Sponsored

Off road pages after 7” to 8.4” upgrade?

JLMOPARMAN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon
I upgraded my 7” radio to an 8.4”. Added the LTE antenna and all is working well with on exception, I can’t get the off road pages to load. I’ve rebooted several times and even changed the splash screen to “rubicon” to see if that would trigger it with no luck. Anyone have any advice or suggestions?
Sponsored

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I did not get the off road pages when I replaced my 7" with the 8.4". Maybe, if you can get your dealer to add the 8.4" to your VIN? Mine would not do it. No support from FCA for this either.

will0861

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Unlimited Willys
I upgraded my 7” radio to an 8.4”. Added the LTE antenna and all is working well with on exception, I can’t get the off road pages to load. I’ve rebooted several times and even changed the splash screen to “rubicon” to see if that would trigger it with no luck. Anyone have any advice or suggestions?
I'm considering upgrading from the 7inch to the 8.4 screen. Are you happy with the upgrade? Do you suggest the LTE upgrade also?

Thanks

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
If you want a bigger screen go for it any other reason than that don't bother

will0861

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want a bigger screen go for it any other reason than that don't bother
That's kind of what I figured. I'm bummed that I did't catch on that CarPlay is so small on the 7 inch screen. Why Jeep chose to implement this differently than every other can brand is beyond me. If they fix the small car play display, then I won't do the upgrade.

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m probably going to sell the 8.4 I bought and get the alpine even though it’s insanely expensive

will0861

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m probably going to sell the 8.4 I bought and get the alpine even though it’s insanely expensive
Which Alpine are you looking at? If you’re looking to sell that 8.4 let me know.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which Alpine are you looking at? If you’re looking to sell that 8.4 let me know.
There is only one that fits the JL but it’s insanely expensive not sure if I want to spend the $$$$
Sponsored