I got my VIN and Build Sheet, now what?

Docjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler, Lexus, Tiffin, Chaparral
Ok so what is next? How long usually? I am getting excited about my new Jeep!!

THANKS for any information or comments.

Joe
Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Ok so what is next? How long usually? I am getting excited about my new Jeep!!

THANKS for any information or comments.

Joe
If you are not already doing this, you can check your order status at: https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/knowledge

This is not an automated portal; you must hit the chat button and chat with an FCA rep who will give you the status of your build. Be sure and ask for the alphanumeric code; if you don't, they may just give you a "canned response".

Also, be aware that after your build is past KZ status, you will have to rely on your dealer for Traffic (shipping) info.

Since you already have your build sheet, your build may already be far along in the process, but in case you would like to see them, here's a partial list of the alphanumeric codes (just some build-related ones):

D - firm schedule, serial number assigned
D1 - gateline; unit sequenced for production, estimated ship date assigned
E - framing
F - paint
G - trim
I - unit built, pending final inspection
J - passed final inspection
JB - sent to body vendor
JE - sent to emissions
JJ - assigned to body vendor
JS - sent to storage
KZ - released by plant and invoiced :party:

Also, FYI, KZ + additional letters and/or numbers are the “traffic” (shipping/other disposition) codes.

Timing is highly variable...mine was about 5 weeks overall, with shipping being about 19 days of that.

OP
OP
Docjoe

Docjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler, Lexus, Tiffin, Chaparral
Thank you Lateapex, that was most helpful. Mine is now in 'body vendor' and that takes '3 to 5 days' and then they'll have a shipping date. Any idea what 'body vendor' means? Seems like secret code to me.

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Thank you Lateapex, that was most helpful. Mine is now in 'body vendor' and that takes '3 to 5 days' and then they'll have a shipping date. Any idea what 'body vendor' means? Seems like secret code to me.
No secret code...FCA uses outside vendors to install some options and/or accessories on Wranglers that have otherwise completed their basic line build. This is usually indicated by alphanumeric code JB. Hopefully your Jeep chat person is correct about “3 to 5 days”, but be aware it can be shorter or take longer. ;)
Sponsored