddy's Rubicon with the KO2s in the same size and the Nittos definitely look slightly more aggressive. In all of my research I have also heard that they perform almost as well as a Mud Terrain in snow, mud, sand, etc. because of the slightly wider tunnels in the tread. Because they are the same price I went back and forth a few times and ended up with the Nittos maybe partially because I wanted to be different than all the Rubicons rolling around ha!

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
I don't think you can go wrong with either! I parked next to my buddy's Rubicon with the KO2s in the same size and the Nittos definitely look slightly more aggressive. In all of my research I have also heard that they perform almost as well as a Mud Terrain in snow, mud, sand, etc. because of the slightly wider tunnels in the tread. Because they are the same price I went back and forth a few times and ended up with the Nittos maybe partially because I wanted to be different than all the Rubicons rolling around ha!
The guy I was working said they are pretty much the same and agreed you can’t go wrong with either! The Nittos I got were cheaper and they price matched so I went with those
Sponsored