Sponsored

SEMA starts tommorow, anyone looking for any interesting releases?

baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 2019
Anyone got their eye out for specific developments at SEMA?
Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
I'm interested to see how many accessories you can mount to the bed rack of a Gladiator, what the biggest wheels you can fit on a Gladiator are, and how big of a tire you can mount on a Gladiator with stock axles.

Sponsored

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
I hope at least 5,000 angry JL owners and BOLT LOCK vendors/dealers attack the BOLT LOCK booth and demand that they immediately manufacture and ship the Bolt JL hood lock that they introduced at LAST YEARS SEMA and finally put it in their catalog in about June of '19 and had their vendors start "pre-selling" them shortly thereafter. To date, they have done nothing but make excuses as to why they haven't released them yet and they keep setting release dates and when the date gets here, they simply move it forward another month. I now see that some vendors are now saying December. This is a really bad business practice and for everyone that has ordered and paid for theirs three plus months ago, they should provide them for free once (and If) they ever do actually manufacture them.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I hope at least 5,000 angry JL owners and BOLT LOCK vendors/dealers attack the BOLT LOCK booth and demand that they immediately manufacture and ship the Bolt JL hood lock that they introduced at LAST YEARS SEMA and finally put it in their catalog in about June of '19 and had their vendors start "pre-selling" them shortly thereafter. To date, they have done nothing but make excuses as to why they haven't released them yet and they keep setting release dates and when the date gets here, they simply move it forward another month. I now see that some vendors are now saying December. This is a really bad business practice and for everyone that has ordered and paid for theirs three plus months ago, they should provide them for free once (and If) they ever do actually manufacture them.
I pre-ordered mine back in early August. I emailed Bolt a few times asking for updates on the release. Each time (for the last 3 months) I get the same response "very soon." My definition and Bolt's definition of "very soon" is very different.

Sponsored

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
I pre-ordered mine back in early August. I emailed Bolt a few times asking for updates on the release. Each time (for the last 3 months) I get the same response "very soon." My definition and Bolt's definition of "very soon" is very different.
In September I actually spoke to Jason Buckles at Bolt, the sales account manager who is like their head marketing guy (he was in the video from SEMA last year demonstrating the JL hood lock and some other new items they were introducing). He admitted that the reason that they can't get their locks manufactured is because they are also manufacturing Mopar's locks and every time that the BOLT lock is set for a manufacturing run, they get bumped by an order from Mopar. That being said, he still told me that they should have theirs in production in October (which obviously didn't happen). Quadratec is still showing 11/6/19 as their ship date but I'm sure that will soon change. Summit Racing is now showing 12/2/19 as their ship date. Since BOLT's lock will allow you to remove the key in the unlocked position, I'm determined to wait for theirs, but I'm still quite frustrated and upset with their inability to stick to their word.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
In September I actually spoke to Jason Buckles at Bolt, the sales account manager who is like their head marketing guy (he was in the video from SEMA last year demonstrating the JL hood lock and some other new items they were introducing). He admitted that the reason that they can't get their locks manufactured is because they are also manufacturing Mopar's locks and every time that the BOLT lock is set for a manufacturing run, they get bumped by an order from Mopar. That being said, he still told me that they should have theirs in production in October (which obviously didn't happen). Quadratec is still showing 11/6/19 as their ship date but I'm sure that will soon change. Summit Racing is now showing 12/2/19 as their ship date. Since BOLT's lock will allow you to remove the key in the unlocked position, I'm determined to wait for theirs, but I'm still quite frustrated and upset with their inability to stick to their word.
Thanks for the info. The ability to remove the key in the unlock position, is the only reason I'm waiting on Bolt.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I hope we'll see JL (2 door) accessories, particularly hard top side window sliders, affordable boat side Rock Rails, tonneau covers, roadster soft tops, One Touch Sky Top...