Flashcal issues

One_adam12

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4 door
I’ve had the flash cal system for my 3.6 JL since last year and only uses it to change the tire size really. But recently i had to bring it to the dealer for the steering dampener recall.

i plugged the flash cal in and returned the vehicle to stock. Disconnected the flashcal unplugged the bypass and put the plugs back where they belong and about 10 minutes down the road my auto start/stop light came on saying unavailable and to have it serviced. I got to the dealer and bam no backup lights and no backup cam. This had never happened before. I checked that my flashcal was updated and everything seemed to be correct. I’ve never had any lights or issues with my JL up until this point.

The dealer charged me $200 to scan the Jeep and they found a bunch of codes but told me they don’t make sense because the sensors related to those codes are fine. I called flashcal and they said to update my controller and that should take care of the issue.

anyone else experience this problem or similar?
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I’ve had the flash cal system for my 3.6 JL since last year and only uses it to change the tire size really. But recently i had to bring it to the dealer for the steering dampener recall.

i plugged the flash cal in and returned the vehicle to stock. Disconnected the flashcal unplugged the bypass and put the plugs back where they belong and about 10 minutes down the road my auto start/stop light came on saying unavailable and to have it serviced. I got to the dealer and bam no backup lights and no backup cam. This had never happened before. I checked that my flashcal was updated and everything seemed to be correct. I’ve never had any lights or issues with my JL up until this point.

The dealer charged me $200 to scan the Jeep and they found a bunch of codes but told me they don’t make sense because the sensors related to those codes are fine. I called flashcal and they said to update my controller and that should take care of the issue.

anyone else experience this problem or similar?
Yep. Read my thread on this:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...dy-steep-grade-on-flat-ground-pitch-6°.27519/

Flashcal messes up a bunch of my other sensors too when I “returned to stock”, currently my auto headlights and auto window don’t work.

OP
OP

One_adam12

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4 door

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Did you manage to get any answer from superchips?
over 10 messages/emails, nothing.

You might want to check if your other sensors are operating correctly.
Auto window working? Auto headlights?

Another forum member had better luck reaching out to Flashcal regarding this issue though, but they still offered no help other than what you've gotten.
You can follow the threads here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/auto-headlight-issue.34174/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/issues-and-updates.37200/

These issues related to flashcal seems to be not limited to the JLs
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/auto-lights-function-not-working-after-flashcal-2349581.html

OP
OP

One_adam12

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4 door
over 10 messages/emails, nothing.

You might want to check if your other sensors are operating correctly.
Auto window working? Auto headlights?

Another forum member had better luck reaching out to Flashcal regarding this issue though, but they still offered no help other than what you've gotten.
You can follow the threads here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/auto-headlight-issue.34174/
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/issues-and-updates.37200/

These issues related to flashcal seems to be not limited to the JLs
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/auto-lights-function-not-working-after-flashcal-2349581.html

Thanks for the replies giving me some info I’m going to call them in the next few minutes to see if i can get some sort of better answer from superchips

Sponsored

WildCatguy

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Thanks for the replies giving me some info I’m going to call them in the next few minutes to see if i can get some sort of better answer from superchips
How did it go? I’m having this same issue.

OP
OP

One_adam12

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4 door
How did it go? I’m having this same issue.
Well funny but not funny story,

i was on the phone with tech support for about an hour. Did a lot of manual resets on the different options instead of the quick “return to stock” option and it initially worked. Got off the phone with them about two hours later took a longer ride in the Jeep and boom it’s back on, sent an email to the gent that was helping me and it’s getting escalated to another department tomorrow. I’ll update this thread as more info comes in

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

i was on the phone with tech support for about an hour. Did a lot of manual resets on the different options instead of the quick “return to stock” option and it initially worked. Got off the phone with them about two hours later took a longer ride in the Jeep and boom it’s back on, sent an email to the gent that was helping me and it’s getting escalated to another department tomorrow. I’ll update this thread as more info comes in
Damn, looks like I’ll keep waiting until a true fix comes out..

WildCatguy

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport

This morning everything seem normal, I stop at busy intersection, auto start stop kicks in so car turns off, the light is now green and car won’t turn back on. Like a minute after it finally turns back on and check engine light is on.

I also talked to them on the phone today, they had me update my flashcal so their engineers can look into it.

Sponsored

*evonol*

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport
Dang, im really sorry you all are dealing with. I got to this thread off an interest in what Flashcal is and to see if it was something to invest in...

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
What codes are you getting?

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
My flashcal hasn't really worked since day one. Can't turn factory functions off, can't reset tpms, only thing it seemed to do properly was reset tire size for speedo calibration. I've had a few calls with Superchips, and they want me to download this and that, and honestly, I never have. Not too tech savy when it comes to that. It's basically a $300 paperweight for me.

JAKWGN

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Unlimited Sahara, 2014 HD FLHXS
This in an interesting thread. My FlashCal seems to work fine other than being able to set gears to 4.10. It’ll set but automatically defaults back to “stock” once unplugged. Rubicon comes stock with 4.10’s so I wonder if that’s why it defaults? Anybody else experience this?
Sponsored