Rubicon vs sport suspension height?

Cracker_Box

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Just install my Rubicon takeoff suspension on my 2019 2dr 6spd. soft top.
Got springs 61/62 and 91/92.

Came out to 2"s exactly. And I also installed the Mopar longer LCA's, I got them from my dealer for $40 each.

I work for an Audi Dealership as a tech so I decided to see what the LCA's would do by them selves on my stock suspension, turns out not much.

Install the Rubicon stuff and aligned it again and my caster is still below spec. So looks like I'm gonna drive for a bit and see how it does then maybe order some adjustable LCAs

Before and after. (After on top)
PhotoGrid_1567895792557.jpg

Alignment spec before installing Rubicon suspension and with the LCAs
20190907_173800.jpg

After Rubicon suspension and alignment
20190907_173817.jpg
Sponsored

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
So what all would you say is the sweet spot. The Rubi little and lcas?

rawgeezy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL UNLIMITED
Good question. Not sure, I had dealer install Rubicon suspension.
What was the cost for the dealer to do the job? I just bought a rubicon suspension and not sure if I should take it to the dealer or another mechanic

Fourthandlong5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I did the swap this weekend (JL Sport S Unlimited) from stock springs, LCA's, and shocks to JL Rubocon springs and shocks along with the aftermarket longer Mopar LCA's.

I will say none of it was terribly hard but for me it took much longer than I expected. Removing the LCA’s was a huge PITA and one of them started to strip so I will need a shop to do swap it for me.

The rear went smoothly, I would say it took me about 45 mins to an hour per rear corner but a good 2+ hours per front corner. Yes I was being meticulous and taking my time, but with jack stands and hand tools it can take awhile.

Again nothing hard about it but when people say this is a 2-3 hour job they either have a lift and power tools or an extra set of hands. Or they have done this before.

I would guess it took me a solid 7+ hours. Will post some pictures soon.

In terms of ride quality, I also added larger wheels and tires and true AT tires, but I was able to drive my Jeep on the stock suspension with the new wheels and tires prior to the Rubicon suspension upgrade:
- I really did not notice any major difference in ride quality on normal streets. Seems about the same
- I did take it up to 70+mph several times and zero death wobble
- It seems to handle some limited offroad testing really well. I would say better than stock, the suspension is very smooth over rough terrain

I am very happy I went this route for the price. The height is perfect and I like the look much better. Pics coming soon. Been raining a lot here!
How about those pictures Thill444 ???

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Hey all, I read through this whole thread and may have missed it but I'm hoping to find the part numbers for the springs from a JLUR with hardtop, tow group and steel bumpers

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

No Huli

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 , 03 Rubicon, 2020 JLUR
I have a complete 2020 JLUR takeoff suspension available in Reno NV if anyone is interested.
IMG_2708.jpg

P00lshark5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Hey all , I just picked up a rubi suspension with rubi LCA's, I was wondering if I still need to buy the Mopar lift LCA's or if I can just throw the rubi ones in and call it a day? If I keep the rubi LCA's in what will that do vs getting the extended ones? I'm installing the suspension with teraflex .5" level this weekend , I don't drive it much, just on weekends so if I need to order the LCA's thats not a problem but I'm doing this to save money! Thanks in advanced!

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all , I just picked up a rubi suspension with rubi LCA's, I was wondering if I still need to buy the Mopar lift LCA's or if I can just throw the rubi ones in and call it a day? If I keep the rubi LCA's in what will that do vs getting the extended ones? I'm installing the suspension with teraflex .5" level this weekend , I don't drive it much, just on weekends so if I need to order the LCA's thats not a problem but I'm doing this to save money! Thanks in advanced!
The LCAs will add caster which you will lose with the lift. If you're happy with your steering after the lift, then no need for them.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The Rubicon LCAs are no different than the ones you have. Get the lift LCAs to get a little more caster.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
What word said. I got the Mopar LCAs. The additional caster made the steering better.

BlackoutJLU

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I just had Rubicon take off springs and shocks, mopar lower control arms, and teraflex 1.5 in spacer leveling kit installed on my sport s. Seems to have lifted a little over 3in all the way around. Rides a good bit firmer but it drivers and tracks straight. So far I am very happy. My 35s are ordered, but not here yet, so it looks kind of funny on the stock wheels and tires.

I will get a real lift later on and move to 37s, but for now, this is perfect.

James
After riding on the 35’s a few months how is your set up? Any scraping on or off road?
I am thinking of doing the same set up. I’m wondering if the 1.5 inch spacers were enough for full articulation with the 35’s. Would 0.5 inch spacers be enough?
Sponsored