Permanent Change Idea with Tazer and Flashcal

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Just read this thread and there is a large ethical question that comes up: why would you want to allow more than one person to use an item only intended and sold under the assumption that the end user ONLY would use it?

IMHO this ranks right up there with software theft. Sure, lots of people do it, but the rest of us pay for it. Think about it for a minute: Z Automotive is a sponsor here, that helps us and costs them $$. Z Automotive is constantly upgrading their product by testing and doing R&D, more $$$. Z Automotive actually helps folk on this and other sites, personally, and they spend time explaining, offering help and other things. Time = money.

So now a bunch of folk use 1 Tazer. That cuts into the operating margin of Z Automotive. They raise prices. Makes the tuner more expensive for the buyer who wants to do the right thing and buy the tuner for themselves.

Just my $.02
Much appreciated.

Keep in mind, if everyone shared a Tazer around, there would be no reason to make, support, move forward with the project.

There always a way to buck the system, sure. Just keep in mind someone out there is at the receiving end of the scams.
Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Aftermarket support, if anything, helps FCA to sell more jeeps, not less.
Part of the reason I bought a JL and traded in my JK was because of the features the Tazer unlocks! I no longer had to have DIY hot wired lockers, an DIY ESC override switch, a “factory” front facing camera.
Sponsored